Why do some men do this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb8686

Reaction score
Howcome when a guy does something that is "wrong" they make every excuse possible to prevent them from being "wrong" ? :club:

sb8686 said:
Howcome when a guy does something that is "wrong" they make every excuse possible to prevent them from being "wrong" ? :club:

Why do some women do it? My girlfriend recently hurt herself in a way that was completely her fault and she was desperate, I mean desperate to find a way for it to be my fault. I won't go into details, but she tried to blame me for wearing shoes. Outside! In town! So she just kept babbling nonsense, and each time she started to say something she realised how stupid it sounded and started to try to find another way of blaming me. We hadn't just had an argument or anything. It's just with her everything is everyone else's fault.

Nyktimos said:
sb8686 said:

It's just with her everything is everyone else's fault.

I agree, it's not gender-specific, some people are just like that. It's really aggravating.

Hahaha well speaking from personal experience...I just plain-old love to fight. That's caused me quite a bit of friction with past girlfriends because sometimes I'll pick an arguement just for the sake of arguing. I guess I like women who will fight back (not physically, of course...I wouldn't ever hit a woman). :p

Generally, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. But when the mood strikes, I'll defend my position and make up every excuse possible, even if the excuses don't make sense. *shrug* I just like to argue, that's all. It's as simple as that, for me.

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Hahaha well speaking from personal experience...I just plain-old love to fight. That's caused me quite a bit of friction with past girlfriends because sometimes I'll pick an arguement just for the sake of arguing. I guess I like women who will fight back (not physically, of course...I wouldn't ever hit a woman). :p

I had one of those sorts of confrontational relationships before. It was exciting but also exhausting.

I was wondering about that being limited to guys, myself.

I don't think anyone lieks to be wrong. But, I think I admit when I'm wrong...I think?! I hope?! Or maybe I'm just ultimately deluded :p

yamaha CS5 said:
Well maybe because people in general don't like to be wrong..? :p
...when doing something "wrong"..lol. :p

I guess it`s about being honest with yourself in the end....but usually it is about male (=dominance) and female (=acceptance) needs (to fill a void maybe?) and expectations....also an act of courage, I suppose. :shy:

ragiop said:
But, I think I admit when I'm wrong...I think?! I hope?! Or maybe I'm just ultimately deluded :p

If you can admit the possibility you are deluding yourself you most likely aren't. It's those who simply say 'I admit when I'm wrong' who you know will usually find some distorted perspective that means they are not in the wrong.

Haha yeah...delusion is like insanity. Are you insane if you think you may be insane because of the things you do?

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Haha yeah...delusion is like insanity. Are you insane if you think you may be insane because of the things you do?

----Steve

For my own sake, I hope not!:D

sb8686 said:

Because they're afraid of letting you down by being weak, just as you're afraid of being let down by someone weak.

maybe.

D

well don't place all the guys in the same category. Some guys are able to be the bigger person and admit to their mistakes. If they just use excuses i think they're just not mature.

Latest posts

Back