Why is life so boring??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got to agree here life is a boring most of the time. i'm busy most of it but it's all and same old same old. i mean i'm one that takes chances when they pop up like two weeks go i ended up drinking with some people from my apartment that i never met before because they were yelling at me and i started talking and drinking with them. but stuff like that rarely happens because i have to work and go to school most of the time i hardly ever have the free time to do stupid and fun stuff that randomly pops up. like when i ended up driving a hobo across state because he asked for a ride and nothing more lol. idk my point is it's boring most of the time with random fun event far and few between expectantly when you have no money

Life isn't boring at all, but if you expect things to just fall into your lap, they won't. You have to make your own openings and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.

GO OUT AND ******* DO THINGS OF MANY SORTS.

That will stop things from being boring.

Truestorybro.

there's plenty of enjoyment to be had... we've just got to redefine our meaning of it and spend our time wisely

Badjedidude said:
GO OUT AND ******* DO THINGS OF MANY SORTS.

That will stop things from being boring.

Truestorybro.

Amen to that.

Computers and plasma tvs get boring really ******* fast once you remember there's an outside world.

My life is boring too due to time: work, chauffeuring my daughter from activity to activity, ect. I really have no passion anymore for anything because it gets tiring after a while having to do things by yourself and noticing energy level decreases as i get older. I miss being in my 30s with tons of energy.

Thank you for all your replies. Just got back home from my trip. Back to my boring existence...

One thing I don't do is go to movies very often - reason being is that I really don't have any close friends lately, and in-between relationships. The thought of going to a movie theater by myself scares me for some reason. I know that many people have no problem doing such things. I'm thinking that I've never really got comfortable with myself, and I need to just go to a movie. Like many have said here, I need to do something.
I won't do certain things (re: movie theaters, sight-seeing, etc.) because there's nobody in my life to do these things with. Why am I waiting for somebody? I need to just get on with life, and do these things. I should create my own "good times" without the need of others. I have been thinking of this for a few days, and I am going to implement this new thinking on my days off this week. It may not be the greatest solution, but it's a solution... for now.

So I decided on seeing "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2". It was a wonderful movie on the "big screen". The actual movie was better than the trailers made it out to be. This one part, however, was the part that stuck with me after the movie: "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, all those who live without love".
The REST of the story: I arrived at the theater about 30 minutes before the movie, so I was the first one there. I found the perfect spot to view the movie (eye level, in the middle seat, etc.). By the time the movie started, there were 3 couples, and one person by himself. Amazingly, they all happened to sit within a few seats from me out of that whole theater. So I suppose I wasn't quite alone. Very strange.

Latest posts

Back