Your current favourite album thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larsen B said:
Tell us what album you're really lovin at the moment. And tell us why too :)

I'm lovin The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground, at the moment.

It's such a chilled album when you're in the mood for it. And i don't really need to say much more than that really, it's great. It creates quite a special atmosphere i think

Here's I'm Set Free off the album

Nice one! That is probably the best Velvet Underground album created IMO.

I never have any favorites to be honest. I listen to music that coincides with the mood i'm currently having.

Antihero said:
Either the Blue Album or Pinkerton would be a great place to start.

Have the Blue Album playing now :)

Siegel Schwall Band - The Wooden Nickel Years

Minus said:
Antihero said:
Either the Blue Album or Pinkerton would be a great place to start.

Have the Blue Album playing now :)

Yeah, out of the two I would say Blue is the best place to start. Pinkerton is great, but it took me a few listens to get into it (Thus why is was not the commercial success the blue album was).

Fleet-Foxes-Fleet-Foxes-433078.jpg

One of the best albums released this year. Nice melodies.

first off *high fives AntiHero for mentioning muse. MUSE ROCKS!*

second, my album of choice is {Bright Eyes - lifted....}
i remember being way to punk in school to consider emo, but this is a beautiful album, i keep getting stuck on the really sad songs, and pull myself out with the upbeat, sometimes almost folky ones. its an emotional roller coster of an album and i can put it down. from the top of a mountain I LOVE BRIGHT EYES!!!!
<----"False Advertisment"
<----"Lets Not honeysuckle Ourselves [To Love and Be Loved]"

my two faves from this album.

I just "acquired" the Modest Mouse album This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About,I wouldn't say it is my favorite album but it is pretty good, very reminiscent of the lonesome crowded west, and there are a couple really good songs on there like Tundra/Desert, don't know what it is but I like the craziness of it all...

NeverMore said:
I just "acquired" the Modest Mouse album This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About,I wouldn't say it is my favorite album but it is pretty good, very reminiscent of the lonesome crowded west, and there are a couple really good songs on there like Tundra/Desert, don't know what it is but I like the craziness of it all...

Both of those albums are really good IMO. If you haven't already, check out "The Moon and Antarctica" and you will be witness to the full richness and greatness of Modest Mouse.

NeverMore said:

hells yea! my girlfriend just let me borrow that album and id say its the best modest mouse album everrrrrrrr!
anyone heard of thursday? side project alert
check out United Nations
http://www.myspace.com/unitednations

Electronics, Performer [Samples, Beats], Drums, Guitar, Bass - Masami Akita
Voice [Screams], Guitar, Violin, Synthesizer [Casio], Percussion - Maso Yamazaki
Voice, Vocals, Bass, Tape, Performer [Toy] - Zev Asher

eb2aky.jpg

Flying Testicle was an early 90's noise supergroup consisting of Masami Akita, Yamazaki Maso and Zev Asher. The group put out two releases before disbanding.

"Whenever I need to ``get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!"

~Jack Handey

DayvanCowboy said:
NeverMore said:

Both of those albums are really good IMO. If you haven't already, check out "The Moon and Antarctica" and you will be witness to the full richness and greatness of Modest Mouse.

I just did last night, The Moon and Antarctica is a great album the instrumentals seem at a higher quality then the rest of their albums, mybe because it seems more somber, and the lyrics are also a lot more meaningful, thanks for that recommendation cowboy:)

DayvanCowboy said:
Fleet-Foxes-Fleet-Foxes-433078.jpg

One of the best albums released this year. Nice melodies.

Nice. I just heard a track from this album and will check it out further. You wouldn't be a boards of canada fan, would you?

Latest posts

Back