Why is making friends so difficult?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
timdjohn
I have only had 2 individuals in my life that I could truly call a friend. But then both betrayed me as well.

The one betrays is not a Human being.
I just have never figured out what is so wrong with me? I make decent conversation; I am not dirty, smelly, dress strange, look strange. Like I have said most seem to like me as a work acquaintances and such. But never seem to find me good enough to be a friend, much less anything more.

Really i also cant understand why many people didnt became ur friend.From the way you are talking,i can understand that u r very sociable.Well who knows why it is...Many people cant make me as their friend because iam not sociable.I dont use to talk with many.Thats why.Making friends is very easy,but i never like to make more.

I have only had 2 friends in my life.
U had 2........I dont have any and i dont worry for that.

I have always wanted a life-long everlasting,deep,caring,pure friendships but i dont have them, and i dont know how to approve any other type of friendships. Of course it needs time and effort to build it to that level. but i always felt so superficial when i try to be friends with someone and it makes me sick. that is one part why making friends is hard for me. Anyone feels the same?

Posted by inhu
I have always wanted a life-long everlasting,deep,caring,pure friendships but i dont have them, and i dont know how to approve any other type of friendships. Of course it needs time and effort to build it to that level. but i always felt so superficial when i try to be friends with someone and it makes me sick. that is one part why making friends is hard for me.

I also wanted a life-long everlasting,deep,caring,pure friendships but i dont have them.Many of the people who chat online are bad.Ive seen ...cheaters,liars....There are few good somewhere.Its difficult to find.As u said..thats right..Of course it needs time.But this is more time that i had spent time in chat.Well,i stopped going to chat sites.I Understood its waste of time.Iam back to ? i was doing before....Watching videos,pictures...etc...

Sameer said:
I also wanted a life-long everlasting,deep,caring,pure friendships but i dont have them.Many of the people who chat online are bad.Ive seen ...cheaters,liars....There are few good somewhere.Its difficult to find.As u said..thats right..Of course it needs time.But this is more time that i had spent time in chat.Well,i stopped going to chat sites.I Understood its waste of time.Iam back to ? i was doing before....Watching videos,pictures...etc...

Being in India, where every other person you talk to becomes your friend, it's hard to believe its that much difficult to make friends. At-least from my view, there's not a single soul in this country or there isn't any whom I have seen without people to hang around with them. Of-course as you said, there will be many of them too, those who stab you on your back when you turn around, but there are still others who support you.

Posted by Sanal
Being in India, where every other person you talk to becomes your friend, it's hard to believe its that much difficult to make friends.

Doesnt make any sense...
You think that in India all people have same character ?

Dont judge by seeing any movie/serials of india or talking with some people of india. You are talking like, you had talked with all the people in India.Well, no one can talk with all the people in any country.

You think that in all countries, all people have same character ?

Doesnt matter what the country is....
Some people judge something by country.That is wrong.For example...racists.When i chatted before,ive noticed many times..When i said iam from India...the reply stopped from a person whom i was chatting.That happened many times.The reason they didnt replied because...they would have heard or seen any indian doing a big mistake in something.So they will think all other indians are also same.That's absolutely stupid.Not everyone has same character.I dont respect racists.
Iam not saying you are racist..Just i wanted to explain about that.

At-least from my view, there's not a single soul in this country or there isn't any whom I have seen without people to hang around with them.

That's a complete joke as u said... there's not a single soul in this country or there isn't any whom I have seen without people to hang around with them.Anyway..that is your view.

Not all are sociable.Some people expect something in a friendship.... ..like similar interests....make few friends...etc ..so on.You cant blame that coz everyone have their own rules.

Sameer said:
Dont judge by seeing any movie/serials of india or talking with some people of india. You are talking like, you had talked with all the people in India.Well, no one can talk with all the people in any country.

..When i said iam from India...the reply stopped from a person whom i was chatting.That happened many times.The reason they didnt replied because...they would have heard or seen any indian doing a big mistake in something.So they will think all other indians are also same.That's absolutely stupid.Not everyone has same character.I dont respect racists.
Iam not saying you are racist..Just i wanted to explain about that.

ummm...Sameer, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but Sanal IS Indian, dude. And he certainly isn't a racist. And he's speaking from his life experiences, not from movies he's watched. o_O

lol I cant be assed to reply. I am getting new titles day by day (**** it eve I wrote TITLES no TITTIES. NO TYPO). First was a pervert now Ima racist lmao. I never thought I could be one :p I feel proud to have achieved that one special filthy title :p

Edit: GEEZ, even after looking into it so deeply, I made a typo

@Sameer: Seems to me you're quite guilty of making your own judgements. Also, it isn't necessarily true that anyone who points out a stereotype is racist. Heck you've just made your own lil stereotype right there.

Posted by EveWasFramed
ummm...Sameer, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but Sanal IS Indian, dude. And he certainly isn't a racist.

Once again read that previous reply i did.I didnt called sanal as racist.I mentioned as ---- Iam not saying you are racist..Just i wanted to explain about that. I just explained about the chat i had before in chat sites.I have no idea that you cant able to see it properly.BTW if sanal is from India...alright.Doesnt matter ?Ever country he is from.And you dont think i judge people by country,I dont.Actually i was explaining about this in the previous reply that i have seen many people in chat who judge like that.Never mind.

Posted by Sanal
lol I cant be assed to reply. I am getting new titles day by day (**** it eve I wrote TITLES no TITTIES. NO TYPO). First was a pervert now Ima racist lmao.

Once again read that previous reply i did.I didnt called u as racist.I mentioned as ---- Iam not saying you are racist..Just i wanted to explain about that. I just explained about the chat i had before in chat sites.I have no idea that you cant able to see it properly.

Oh it just looked so like you are 'indirectly' implying me. They way you put it together had that hint in it. Should have rephrased if you didn't mean it that way.

About this country, its kinda difficult for anyone to be here without any friends. I mean with these many people who are so caring and a country with culturally such strong family tie ups, its just far too great. You will definitely have to try hard to "not" make friends here and to be actually "alone."

Sameer said:
Once again read that previous reply i did.I didnt called sanal as racist.I mentioned as ---- Iam not saying you are racist..Just i wanted to explain about that. I just explained about the chat i had before in chat sites.I have no idea that you cant able to see it properly.

I never stated you called him a racist, only that he wasn't one. I have no idea why you can't see that properly. :) Just a little reassurance that he wasn't.

because people pick their friends based on looks and popularity instead of loyalty. at least here in America.

I totally disagree with that statement of course. :p I'm in America and that isn't nearly the case in my experience.

SocratesX said:
because people pick their friends based on looks and popularity instead of loyalty. at least here in America.

Ok, you've made an assertion.

Prove it is true to me.

If it is true, you can give me several concrete examples of people who have done this.

And i dont want you to say " I know this is true because so many people do this" what people? where? who? Why? When?

Have you done any surveys to prove the validity of this argument?
Can you back this up with scientific studies?

Show me the money :p

Quite right. Its sad indeed but unfortunately this can be said of many and no, not just in America.

A lot of people make friends only for appearances sake or so they can get laid.

I should know. I did it in Junior High. What a little ******* I was.

Haha oar...everyone was a ******* in junior high.

High school, also, come to think of it...

...or maybe that was just me. o_0

----Steve

Latest posts

Back