Work compared to the rest of the world.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilTrix1

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has/is experiencing what I am.. Do you act differently while at work compared to outside of work, or do you act the same?

It seems like the only time I actually give a crap about what I'm doing is at work; it's been beneficial for my career, but as soon as I step out of the office, as it were, everything just goes downhill.

It's as though I'm living two lives, outgoing and sensible at work, then once I'm out I could care less about whatever happened earlier in the day, or anything else for that matter, don't feel like going out that often afterwards; miserable and irritable right off the bat.

People love me at work, but outside of work I lose all my enthusiasm/tentativeness to whatever I'm doing. One of the few who actually enjoy work I suppose..

Yuppers. I'm very professional and very well spoken, bubbly, polite, but as soon as I get in my car and leave, it's "fresia the world and make me president".

I think most people tend to switch the way they behave in different situations. There's that very small group of people who would actually behave the same wherever they are. I'm more professional at work but outside of work I'm the normally odd, laid back girl.

I am not working for health reasons, but I definitely do have a different 'persona' for different situations. Sometimes I think this adds to my loneliness as being real is so hard. I can see, though, that the work place does demand that people often wear a proffesional mask.

I wish I can apply a lot of things from work with my personal life.
Cuase i always got things my way more often during work than my personal life.

To some exstant my job gave me statisfactions..but it got too stressful after a while.

Once upon a time I was a workalholic.
I just worked 12-14 p day and didnt really want to deal with other personal
problems or issues I had. I was getting paid to escape.

Sometimes I had too much responsiblities and I actaully hated bossing people around.
It was a role or a hat I had to wear during the day. Im professional but rather
have a layback enviornement to work it..you're more productive this way.
I used to scrible "dude" or make those stupid ass signature like important
people do. Nothing got done unless I signed it off...It was rediculous.
Becuase everything falls back on me or Im responsible for other people fresia ups.hahahaa

I also used to scrible out "manager" on all my bussiness cards.lmao
For me the title didnt matter. it just ment more work, bullshit i had
to put up with or clean up. Fucken a Janitor or a clown would had been the same...
Juggling...juggling...i was a juggling multitasking fool.lmao

I definitely had to shift gears when I got home from work..especially when
I was rasing Tiffany and Kelsie. Tried to boss two little girls around??? U have got to be kidding.lmao
"I love you, daddy" was worth more than any pay check i made.

With only 3 Months of Work EXP behind me, it's hard to accurately judge myself. I'd say that I am the same person at work. But I am a little more toned.

it is normal to behave differently at work and out of work. For starters, most people do not want to be at work LOL... but I'm one of those weird ones, that, I do behave pretty much the same at work as outside of work. Except, at work, you dont' really get a choice who you spend time with, unlike at home....

LilTrix1 said:
Just curious if anyone else has/is experiencing what I am.. Do you act differently while at work compared to outside of work, or do you act the same?

It seems like the only time I actually give a crap about what I'm doing is at work; it's been beneficial for my career, but as soon as I step out of the office, as it were, everything just goes downhill.

It's as though I'm living two lives, outgoing and sensible at work, then once I'm out I could care less about whatever happened earlier in the day, or anything else for that matter, don't feel like going out that often afterwards; miserable and irritable right off the bat.

People love me at work, but outside of work I lose all my enthusiasm/tentativeness to whatever I'm doing. One of the few who actually enjoy work I suppose..

Know this one all to well. My job requires me to be very charming and likable as I work with youth offenders; but as soon as I leave work I turn back into me keeping people at arms length and being generally miserable.

It's a kind of hell.

I'm much more sociable at work. I'll chat with customers as long as they want to carry on a conversation. As soon as I leave though and run into them outside of work I'm my regular anti social self. I might say "Hi" but that's about it. If they stop me and want to carry on a conversation I become nervous and anxious.

Somewhat, but its not extremely significant. I try to be focused and dedicated at work, as well as outside of work. Ironically, sometimes I think that I'm more dedicated outside of work, because it has more personal interest to me. Work requires me to be technical and somewhat social; I'm a bit less so outside of work, I think.

Latest posts

Back