Wish I had more time....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookworm1979

Reaction score
Anyone else find it difficult to concentrate on things you enjoy doing simply because there isn't enough time to really delve into them? Most weekends I spend the entire two days at home; I do some housework, and most of the remaining time is spent reading and trying to learn new things...

My problem is I just can't focus enough on what I'm reading at the time because I'm always thinking, "well, maybe I should be reading that instead"...I guess I'm just too aware of how short life really is, and how there really isn't enough time to soak up a lot of knowledge...I really don't know why I even have such an insatiable thirst for knowledge nowadays, anyway, because I could barely pay attention in school, I was so bored most of the time...There's really no point to any of it, but it keeps me occupied...

I don't know, I just wish my time wasn't so consumed by work (but I'm VERY happy to have a job!), and, you know, sleep and things like that, LOL...Like today I was trying to teach myself the Russian alphabet for about half an hour during lunch at work, and I became so engrossed in it that I almost forgot to sign back in to start working again...I wish I could have more time to enjoy learning with that intensity, instead of constantly feeling distracted...

Of course, I have to remember the "Twilight Zone" episode where the bank clerk is always frustrated because he has no time to read, due to people always bothering him for something; one day nuclear annihilation occurs when he's in the giant bank vault; he's happy because he's the only person left alive and now he has time to read, but his glasses break and there's no one to fix them, so he's back to square one...I have to remember that too much of a good thing can be bad...

OK, ramble over...

to tell you the truth, I wish I had less time. It's insane how many games of Solitaire I can fit in the time between getting home from work and going to bed at night.

Yes unfortunately I have too much time too. I feel like I'm just constantly finding ways to waste it. I hate being "busy" though. If I have more than about 2 things to do or remember I totally freak out.

Just a sign of an active mind B.W.- I struggle with the same thing on occasion. I guess you just have to filter out the important stuff.

Russian alphabet- yikes. Do you read algebra textbooks for night time relaxation as well?;)

You make time for the things you really want to do. You work at doing the things you really want to do. You do the things you really want to do.

blackdot & annik: Well, on the weekends, I DO have a lot of free time...But I can't figure out what to do first because there's still more stuff to do than there is free time to do it in...But maybe you need to find a new game to play, blackdot...

Lonely in BC: Yes, my active mind can drive me crazy sometimes...Yuck, algebra, I hate math...But, yes, Russian is a bit more complicated because of the alphabet...

jjam: But I want to do EVERYTHING, that's the problem!

You only have one lifetime BW, best to focus on the things that really count.

And if you want to do everything- plenty more snow today and I have extra shovels. Annik keeps standing me up (the cheeky madam).:p

I play all kinds of games but they are all Solitaire like in that it's a game i can play by myself or it's a game I can play against the computer.

Latest posts

Back