You know you're getting old when

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've definitely had this feeling more and more these last several years.

It used to be that a lot of the popular music, I would think "it's not for me", but it was still recognizable as music to me. But the last few summers, whenever I passed by any kids in the road or at parks, they were almost all listening to mumble rap, or "drill" or whatever it is. And I just don't get the appeal at all. It's not for me, AND I don't get how people think it's interesting and cool to listen to. It's like, "this is music now....????"

That's when I started to feel old, like I wasn't with "it" anymore (not that I ever really was in the first place - I've always been a late bloomer because I was always trying to hold on to the previous phase of life where I was happier).

gosh, i think i get what you mean. I look to see who Doja Cat was and tried listening to her music but the feeling I get was nope, nope! I'd rather listen to Rihanna or even Nicki Minaj if I was given no choice at all.

I think i get to be that old fart now that complains how good music is dead and tell folks to get off my lawn.

gosh, i think i get what you mean. I look to see who Doja Cat was and tried listening to her music but the feeling I get was nope, nope! I'd rather listen to Rihanna or even Nicki Minaj if I was given no choice at all.

I think i get to be that old fart now that complains how good music is dead and tell folks to get off my lawn.

Haha. Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying. That reminds me of how, though I know I've said this before, I've honestly tried to listen to Post Malone's hit songs, knowing that it probably wasn't going to be for me, but still just to understand what it is...and I couldn't get through them. I thought to myself...I honestly don't see how this is considered that good, let alone so groundbreakingly awesome that this guy should be crowned a mega-star. I feel like at best, he should be YouTube-famous or a one-hit wonder, or just another one of many artists out there, not the voice of a generation. He should be one of those artists that becomes a meme for a little while, and once the joke is played out, that's it. I mean, I see how they are coherently crafted songs, like he knows how to put a song together, make melodies and hooks and write lyrics, but I didn't find it interesting musically, and most of the time he isn't actually saying anything besides "I'm famous, and I have a lot of money" and "celebrities/rich people have problems too". I'm like, OK, good for you I guess, but that doesn't do anything for me, emotionally. I don't identify with his type of person or worldview, and I don't care about his money or his problems. I didn't find any of it stimulating or entertaining, fun or cool, or feel any kind of energy from it. It made me kind of drowsy and dopey, to tell you the truth. Jokes aside I don't actually hate the guy, I just think he's way overrated.

Rihanna, is one of those where she may not be my style, but I can understand how she has a good singing voice, and I can understand how people would like her.

Nicki Minaj's music however, feels like it kills brain cells. If music were food, it would be empty calories, it would make your mind flabby and obese. There are some musicians that I remain ignorant of on purpose, like I haven't even listened to a single Doja Cat song. And I made it a long time without hearing anything by Justin Bieber as well.

Anyway, I have plenty of the old stuff to keep me occupied, I haven't even listened to everything by all of the old bands I find interesting. So I'll be busy with that for a good while...I don't have to keep up with what's new, to keep discovering things.

Last edited:
When a candy bar costs more then a **** dollar!

I remember when I was back in high school, and a bottle of soda from the vending machine was a dollar. Before I left, it started to go up to $1.25. I haven't looked in years, and I guess it doesn't matter because you shouldn't be drinking that much soda anyway because it's not healthy, but still, I don't even want to know how much it's gone up today.

You can count the times you've morphed into a different person r/t how many mistakes you've learned from; and you watch others changing also. Mistakes are good things, you finally realize... you learned something new!

It's an interesting ride-this life. So much to learn, so many insights; particularly the ones you see within yourself as you grow. We are all (well most of us?) growing as we turn another decade older.....and yet? There is still the wonder and awe of a wee child within-- that'd be me.

You lose your place in a book and look for it somewhere in the woods...and you've no idea what the heel you're looking for anyways? Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 4.46.47 PM.png Until you finally see it... a mousse! Yup, you were hunkering for a nice chocolate mousse... like the person in the book you were reading was.....................;)

I laugh when I get ID'd for cigarettes. I know it's policy, but it's still funny that I'm probably older than their dad. But I digress. When you've had to use an actual outhouse, rotary phone, and Pong was your first video game.

You believe you're all dressed up and ready to go. But, you look like this:

iu

Latest posts

Back