Why I say "fresia online dating"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trent said:
i'm sure your optimistic side shows through in a genuine fashion just like it does in your posts here

I'm sure your clueless side shows through in a genuine fashion just like it does in your posts here.

Trent said:
nice way to mischaracterize my post.

what i said was that, as a group, women are more instinctive and intuitive than men. they can sense desperation, clingyness, loneliness, codependency. i've read at least ten books and countless articles on this subject. i am complimenting women as being more intuitive than men. that's not an attack, although you've found a way - miraculously - to spin it that way.

it was to point out the fact that codependency STINKS and is OBVIOUS and PUNGENT to anyone tuned into it - man or woman.

I'm not "spinning" anything, Trent. I merely read your post and commented on my interpretation of the way elements of it sounded to me. In a fairly lighthearted manner, I might add.

Your points about intuition (including those in your above post) are fair enough. However, just the phrasing of "Women can smell it." and "Women can always tell." implies to me (as I said in my last post) that you're suggesting women in particular somehow maliciously sniff out a man's insecurities and then coldly write them off.

It may not actually be how you meant it to come across, I was merely raising the point that such description sounds very negative and cynical.

Also, please keep the bickering to a minimum (blackdot too). There's no need for personal insults.

I disagree. I believe it's completely normal and natural for an adult to feel down because they are single. All that talk of supposing to feel perfectly okay while being single is bullshit. You're NOT supposed to feel like on top of the world, so you have some motivation to go try and find somebody, and make those babies.
Evolution, ya know.

Personally, I'm proud of being needy (of a relationship).

putter65 said:
Quite a few women on POF say they won't date a man under a certain height. For example 5 foot 8.

I suppose it's okay for them to say it, unlike when I said I don't like 'big' women !

I hear you, but I have to say, who you're attracted to is the one facet of life where everyone has the right to be completely selfish. If they're not attracted to short guys, they're just not attracted to short guys, the same as if you're not attracted to fat women you're not attracted to fat women. What's not ok is to treat the people you meet any differently in everyday life, just because you don't find them attractive. I've never tried online dating, for one thing, I look terrible in photos! And online, the photo and small paragraph are really all you've got to go by. PEOPLE ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO BE ATTRACTED TO YOU, that's the bottom line. And this comes from a girl who's always struggled for male attention, so I'm not just lecturing out of nowhere.

Glowgirl said:
putter65 said:
Quite a few women on POF say they won't date a man under a certain height. For example 5 foot 8.

I suppose it's okay for them to say it, unlike when I said I don't like 'big' women !

I hear you, but I have to say, who you're attracted to is the one facet of life where everyone has the right to be completely selfish. If they're not attracted to short guys, they're just not attracted to short guys, the same as if you're not attracted to fat women you're not attracted to fat women. What's not ok is to treat the people you meet any differently in everyday life, just because you don't find them attractive. I've never tried online dating, for one thing, I look terrible in photos! And online, the photo and small paragraph are really all you've got to go by. PEOPLE ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO BE ATTRACTED TO YOU, that's the bottom line. And this comes from a girl who's always struggled for male attention, so I'm not just lecturing out of nowhere.

this woman sent me a message wanting a chat. To be honest I wasn't interested in her (or anybody ?) at the moment but I sent her a little message saying 'thanks for the message'

I have had a few women do that to me which I think is nice.

I am put off by women who write a lost list of demands on their profiles. It just puts me off them !

putter65 said:
I am put off by women who write a lost list of demands on their profiles. It just puts me off them !

I like when they list out things, whether it's things they like and/or dislike. Gives me an idea right off the bat on if I could match up with that person.

blackdot said:
putter65 said:

I like when they list out things, whether it's things they like and/or dislike. Gives me an idea right off the bat on if I could match up with that person.

when SOME women write a list of things they want from a man, I straight away think 'I'm not good enough for her. I can't possibly meet her high standards' - so I never bother to even write a message.

I was going to join a dating website at the beginning of this year because for years now I have been fed up of being single (it does have its positives though) but after reading mostly negative reviews on them I decided to stay away (some people were apparently getting ripped off).The negative comments that I read were not from this forum though.

Hearmenow2012 said:
I was going to join a dating website at the beginning of this year because for years now I have been fed up of being single (it does have its positives though) but after reading mostly negative reviews on them I decided to stay away (some people were apparently getting ripped off).The negative comments that I read were not from this forum though.

no harm in having a go if it's a free site

putter65 said:
Hearmenow2012 said:

But generally you don't have access to a lot of the stuff on there if you only have a free account.

Hearmenow2012 said:
putter65 said:
Hearmenow2012 said:

But generally you don't have access to a lot of the stuff on there if you only have a free account.

Plenty of Fish seems completely free. You can send / read messages. Hope you have better luck than me !

Plenty of Fish seems completely free. You can send / read messages. Hope you have better luck than me !
[/quote]

I will have to check it out. I hope that you find what you're looking for in the near future :)

Hearmenow2012 said:

I will have to check it out. I hope that you find what you're looking for in the near future :)
[/quote]

I just canceled my account on there (match.com). Even though I payed for 6 months, they better not ******* charge me for 6 months. I haven't even been on the website 2 weeks.

Also, I wish you the best of luck if you're on pof.com. I've been through countless accounts on that website,with very little luck. I've met like...1 person on there once that I happen to be strongly interested in , but I guess he was a **** drunk or something. Anyway... Good luck. If someone even messages you, consider yourself lucky. And I'm not going to lie, but I would take pof.com over match.com any day.

Latest posts

Back