You know things are bad when.......

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyInAtl

Reaction score
...you go to a Meetup with a "Mingling" group to a movie. The ONLY seat left in the theater is next to you. The usher points out the empty seat to a single lady. She walks over and she says "no thanks, I'll try the other theater". (They were showing the movie for the meetup on two screens)

I know what you mean. I really do not think I am an unattractive guy but there must be some sort of stink to me or something.

For your case, it may just be that she was uncomfortable around strangers and not just you. At least that is what I would tell my self in that situation.

Being a woman I would not feel comfortable sitting next to a man who is a stranger in a dark theater. I believe it had nothing to do with you personally.

I agree with swanlake that it was probably nothing personal. It was either that she was uncomfortable about sitting next to an unknown man in a dark theatre, or maybe she noticed you were with a group and would have felt too awkward about sitting with a group of people she didn;t know, espcially with her being alone.

lol the stranger excuse. I love that one that women use. Why don't women just say it like it is? They don't want their social status to be hurt by having the guy be a loser next to them.

Oh yes, thats it, just assume and judge away! Never mind the fact that (way more often then men) women are victims of violence, for all we know this woman in question has been assaulted before and has her own issues going on. Plus we grow up being warned and told horror stories in hopes to help keep us safe. My dad literally would say things like "I dont want you going out, I dont want to find you raped and dead in a ditch!" Its ingrained in us that men are out to get us, and really, there is a % of men who are!

To the OP try to not take it personally, chances are high it wasnt about you.

Would you sit in a theater that is at full capacity, when you know that there is another theater that is less crowded available? Most people wouldn't.

It was probably nothing to do with you.

I wonder if she was there for the meetup or just happened to come to the theater not knowing. Cause if he knew it was the meetup and that was what she came for, then not wanting to sit near someone is strange.

Yes, rejections hurts.
Yes, ive read ...learn how not internalize renections.

The truth of the mstter is....the degree of hurt
I feel depends on how big her titays are and
how nice her ass is...

Sorry dude, i been in places where theres
Planty of empty avaiable seats and chicks
Would park their asses right next to me.
And i dont honeysuckle ike that personal either.

AFrozenSoul said:
lol the stranger excuse. I love that one that women use. Why don't women just say it like it is? They don't want their social status to be hurt by having the guy be a loser next to them.

This is absolutely true for a lot of women (and men) in college/university settings, and in nightclub/university party settings. Doens't stop me from having fun though, but makes me want to kick peoples faces in sometimes

passage said:
AFrozenSoul said:

This is absolutely true for a lot of women (and men) in college/university settings, and in nightclub/university party settings. Doens't stop me from having fun though, but makes me want to kick peoples faces in sometimes

Errrr.....do you actually really give a rats ass
What social status chicks have?

You can tell the ladies whatever tbe fresia they
Wanna hear so you don't look like a ****** bag....but honestly

Honestly....ive been on the giving end of rejection.
As a mattef of fact some chick wanted to getl
Friendly with my ass.

I just kept on walking. Wasnt trying to be mean.
But my spons was short and snappy.
Didn't analyze it at that moment.

I had other stuff on my mind.
Mainly my woman.
Something about not settling or when
You have/had the best...or cream of crop you
Kindda come off as arrogant to some people.

The thing of it is...if have/had beautiful women
Asked you out and have/had intimatecy relationships
with drop dead gorgeous all your life.....

Its easier to take rejections or let it roll off of ya.
Even if the prettiest babe rejects me...its just
Easier.

On the flip side.....if my woman rejeclts me.
Its on a complete differnt level than getting
rejected by a stranger.
Youll feel bad bad bad like life aint worth living
Just the same.

The thing of it is...if have/had beautiful women
Asked you out and have/had intimatecy relationships
with drop dead gorgeous all your life.....

Its easier to take rejections or let it roll off of ya.
Even if the prettiest babe rejects me...its just
Easier.

On the flip side.....if my woman rejeclts me.
Its on a complete differnt level than getting
rejected by a stranger.
Youll feel bad bad bad like life aint worth living
Just the same.

I sense this air of avoidance as well in places I go. You can't exactly be sure that you were the problem, but in more direct circumstances it can be rather damaging to self-confidence. :(

Latest posts

Back