WHY DO PEOPLE SHARE PRIVATE STUFF W/ THEIR FRIENDS!?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCGRLNPHX

Reaction score
I totally don't get this whole sharing private stuff thing!? I have girlfriends that cross the line and talk about their sex life and I have guy friends that do it. WTH?! Am I the only one that thinks that's just wrong?

You sound like fun.

In all honesty, it sounds like they trust you. But if it makes you feel uncomfortable, you should tell your friends. Some people have different ideas of what is appropriate in conversation, and lack boundaries. I had a friend who would tell me the nastiest details about i.e. her ear infection, doctors appointments, bodily habits:and it wasn't done in a joking way. It honestly grossed me out and I did have to tell her to not tell me those things.

Some people have no filters, some don't think anything is off limits. I share lots of private things with my best friend because I'm forming a bond of trust.

I dont see anything wrong with sharing private stuffs if it is not for the sake of boasting. In fact, I will feel happy as that the person who shares with me trust me.

Different people are comfortable with different things.. simply it is best you tell them you do not wish to discuss such things.

But, you are not the only one.. even strangers, I think often they tell far too much about some subjects. Not really it is "wrong"... but I do not like it, so ignore or remove from conversation when it occurs.

Because having friends is what that's for? I wouldn't tell a complete stranger my business. I tell those closest to me. If you don't feel comfortable, just say so. Tell them that.

So are you saying, should you ever find yourself in a new relationship or a tough time or something weird, that you wouldn't want to talk about it with someone? You would just keep it bottled up and never tell anyone?

If you can't tell your friends private stuff about yourself, why have friends at all?

IgnoredOne said:
why do people have caplock stuck

Also, this

Ghost Boy said:
Because they want to talk about it with someone?

This, a lot of my friends have always shared things with me, I don't know why but they do. It really doesn't bother me, I like that they feel open enough to talk about private things, that they trust me enough.

IgnoredOne said:
why do people have caplock stuck

Stop trolling, the only thing cap locked was the title, the post wasn't.

With me, it depends on the talk. I don't mind talking about it maturely. But I do have some friends and acquaintances who will be very out of class. I can feel awkward if they say something like, I totally banged that chick. I'm not really sure what I can say to that, other then cool, lol. If you feel uncomfortable with such talk, maybe try and veer the conversation away from it when it arises. If that failed then maybe you might be best off with just being blunt.

Nah, you are not the only one. I too feel pretty much awkward when people talk about their private stuff. I think if you are having a problem then sharing it to a certain extent is ok but if you are doing it just for fun then its pretty disgusting! I either try to change the topic or leave the place if its way over the line.

I don't like talking or hearing about sex life. I have a story, my friend made a video of his sex "slave" and surprised me by sharing it over a video connection on skype. Why would I want to see him having sex with some girl? It's a private thing, just between them two. I feel giving out sex life details is distasteful in the same way, just to a lesser degree.

I'll pretty much talk about most things except sex...that's really nobody's business...I mean, I'm ok with jokes or mentioning small things but I wouldn't go into big massive detail about how I like it like that or this or he did this and that...ewww...TMI...

I really don't care to hear from a friend that she got slammed and wants to do A, B, C...at one of my old workplaces...these two girls were arguing on who is the better cum-mer...and going into horrible detail...eww I don't need to know how your "O" face looks or any other honeysuckle like that...nasty...

Asking advice (while excluding the nastier details) is ok...but just to "keep me in the know"...I rather not know about your junk or how it got infected or anything like that...

To be fair, I shouldve put this in the context it deserved to be in. I've been seeing this guy. He asked me for a picture of myself in lingerie. Um...hell no. So, I thought I'd just take a pic of the lingerie itself and send it. The dumbass forwarded it to his friends with a geotag on it. Guess who has geotagging software and got a notice? *me*. It's my fault for even sending it but really? A 48 yr old man sharing stuff like that with his guy friends? GROW THE F UP. Needless to say, I dumped him.

Sending anything private like that is such a matter of trust, you always have to hope the person won't breech that trust. I've done that too, sending private stuff like that, I'll probably think twice next time though. But a 48-year old forwarding it to his friends...geez, definitely time to grow up.

Latest posts

Back