Women and thin guys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
discolemonade said:
All guys of all types, yum<3

Same here. I don't have a single body type that I find attractive, neither do I have specific physical requirements. I just have to be attracted to a man.

I have been attracted to different guys for different reasons. I've dated thin men and bigger men, short guys and tall guys. I am wicked short, even shorter guys probably feel tall around me. lol

SofiasMami said:
Weight doesn't bother me as much as height. I'm a tall drink of water - pushing 6'0" with heels - and I don't like looking down at my man. And I would probably see a slender guy as a potential guinea pig for my adventures in cooking. :)

Teresa

In a thread of mine you said your neighbor is an MMA fighter, well I have a fun experiment for you.
When he's cutting weight, you should tempt him with a bunch of food. It would be cruel and hilarious!

I think this fact of physical attraction lies deep in the evolution theory as well.
Maybe it sounds primitive but there is no big difference between us and the animals. We are looking to reproduct ourselves and react to attributes that seem to be a sign of fertility. Maybe a bigger guy resembles - besides strength - the hunter who is able to provide a family and protect it. Ummm...I don't want to be misunderstood, I just mean that this is also an aspect of physical attraction. Men do look after fertility signs on women as well. Curvy ladies are more successful in getting the attraction of men,...that's what I think actually. ;)
Because I am skinny and short, when I wear my push-up bra, I get more attraction than without. :p LOL

never mind. :)
I think the personality is the most important aspect. I for example love funny guys with a good humor.

bens said:
Am a very skinny guy and plenty of women don't seem to be attracted to it clothes on, then very mildy put off by it clothes off. I agree with the androgny thing but thats cos im into skinny generally cos I feel less threatend I think. Plus I'd def sleep with the guy off Placebo just for the ruck of it. :D

I think anyone with eyes and a woking libido would sleep with that guy just for the fresia of it. :D Some people in this world - all they have to do is stand there with their clothes on, or open their mouth to say anything, and it is pure sex on wheels. He is one of those guys.

For me, at least, these people are generally girly-boys.

Luna said:
Attraction is attraction.
Some will be attracted to you; some will not.
I'd like a 6-foot thin fellow; except I'd probably fatten him up mighty good with a lot of food.
Spread some butter, and then shove him in in the ove-uh...nevermind.

unfortunately that is a problem for us skinny folk. Gaining weight is really tough.

I weigh no more than 125 pounds and could eat as much as a 200 lb weightlifter and not put on any weight. It's kind of a no-win situation.

Also, @ the person who mentioned something about the potential situation in which a guy would have to defend his girlfriend or whatever... really, who just goes up to a random person and grabs their ass? The only type of person I could imagine doing that would a homeless person or a whacked out junkie.

Anyway, I feel for ya OP. I'm in the same boat as you.

Um, I was giving an example to represent my arguement. I never said it
actually happens so...

Undone said:
Luna said:
Attraction is attraction.
Some will be attracted to you; some will not.
I'd like a 6-foot thin fellow; except I'd probably fatten him up mighty good with a lot of food.
Spread some butter, and then shove him in in the ove-uh...nevermind.

unfortunately that is a problem for us skinny folk. Gaining weight is really tough.

I weigh no more than 125 pounds and could eat as much as a 200 lb weightlifter and not put on any weight. It's kind of a no-win situation.

Also, @ the person who mentioned something about the potential situation in which a guy would have to defend his girlfriend or whatever... really, who just goes up to a random person and grabs their ass? The only type of person I could imagine doing that would a homeless person or a whacked out junkie.

Anyway, I feel for ya OP. I'm in the same boat as you.

Undone said:
really, who just goes up to a random person and grabs their ass?

It happens more often than you'd think. This actually happened quite often when I was younger and would go out on the occasional Friday night with friends to bars/ clubs.

Yet another reason that the club scene is trashy. People think that just because you're IN a bar that the rules of common courtesy and decency don't apply. Sure, some of the people there could be termed bar sluts, but that doesn't describe everyone. We'd go to have a few drinks and hear a band, not to hook up with strangers or be groped by ********. People make assumptions though, that since you're there, and have been drinking, that you must be asking to have your tits fondled or your ass grabbed.

It also happened quite a lot on the subway in Seoul when I was in Korea. Stuffed in a crowded car at rush hour sure there are going to be people pressed up against each other, but there is a difference between random bodily contact as people bump into each other and someone probing you purposely.

It's a ******* violation. What the fresia? I am a person, not an object to be groped. I bet if you ask women about their experiences, you'd find that it is more common than you think.

discolemonade said:
Here's what I think, In a relationship, I want to feel protected. If there were a guy that randomly comes up to me and grabs my ass, I would want my partner to beat that guys ass. Women like strong men, but overall, personality matters most to me, and if you are thin and I feel safe with you, it's a win
Yes, however, I wonder.
Where's that line between making her feel safe and overprotecting her? If a guy can be both impolite and chauvinist just because he opened door for her, what all can happen at major things.

I mean, yes, she wants her guy to defend her, but will she then accuse him of being chauvinist because that she can defend herself just as well. Just because I'd help her doesn't mean I don't believe she isn't capable of doing it on her own :S

Don't get it. At all!

Matej said:
Where's that line between making her feel safe and overprotecting her? If a guy can be both impolite and chauvinist just because he opened door for her, what all can happen at major things.

You are assuming that all women are going to think that a man who is polite and courteous is a chauvinist. That's ridiculous. I always appreciate it when someone holds open a door for me. I do it for other people, myself. It is an act of courtesy.

Matej said:
I mean, yes, she wants her guy to defend her, but will she then accuse him of being chauvinist because that she can defend herself just as well. Just because I'd help her doesn't mean I don't believe she isn't capable of doing it on her own :S

Don't get it. At all!

I will always welcome it if someone is willing to step in and defend me when I seem incapable of defending myself, like when someone is physically overpowering me.

In other battles, I am totally able to take care of myself, and although I don't need the help, that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the intent.

What bothers me is when someone tries to do things for me and by doing so, oversteps his bounds and asserts his will over every last thing. That is paternalistic and condescending.

No, I'm not assuming that, but I see where that came from. I have to learn how to express my thoughts one of these days. I'm sorry, didn't mean it that way. Some do think so, and some don't. I guess, if you spend some time with that person you should actually be able to figure out how to act around them. Stupid me. Though, a few are an enigma.

Thanks for the answers! :)

Matej said:
No, I'm not assuming that, but I see where that came from. I have to learn how to express my thoughts one of these days. I'm sorry, didn't mean it that way.

No prob. :) I do hear that all the time as a sweeping indictment of feminists. As a feminist myself, I have to say that it is a special type of feminist who is going to do that. I do know some women who are that way - they absolutely refuse to acknowledge any decent act from a man just because it's from a man. *sigh*

People need to grow the fresia up.

Matej said:
I guess, if you spend some time with that person you should actually be able to figure out how to act around them.

You'd think so, but it is not always that easy! lol :D

tehdreamer said:
Mostly I assume thin guys wouldn't be interested in me because I'm not thin. But, I don't have a preference when it comes to thin or heavy guys. Doesn't really matter to me either way.

Interesting.

I am a thin guy and in my life I have been attracted to less thin girl. Although definately not fat. And I know some non-thin girls who are attracted to thin guys, even though they think they are not. And I have seen a thin guy and fat girl together, made me wonder if this was just out of desperation or was there something more.

Rules don't really apply here. Sometimes we think we know our preferrence but end up hooking up with the complete opposite. Its natural selection, I guess. One side completes the other, people sometimes unconciously seek out partner that looks like how they want to be. You can't really explain it.

Well said CTF, everything :)

also, I get grabbed at a lot in my school. I'm legit the oldest senior and I have an ass. Underclassmen think it's okay to spank and grab at me because I get pissed about it, and they want a reaction. I dress modestly and have an opinion, which makes me
different from all the other girls in my school. I can't tell you how many guys I've knocked the fresia out. If I had a partner, I'd want them to do SOMETHING, I want a break.

That is all. Kaythanksbye.

Thanks for saying that thing about sweeping generalizations about feminists, cheaptrickfan. I am also a feminist and never mind my boyfriend or anyone holding a door open for me. Although I also hold doors open for other people as well, sometimes men. XD It's just an act of courtesy in my opinion, but one that I don't necessarily rely on or expect from someone.

Anyway . . . . .

I really don't care about looks when it comes to someone that I date, so I don't know why a girl would reject a guy because he was on the skinny side. I mean, I guess everyone has their preferences, but something that frightens me about the idea actually of a guy fighting another guy over something to do with me is that it causes too much drama. >_< And it might mean my boyfriend could get hurt. And I want to protect any guy I date as much as they might want to protect me. I don't want to cause any boyfriend I have to get a bloody nose or black eye.

I've never experienced the situation where some stranger just randomly grabbed my butt, but if anyone was ever insistent on touching me or physically overpowering me in some way, I do hope my boyfriend would step in because I would step in if he was faced with the same situation.

I'm just not attracted to guys who would start fights like that, especially over nothing or who are the jealous type. I'd rather them just not make scenes and stuff and not risk themselves getting hurt, so I don't see a lot of need for a boyfriend to have muscles. Not that I'd complain if I had one with muscles.

I also tend to be attracted to nerdy men because I'm a nerd myself and they tend to either be on the chubby side or the skinny side and that never bothers me.

And just so you know, a lot of girls actually PREFER thin men, so don't feel bad about it. =) Every girl is an individual and no guy is attractive to every girl, you just need to find the ones that like you how you are.

discolemonade said:
Well said CTF, everything :)

also, I get grabbed at a lot in my school. I'm legit the oldest senior and I have an ass. Underclassmen think it's okay to spank and grab at me because I get pissed about it, and they want a reaction.

See? That enrages me, that people think it is ok to lay one's hands on me or another woman in a familiar way, mostly because we are women.

Enchanted Girl said:
Thanks for saying that thing about sweeping generalizations about feminists, cheaptrickfan. I am also a feminist and never mind my boyfriend or anyone holding a door open for me. Although I also hold doors open for other people as well, sometimes men. XD It's just an act of courtesy in my opinion, but one that I don't necessarily rely on or expect from someone.

I never expect it either, but I do appreciate it when it happens. :)

Enchanted Girl said:
I'm just not attracted to guys who would start fights like that, especially over nothing or who are the jealous type. I'd rather them just not make scenes and stuff and not risk themselves getting hurt, so I don't see a lot of need for a boyfriend to have muscles.

It's not so much the muscles as the attitude, but yeah, the type of guy who is always going to start fights over honeysuckle mostly because he is jealous or possessive gets old pretty fast.

Enchanted Girl said:
And just so you know, a lot of girls actually PREFER thin men, so don't feel bad about it. =) Every girl is an individual and no guy is attractive to every girl, you just need to find the ones that like you how you are.

Well said. :)

Latest posts

Back