Why we're attracted to certain types.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alonewith2cats

Reaction score
Do any of you find yourself strongly attracted to a certain race, ethnicity or physical type and you don't know why? Like you can try to turn away from it, tell yourself not to be so fixated on a particular type, but no matter what you're eyes keep wandering to what you're attracted to. I'm concerned that I'm really going to limit my dating options because of it. In general I tend to not be attracted to guys who are blonde and I think blue eyes are overrated. Probably because I'm blonde with blue eyes so I think those guys look too much like me. I like jet black hair and dark brown eyes. The celebrity I'm most attracted to is Keanu Reeves. He is a quarter chinese and guess what? I'm attacted to Asians! I check them out all the time, on the bus, at work. And lately on the on-line dating sites, although I know I should be checking out a variety of types on there my eyes keep looking at the profiles of Asian guys. They would probably think I'm creepy if they knew. It's not an intentional plan, it just tends to happen. Maybe it's a phase and I'll get over it.

I think it's normal. People tend to have a preference on anything. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree with Lady, I think its pretty normal. After watching LOTR, I practically only looked at bearded men who looked like they might not have showered for a few days :p

But like you said, it could be a phase and as long as you don't exclusively only make room for guys that fit your preference, you probably have nothing to worry about

Don't worry, you may like it, but it won't take any chances to fall in love with people who may not fit such details.

For example, I feel a bit more attracted to girls with darker skin tones and I really like the way modern glasses can fit a girls face. Very sexy in my opinion. (And no, that not racist and I don't have a glasses fetish) But this rarely fits any girls around me, and even if it would, I would still have other criteria that are more important to me. Most importantly, the character. However, that criteria is hard to see, unless you know this person better =)

Generally we're genetically programmed to look for people with the most distant DNA. There are problems when the DNA from parents are too close; just look at any backwood southerner. :p

Dissident said:
Generally we're genetically programmed to look for people with the most distant DNA. There are problems when the DNA from parents are too close; just look at any backwood southerner. :p

Did you seriously just type that? *rolls eyes*

EveWasFramed said:
Dissident said:

If your issue is with the latter portion, I say that as a southerner with an uncle named Bubba. :p

Dissident said:
EveWasFramed said:
Dissident said:

If your issue is with the latter portion, I say that as a southerner with an uncle named Bubba. :p

So you are a southerner that has an issue with your family members inbreeding?

My uncle's names are James, Charles and Thomas. Maybe Im not a "backwoods" Southerner. (hmm)

EveWasFramed said:

No but I'm saying I get the jokes that people make and they're not really that offensive. :p

Alonewith2cats. like several have said, no, it's not weird. We all have our preferences. you CAN modify your preferences a bit, but definitely do not lower your moral and ethical standards for someone.

regardless, there are still plenty of people to check out.

Dissident said:
EveWasFramed said:

No but I'm saying I get the jokes that people make and they're not really that offensive. :p

Maybe not so much offensive, as they are annoying. They sort of perpetuate the stereotype I guess.
So, do you REALLY have an uncle named Bubba? :p

Dissident said:
Generally we're genetically programmed to look for people with the most distant DNA.

Which means my DNA is searching for a red haired, blue eyed girl with african+asian heritage? ****, DNA, you are a scary one.

And what is my new girlfriend looking like: black hair, brown eyes, pale skin ... just like me. Where's your theory now? Buhahaha. :p

EveWasFramed said:
Nothing wrong with that. As long as his Uncle isn't Uncle Ruckus. :p

PyramidHead said:
Dissident said:
Generally we're genetically programmed to look for people with the most distant DNA.

Which means my DNA is searching for a red haired, blue eyed girl with african+asian heritage? ****, DNA, you are a scary one.

And what is my new girlfriend looking like: black hair, brown eyes, pale skin ... just like me. Where's your theory now? Buhahaha. :p

EveWasFramed said:
Nothing wrong with that. As long as his Uncle isn't Uncle Ruckus. :p

Praise the White Man!

EveWasFramed said:
But....but...I still wanna know where Bubba lives. :(

I think Bubba went that way Eve...
photoapr17102645.jpg

Latest posts

Back