Why is my life so boring and empty?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannySmith111

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong about my life. Nothing feels bad. It's just that I feel my life is so, boring!

Those friends I've made posts about, how we never hangout anymore, I think they're gone now. I've moved on from those guys. I just really have no true friends I can hangout with now. It's easy to find people in school I can talk to and sit with, but no real friends I can trust and hangout with like I had before.

My mom works all weekend and on Tuesdays. Even if I had time to hangout, it would have to be during the week.

I don't know what to say lol.

Yeah to be honest with you, I feel like my life is boring too. Once I moved to Florida, I knew nobody around where I lived. It's hard trying to make new friends especially. All my friends were from High School and now it's much harder to try to make any friends. Not sure what else to say to you at this moment, but I can definitely relate to you about this and it sucks you're feeling this way.

Making friends is scary. You have to put yourself out there. Do something unnatural. You have people you can talk to in school. You need to try to turn those into real friends. If you play sports you could ask some people to play ball after school. If you play video games, try going over someone's house to play in person. Whatever you can do.

It's easy for me to say, since I'm in the same position as you and not doing it. I know what I need to do, which is to start meeting people. I want to join a basketball league. There's also a meetup.com which I've just been to scared too do. Meeting people is scary. Friends and girlfriends is a numbers game. When you're not even really meeting people, or putting yourself in a position for friends that number is 0/0 and will never happen.

OP I know how you feel, I've had no proper friends for a long time, it gets to the point where it's hard to trust anyone. Things will pick up if you let them take time. Well, that's the plan :p

Gotta say I'm in the same boat. Since I left college life definitely hasn't been too exciting. Not that I've ever been too fulfilled, but at least in college I had friends around. Since coming back home, my group of HS friends has reeeeeally spread out. I spend a lot of time at my house by myself watching Netflix. It's really depressing. I live in a really boring area, too...I don't know how to go about meeting people really, but I gotta liven up my circle a bit...

You're not alone. I don't have anyone to hang out with either. Literally no one. Mostly alone at home. Living in the little town too, nothing ever happens here, but no money to move out, since rents are very high in bigger cities.

How do you guys deal with this?

I'm only in high school. My mom cannot drive me anywhere except on a few days not including weekends. I'm not involved in athletics at school because if I DID make a team, my mom can't drive me. Plus, I haven't been involved in sports ever since my parents were divorced and I wouldn't be able to make a team nowadays.

I just stay home and play video games. I'm not very proud of it, but what else can I do??? I don't do any drugs, smoking, weed, etc. like I see a lot of kids do.

Although I'd rather be hanging out with friends, they've drifted apart ever since I moved. I've tried numerous times to ask them to hangout, but it seems like they don't care anymore. I used to go outside a lot, video games were only for when I could not go outside or when I was bored. If you look at my previous threads, I'm pretty disappointed with how my group of friends turned out :(.

So yeah, I play video games pretty often now when I have nothing to do. I'm really into them for some reason :/. At the same time however, I understand they shouldn't be taking over my whole life. It's hard to describe. At school I still talk to people. I'm not the quiet kid in the corner but I find it so difficult to make a lasting friendship and find the friends I used to have. Ones you can hangout with, trust, and will always be around. It's a piece of cake to find people to talk with.

GrannySmith111 said:
How do you guys deal with this?

I'm only in high school.

I just stay home and play video games. I'm not very proud of it, but what else can I do??? I don't do any drugs, smoking, weed, etc. like I see a lot of kids do.

So yeah, I play video games pretty often now when I have nothing to do. I'm really into them for some reason :/

You're still young, enjoy it.

Your hobby is keeping you off the streets and by extension, out of trouble.

Because it occupies your mind and keeps you from thinking too much(about bad stuff) and it's fun to do.

Boredom is so dangerous. Boredom causes depression a lot of the time. I know what you mean though, I feel horribly unfulfilled about 96% of the time. If only there were a little more excitement! When I was young(er), I had some cool action movie-like dreams. I would get shot at, fight terrorists,... really cool stuff. I'm so bored and desperate lately, I would trade in my life for those dreams any moment...

I want to get shot at.

I played video games like crazy up to a few years ago and I'm probably a bit over 10 years older than you. They were my escape along with movies/tv. My ability to be alone is really strong, and I never felt lonely up till a few years ago.

From my personal experience I regret playing so many games, because they really can take up so much of your life. I wish I had spent the time with friends, or trying to make friends, or just doing something more social.

There is no secret in making friends. Being social is a skill. It takes effort. It's scary. But like any skill the more you do it the easier it gets.

daughter of the moon said:
Boredom is so dangerous. Boredom causes depression a lot of the time. I know what you mean though, I feel horribly unfulfilled about 96% of the time. If only there were a little more excitement! When I was young(er), I had some cool action movie-like dreams. I would get shot at, fight terrorists,... really cool stuff. I'm so bored and desperate lately, I would trade in my life for those dreams any moment...

I want to get shot at.

While I understand desperation can make us say silly things, this is by far one of the sillier things I have read. I believe you mean to say, or at least I hope you mean to say, that you would like to lead a more exciting life. Not that you want to be like those many souls across the world living in places where gun violence is a fact of everyday life and such circumstances dictate the harsh reality in which they live.

ghbarnaby2 said:
daughter of the moon said:

I want to get shot at.

While I understand desperation can make us say silly things, this is by far one of the sillier things I have read. I believe you mean to say, or at least I hope you mean to say, that you would like to lead a more exciting life. Not that you want to be like those many souls across the world living in places where gun violence is a fact of everyday life and such circumstances dictate the harsh reality in which they live.

I think she just means that she needs something in her life. She's right - boredom can cause major depression in some people - especially young people. Im sure she doesn't really want to be shot at, lol.

This is ridiculous. I'm not even going to respond anymore. Think whatever the fresia you want.

Latest posts

Back