Why lonely people exists…

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me its just ive moved to another country a year ago, and nobody seems to like me here
I can almost never see my old friends because its a 4 hour drive and i dont own a car yet...yup just 17 years old -/

I guess a content man is a happy man.

But when difficulties comes,it is hard to be contented.

Loneliness is a choice.We have a choice not to feel lonely.(But for me,most of the times,no.)

callista_05 said:
Porman said:
callista_05 said:

Is it the circumstances? Or is it just us that are not able to make the best out of everything we have?

For me its circumstances. All my friends moved for uni and I live in a small town. Its either circumstances or you are holding back, and to which you are the only one to blame.

To think people are destined to be lonely is to surrunder, and to except life as it is and not try for change. If you think like this, you will be lonely for every.

I think some of you put to much thought into lonelyness like its a disease/curse. For most of you its your inability to connect with people. Im very able to make friends, I just dont get the oppertunity to do so.

In my case, I’ve been surrounded with friends and a very supportive family, but then I still feel a deep hollow carved inside me… if finding the cause of this emptiness that I’m feeling right now will actually solve the problem, where should I start?

Yeah me too. I have a loving family and lots of friends, but still, it feels like there's always something missing, that having family and friends is never enough. Part of the reason why I feel lonely is because I'm a very quiet person. I don't talk a lot, so I don't really share my feelings to anyone, meaning I don't have any deep relationship with anyone, except for a very few people. But it still doesn't feel enough. Because I grew up in a Christian family, I've been taught that God is the missing piece. To tell you the truth, I hope they're right, but right now it doesn't feel that way.

SilentThinker said:
Loneliness is a choice.We have a choice not to feel lonely.

My first instinct was to refute that claim but on second thoughts maybe there is a grain of truth in that statement.

A lot of my loneliness is derived from gradually accepting that there can be no other way. But I suppose if one were to review that dictum objectively, it's quite clear that it still stems from a choice, even if that choice excludes the possibility of further choices once it has been made.

Latest posts

Back