Your Favorite Game of All Time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My "favorite game of all time", I can't help but feel like it's ever changing. Time changes your passion but if I had to guess, It'd probably be between Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts, and Zelda : Ocarina of Time (hah, no pun intended). Halo 1-3 very closely following. ARGGH I CANT MAKE UP MY MIND. :p

System Shock 2 -

Chilling enemies (I still remember shuddering after hearing a cyborg midwife screech "I'll tear out your spiiiiiiine." at me at 3am), creepy setting and some really cool characters. Marie Delacroix? Captain Diego? Badasses.

Then you got the bad guys. SHODAN is one of the best villains ever, and The Many took the standard idea of a weird alien hive mind type of being and made it really terrifying.

Even though the graphics are dated now, every time I replay it feels fresh even decades after release. The hacking, the weird and wonderful classes (Psi-Ops? Still find that a mystery)...neat stuff.

Deus Ex -

Similar to Shock 2, actually. Good story laden with a ridiculous number of conspiracies, memorable characters and some sweet plot twists. On top of that it felt really unique and ambitious.

I find games nowadays (God I sound like an old man!) all just seem to be variations of "Call of the Battlefield: Modern Shooting at People Again and Again". When SS2 and DE came out, it felt like the boundaries were really getting pushed.

Europa Universalis IV is definitely becoming my favourite RTS of all time. So much that can go wrong.

Of all time, maybe Trespasser. Jurassic Park...site B, alone with raptors biting at your heals. It's more than 15 years old but I still play occasionally.

For modern games, Mafia II. Large, fascinating environment. Great cars. An era I can relate to. And I get to kick butt whenever I want.

Tomb Raider (the new one), The island is in chaos. I thrive in chaos. When the rules are dropped I have no trouble adapting.

If you want to go WAY back...Intelevision - Dungeons and Dragons. When video gaming was new it was much more magical.

Life Is Strange, La Noire, Heavy Rain, Mafia 2, Red Dead Redemption 2 or the Uncharted series.
I realise that's more than one, but I just couldn't choose:)

There are so many, and this may not be my favourite, but it's definitely not mentioned often enough.

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call (aka Nocturne or SMT3) is the best Japanese RPG I've played and one of my favourite games of all time. Why? It's a creature-collecting game in which the apocalypse happens and you're left exploring the Vortex World, a transformation of Tokyo into a sort of limbo, where other survivors and demons are attempting to reach Kagutsuchi (the sort of god/source of power/whatever) in order to create the world in their image. The game isn't heavy on story though. It's mostly about moving between places, convincing demons (designed after creatures from all sorts of different mythologies and religions) to join you, fusing them together, creating a strong party... the battle system is difficult to explain but has a lot of depth.

Oh, and you get to recruit Dante from Devil May Cry.

Final Fantasy VII.
I know that entire game like the back of my hand.

Age of Empires III
Timesplitters II
Gran Turismo III
Pokemon Yellow

Shenmue, Shenmue2, Final Fantasy VII, Assassins Creed - various but not the piratey one, that was poop

Like alot of folks here - i can't just pick one.
- Gta San Andreas,
- Resident Evil 4,
- Metal Gear Solid 3,
- Splinter Cell Double Agent,
- Hitman Contracts.

To be honest, my current favorite game is To The Moon, as you can likely tell haha. I played it with a friend, and we both cried like babies. As my friend said, "There is only one word to describe 'To The Moon': magical."

Besides that, I've always been particularly fond of the Bioshock and Borderlands series. Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill 2 was dope too. Probably more, but those are all I can think of.

I have many.

Unreal tournament 99.
Half life
Silent hill 2
Heroes of might and magic 3 complete edition
command and conquer Tiberian sun
doom 1,2
Elder scrolls morrowind is becoming my favorite elder scrolls game
Dawn of war
Age of empires 2
Dark souls
Earth worm jim 2
X-men clone wars

Europa Universalis IV is definitely crawling it's way up there in to my favourites. Definitely blows anything like the Total War series or Age of Empires out of the water for me personally.

tsar said:
I have many.

Unreal tournament 99.
Half life
Silent hill 2
Heroes of might and magic 3 complete edition
command and conquer Tiberian sun
doom 1,2
Elder scrolls morrowind is becoming my favorite elder scrolls game
Dawn of war
Age of empires 2
Dark souls
Earth worm jim 2
X-men clone wars
The Half-Life series was absolutely fantastic.  Still holding out for Half-Life 3. . .

Latest posts

Back