Your favourite stereotype

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van Hooligan X

Reaction score
On your laptop/computer screen apparently.
post here what u find to be your fav
for example you could say emo, because you lul at the fact that goth is nothing like emo but ppl fit them in the same pea pod.

mines probably alittle hard to understand but mine would be the black english community
imma gunna have to explain why:

whilst playing gow2 i noticed that my team had mics, and since we were 3-1 ahead on execution river, i thought that turning my mic volume may help me listen to them if they are using any type of strategy....UNFORTUNATLY i was completly wrong and it was 2 americans talking utter BS...now i know there are many loud-mouth gamers on the 360 but...what 1 of them said just made me laugh.

'hey hey hey...i just thought of the perfectly weird person'
'oh what'
'a english black person!!!!'
[enter 7 year old girl chuckling for about 5 seconds here]
'oh my god that would be so funny'

this is when i came in and said
'you realise that england has a lot of black people in it right?'
unfortunatly thats when we won the match and i gave up on finding a challenge on gow2 as well.

anyway now thta i think about it, i find this stereotype the funniest because a few people don't believe this stereotype doesn't even exist.

okay whats yours :p

The band-geek stereotype makes me laugh. You'll never find a more diverse collection of people, yet everyone who played in the band during school or in subsequent years (this includes me on both counts) are widely considered band-geeks. I even know a woodwind player whose own HUSBAND thinks she's a band-geek! Ha!

I'm in marching band. I've never heard comments about us but I don't think they're positive. Its kind of embarrassing thinking about it and I'll have to march in front of everyone next year (>.<). I honestyly don't even know what a band geek is.....

toba122 said:
I'm in marching band. I've never heard comments about us but I don't think they're positive. Its kind of embarrassing thinking about it and I'll have to march in front of everyone next year (>.<). I honestyly don't even know what a band geek is.....

Don't worry about it for a minute. Despite what I said earlier, the band-geek stigma evaporates quite a bit after high school. When you're in high school, only the pimpily losers, whether they're pimpily or not, play in the band. After you graduate, if you stick with your music, you're no longer a pimpily loser but a musician. Musicians aren't losers at all; they're talented and interesting people.

So don't be afraid to march in the band. In the long run you'll be glad you did!

toba122 said:

People who do nothing but hang out with the band/music department. Don't worry about it... I was a choir nerd. :>

toba122 said:

I like it being a band geek....Guitar player gose through more G strings:)
Btw...that's the stereo type, Van

I took music since i was in second grade. Yeap marching band in Middle school of HS. My first instrument was the flute , then I
transfered to a sexiphone, then to the six string.

I like it the flag girls :p

while stereotypes usually... on the whole... have some bit of truth to them (people would have never applied them if they didnt) i find it utterly ridiculous to have a pre-notioned thought to someone.

My favorite would have to be the gamer, I think it holds more truth to it than just about any other stereotype, but at the same time... I'm a gamer... and I feel as though I live a relatively rich, active, and interesting lifestyle... i just happen to be a gamer as well.

Latest posts

Back