Would you date a man who had a child?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
angel_in_view said:
- I did a search 4 this, but couldn't find a thread. I just wanted honest opinions on this topic bc a friend & I have been talking about this 4 a couple of wks. Is there anyone on here who is dating or has dated a man w/at least 1 child? If so, was it a good/bad experience?

I just feel so sorry 4 my friend. She is a really good person but has never had a serious relationship. For the longest, she had "dating rules" & the main 1 was "NO KIDS." Well, after yrs of not finding anyone decent 2 date, she let go of that rule & said she'd date a guy w/kids BUT he had to have custody of them bc if it ended up working out, she didn't want 2 see child support going out bc a lot of times, the mom uses it for her own luxuries. Well, she's seeing a guy who has a 13 yr. old. He has custody of her. My friend told me the other day she didn't think to factor in the issue of being in second place instead of first. The guy's child is 1st place(as she should be) & my friend is having real issues w/that. She said she's not used to a guy having to "find a sitter" or not being able to just plan an impromptu dinner date like she can. She has no kids and can come and go as she pleases. I've tried to explain to her that its different bc not only does he have a child, she's LIVING with him. My friend is very frustrated & is ready to drop him. She's ready to just go back to the NO KID whatsoever rule bc she said she simply can't compete w/the kid.

What about a man dating a woman with kids? That is a more likely scenario the way the courts have a greater propensity to award custody of the kids to the mother.

Latest posts

Back