why, why do "nice guys" do this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, I can take on the whole forum, if it comes to ad hominem attacks, BUT, since I don't like being suspended, I will refrain from doing that. I will however ask you to do the same. I mean all of you. I am expressing ideas, not stating my opinions about any of you.
Perhaps you should share your own ideas about this topic. But, please, let it not be yet again something like "ask, ask, ask until you meet that special person that says yes".

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
Of course I'm wrong, I'm using logic, common sense and previous experience of me and others, instead of dreams & honeysuckle.

And others are using their previous experiences and the experiences of other people to argue against you. Both of which you dismissed. So your experiences and anecdotes must be just as easily dismissed yeah? Or are anecdotes suddenly valid as long as they support your crap?

Funny how logic works.

I'm sure in your world everything you say makes perfect sense, but the rest of us are dealing with reality. You aren't taking the forum. You aren't even taking this thread. But I'm sure you will believe what you want.

kamya said:
AnotherLonelyGuy said:
Of course I'm wrong, I'm using logic, common sense and previous experience of me and others, instead of dreams & honeysuckle.

And others are using their previous experiences and the experiences of other people to argue against you. Both of which you dismissed. So your experiences and anecdotes must be just as easily dismissed yeah? Or are anecdotes suddenly valid as long as they support your crap?

Funny how logic works.

I'm sure in your world everything you say makes perfect sense, but the rest of us are dealing with reality. You aren't taking the forum. You aren't even taking this thread. But I'm sure you will believe what you want.

This exactly, you were so easily entitled to dismiss MY thoughts and opinions (as well as other people's thoughts and opinions), yet yours are perfect and everyone should follow them because they follow logic and common sense? Yet, all the while, you are contradicting yourself. lol Whatever works for you, sir.

Yeah, have it your own way, women love broke ugly dudes, who am I to shatter your dreams?

TheRealCallie said:
kamya said:
AnotherLonelyGuy said:

Funny how logic works.

This exactly, you were so easily entitled to dismiss MY thoughts and opinions (as well as other people's thoughts and opinions), yet yours are perfect and everyone should follow them because they follow logic and common sense? Yet, all the while, you are contradicting yourself. lol Whatever works for you, sir.

Yeah, it's probably wrong for me to have arguments for my statements. I guess it's enough to say "because I say so".
You are right however that when people are annoyed, they will stop listening to you no matter what you tell them.

With that being said, I'll leave to debate what a bitter delusional guy I am and be off to settle my real stuff.

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
Yeah, have it your own way, women love broke ugly dudes, who am I to shatter your dreams?

TheRealCallie said:
kamya said:
AnotherLonelyGuy said:

Funny how logic works.

Yeah, it's probably wrong for me to have arguments for my statements. I guess it's enough to say "because I say so".
You are right however that when people are annoyed, they will stop listening to you no matter what you tell them.

Are you a woman? I don't believe you are, so why exactly are you telling everyone what women do and do not love/want? How about you let WOMEN decide what they do and do not want.
If you want to give people advice, that's fine, but don't dismiss other people's advice because you don't find it suitable.
Also, just because one woman might find a man "ugly" doesn't mean every woman will.

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
Listen, I can take on the whole forum, if it comes to ad hominem attacks, BUT, since I don't like being suspended, I will refrain from doing that. I will however ask you to do the same. I mean all of you. I am expressing ideas, not stating my opinions about any of you.
Perhaps you should share your own ideas about this topic. But, please, let it not be yet again something like "ask, ask, ask until you meet that special person that says yes".

That testosterone soaked dogma you're pushing has been going around for ever in various blogs and forums. Plenty of guys classed as losers by those standards get attention from women for reasons completely apart from any of it.

Just looking at the language involved here - women are not a quarry to be hunted, dating is not a battle to won. The forum is not something to be 'taken on' like a scene from fight club or something.

Surely, the kind of thinking that underlies statements like these, that pits one gender against the other, one person against the other is likely to mean you will always find combatants, not partners or friends. I imagine that might become rather tiring after a while.

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
I also find the tactic of agreeing with women in the hopes you will talk and maybe find somehow how to weasel a way into their bed not only generally not working, but also repulsive. So I guess I'm not a PUA.

Being agreeable and weasily would be the antithesis of pickup up artist "theory". It's more in line with the school of thought you subscribe to.

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
Sorry, I don't deal in dreams and statements, I deal in reality and hard facts. Stating you are different doesn't change my opinion, it's only a statement, I don't know you, I am assuming you would not date an ugly man who can't even buy his own glass of beer if he would go out with you. You may, of course contradict me. Nice words and dreams don't cost a thing.
As for assumptions about me, where I come from or what I'm doing... yeah, it's not nice what I'm saying, people don't want to hear about it, but these things have to be expressed so as the ones who need any advice will have more to choose from.

I think what Callie said was mainly based on her experience and conclusions on this particular topic - not a dream or just some passing statement. There is a reason why she derived to such an opinion and, same with you.

I totally get where you're coming from, all right. I may not be in the same situation but I have been in your situation. To be honest, I never imagined any guy could've liked me cos I always thought I'm "not pretty enough" for the normal people out there, and to find the rare ones are not easy. But it seems to be possible because I am in a relationship and I'm happy in it and I gotta say, I'm not the hotshot "pretty" girl someone like you might think. I understand that there is a lot of people out there who are shallow and really do find interest in others through looks mainly. But there are also those who don't.

What you say is true, to a certain extent, maybe to a large extent for some, or not, for some - so if you're going to advice people on it, shouldn't your advice be more.. fair? And not biased to what you think? I don't know.. just a thought. Maybe people tend to advice based on their own experience.. but I tend not to just base it on mine, but also what I've observed from other people, and in other points of view.

Basically, you don't tell someone to give up trying, just because you think it's not worth it. You can tell them what the possible consequences are to either trying, or not... and then let them see and decide for themselves. Maybe you have the intention to help other men in this area, but perhaps they way you're doing it is seeming kinda biased and that's probably why you're getting honeysuckle about it.

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
I'm getting honeysuckle from people 'cause what I say is not nice. How I say this things makes humans sound so... non-human, so unevolved. And people hate that.
"Falling at his feet" is a figure of speech, don't take it literally.
Between a nice guy and a nice guy with looks and money the choice is obvious.

What we say based on our experience, the good stuff, is also not nice to you - and you don't want to hear that. So, look at what you're doing first..

And between a nice guy and a nice guy with looks and money - my choice is obviously the former. Why? Because money can bring about so many issues. If there is a nice guy, who can be humble and not greedy cos he lacks the money, and knows how to live a "rougher" life with the lack of it or the lack of luxury monetarily, than hands down this nice guy wins my heart because in the long run, he will know how to manage finances and not overspend and be cocky or complacent about life and everything else.

Before I end, there might be some thinking what if there's a guy/girl who is nice, with looks and money and is also very good with managing his/her money, is not arrogant cos he/she is more well-to-do or anything like that, sure, then, that's rare to find, go grab 'em. But so far, in my experience in life, for this very short 25 years living, I realise you can't have everything - in anything and anyone.

Okay this thread is going nowhere now and has gone way off track, too much bickering and arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back