Wish you had siblings ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somnambulist said:
InfiniteIsolation said:
Having sibling to play games over LAN would have been nice.

LMFAO !!!

Ever heard of bots ? Just create a few of those, and you're good to go !

I'm not interrested in a flamewar, and i've found your posts and comments both interresting and on several occasions insightfull.

Now this was most probably ment with no disrespect and just a friendly joke/banter, but it's a realy insensetive remark, bots are not a suitable replacement for human interraction.

Also, InfiniteIsolation is as new as can bee on this forum, he might not know if your joking or mocking him.

MisterLonely said:
Somnambulist said:
InfiniteIsolation said:

LMFAO !!!

I'm not interrested in a flamewar, and i've found your posts and comments both interresting and on several occasions insightfull.

Now this was most probably ment with no disrespect and just a friendly joke/banter, but it's a realy insensetive remark, bots are not a suitable replacement for human interraction.

Also, InfiniteIsolation is as new as can bee on this forum, he might not know if your joking or mocking him.

No, it's not insensitive. II made a joke, and I replied to a joke with a joke.

Having siblings for the sole reason of playing LAN games has got to be a joke. So, I interpreted the comment as a joke, and replied with one of my own.

I have a brother to share. He needs friends... and I need to get rid of him a bit every now and then to maybe appreciate him more... I'll lend him out every other week XD

My brother died in a car accident when he was 19 and I was 12. So, i never got to spend my life knowing him. My sis is 11 years older than me and had moved out when i was in elementary school. She moved cross country so i never really got to have much of a relationship with her though we do talk on the phone. I would love to have that Big Family that has a home full of people on the holidays, etc.

Hugs for dd11. 
love-hug4.gif
 So sorry to hear you lost your brother, especially to those circumstances. I hope that, while time can't heal completely, it has taken the edge of your pain away.

It's worse losing something one knows what it feels like to have :( I am sorry for you, dd11. I would have been more sad to lose a sibling than to have had to live without them from the start.

To the ones wanting siblings - it is not all that glamorous. They hide in their parts of the world, awake at other times, live in other places, sure, you meet some times... like when they steal cookies and buns at your family birthday parties and then disappear into their rooms again... Don't misunderstand me though, I do like them.

...A little bit :p

I have siblings where sometimes I wish I didn't. They're selfish for the most part but they have helped me some on dire occasions (I never asked for help in those situations).

So even though they can be asses at times, they have done me some good (not that they're obligated to, even if they're family). My brother always bullied me as a child and my sister, was off being a bad example and getting kicked out from home for her notorious behaviour. I ended up being that quiet, loner kid just wandering around by herself.

I still love them though. But that doesn't mean I have to like their behaviour. :x

I have 2 brothers, one of whom is severely autistic. Neither of them were ever the protective I'll-smash-your-face-in-if-you-touch-my-sister type though; quite the opposite. 
lol.gif
 Maybe it's different now we aren't kids, but I couldn't know for sure as it's been 5 years since I saw them. I do know that we all love each other when it comes down to it, and for that I'm thankful.

Somnambulist said:
InfiniteIsolation said:

LMFAO !!!

AI is no match for humans.
I'm talking about 20 years ago before fast internet was available. Now most games don't even have LAN support.

Oh, ok. I see. That would make it quite difficult.

I have a sister but she's very detached from the family and prefers to be left alone, which I wish wasn't the case because I imagine life would be less lonely if she and I were close. I still love her though.

I do wish I had an older brother. I like to think he would've stood up for me/protected me whenever I was taken advantage of.

~ Great Grandmother = Only Child (Deceased)
~ Grandmother = Only Child (Mid-80s)
~ Mother = Sister with no child
~ Me = Only Child
~ My Daughter = Only Child

There is only four of us - extremely close - this will be our last holidays spent together with the four of us before my grandmother passes away unless a miracle happens.

I tease about my brothers and sisters being a PIA but the reality is if the honeysuckle hit the fan I could call them ....they might screen my call but I could call lol
I remember my sister in law saying how she finds it remarkable how we interact with each other ...picking poking and teasing each other .... but don't let any one else try because your going to catch hell

I wish I had an older sister whose arms I could run into, scream my fears out, and cry my eyes out.

I'm terrified of days to come. I see a dark abyss ahead.

BadGuy said:
I tease about my brothers and sisters being a PIA but the reality is if the honeysuckle hit the fan I could call them ....they might screen my call  but I could call lol
I remember my sister in law saying how she finds it remarkable how we interact with each other ...picking poking and teasing each other .... but don't let any one else try because your going to catch hell

My husband and his mum are like that. Very much a love hate relationship; not actual hate, but you'd guess so if you didn't know them. She's a pain in the butt most of the time but when it comes to crunch time she always pulls through. I guess that sums up me and my older bro as well.

I don't blame you for what you feel. Just curious, do you want to have children one day? I notice a lot of "only child"s always mention how they'd like to have 2 or more kids once they start making a family.

My thoughts...

I have two brothers and some of my best memories are with them (the older one). I don't have much of a bond with the youngest one because I moved out asap (my mom was crazy controlling of me). I went through many dark times as a child and the thought of hurting myself and leaving my brothers behind stopped me. I couldn't gave a honeysuckle about my mother's feelings at the time...I felt that she didn't care about me. I credit me living to my brothers.

As adults; my brothers and I don't have much in common anymore. Almost every female I know has a sister and they have an amazing sister/ best-friends bond. I wish I had a sister. It's so hard to make friends (my horrible experiences are here: https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=36092) In other forums that I've lamented...I've even had some replies that were like: "Oh, I don't care about making friends because I'm close to my sister and know she'll be there for me forever. :)"

If you don't have friends or a partner; I totally sympathize with how alone you might feel. That's why I mentioned kids...when I'm around my daughter; she fills this hole in my heart. But when I'm away from her or she's sleeping etc...I start to feel very alone without friends. Even having a hubby doesn't fill my need for a "sister" to talk to, confide in, laugh with...sorry to derail your thread!

Somnambulist said:
I wish I had an older sister whose arms I could run into, scream my fears out, and cry my eyes out.

I'm terrified of days to come. I see a dark abyss ahead.

This is so true...
Do you have brothers or any other siblings?
As the oldest one with 2 brothers; I've had to carry such baggage to myself. It really hurts to not have had anyone to talk especially when I was younger and more vulnerable. I know how it feels...(hugs)

Also, I'm saddened for everyone that has lost a sibling...:( Much hugs...

Latest posts

Back