Youth, Childhood, Growing up.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cereal

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone else on here just really wish they could go back in time to those days where they were care free, innocent, and possibly happy. I know people have different experiences in youth and sometimes bad ones, but for me I was actually very happy - and today I just feel down about the whole thing.

Why are my most treasured memories all in my childhood, I was so careless back then but now that I've grown up I just can't stop thinking, about every god **** thing. It seems like the only time I'm ever going to get some peace is when I'm asleep.

Well, cheers for any responses I might get.

~ Cereal.

Cereal said:
I know people have different experiences in youth and sometimes bad ones, but for me I was actually very happy - and today I just feel down about the whole thing.

~ Cereal.

I wouldn't want to go back. Maybe to when I was older...18 perhaps. But no, not childhood.

:)Im glad that you have fond memories though.

I treasure my childhood, and I see it as a Golden Age of Memories... but that's all they are; memories.

I can remember the blessed past, yes, but I'm more intent on making my future memorable.

i dont want to redo the whole thing but there are certain things that i didnt do that i now wish i would have done.

I do miss the carefree...ness...carefreeness (hello red squiggly line) that came with childhood. Granted there are things that I would do differently with the wealth of knowledge I've acquired over the years which could possibly make a lot of differences...but I'd definitely go back.

Cereal said:
Hey guys, does anyone else on here just really wish they could go back in time to those days where they were care free, innocent, and possibly happy.

In some ways, yes. Life is so much simpler when you're young. Once you go through puberty, life gets sooooo much more complicated!

Cereal said:
I was so careless back then but now that I've grown up I just can't stop thinking, about every god **** thing.

I know how you feel. I'm a very intense thinker too - I think about everything extremely deeply. Maybe this is a good thing, I don't know.

The innocence and carefreeness of childhood is certainly very appealing, but I think overall I'm glad that I've matured and can now experience a much broader scope of the feelings, thoughts and emotions that make us human.

I think the last thing i would want to do is to go back to the stress, problems and helplessness of childhood.

Honestly speaking.... I do. There were definitely things I missed when I was a child. I'd probably be going back to the days when my dad was really hot tempered and abused my brothers and me but there are certainly lots of things I'd change.

i miss those days too but i don't know if i would go back to them?

I feel like I can experience so much more now, as an adult. Even if that does come at the cost of countless worries, stress, and things, I think its worth it.

Well I think what I was trying to say when I made this thread was, I wish some of those aspects didn't fade as we reach adulthood. I wish I could walk into a room packed full of strangers and only focus on myself and my own concerns without the constant worry of what I think those around me are capable of. I wish I could make friends without the fear of them stabbing me in the back or using me as a comfort blanket whenever they are down. It's possible these things happen in childhood but not on the scale they do now.

Take these "So and so's got talent" shows for example on television:
Most decent hearted people wouldn't even think of taking the piss out of a fourteen year old, but let them age for another four years and it's completely fine, why is that?

my first six years of my life were the happiest. i wish i could go back to when i was five years old and live there forever. my parents were happy and together. we lived in a great house in a great neighborhood. i wasn't enrolled in school. i had good friends. i was fed and well taken care of. i didn't know all the evils of the earth that i know now. i wasn't bound like i am now. i was really happy.

ahh, what i wouldn't give to go back for even a day...

I remember quite a lot of my life. I have flashes left in my head from when I was in my crib, and quite a few memories before I started school at 5. My long term memory is great, it's the short term that's not too keen lol.

My childhood was fairly better than my current situation. Memories are nice, but the day time travel is commercialized, I'm gonna go back and make a change or three. :D

The year I turned 11 was the worst year of my life. My momma dressed me funny and otherwise ignored me or degraded me while she sat in a bar all day with her 21 year old boyfriend . I once told my dad how miserable I was, and he told me that 11,12, and 13 should be the best years of my life. I thought to myself, "my god, this is as good as it gets ?" If I would have had access to a gun I would have killed myself.

But 16-19 were pretty sweet. It would be nice to go back to that.

Nah. I would like to go forward instead.

In fact it's a torture going back to the past.

Latest posts

Back