Can't give rep anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has left. Some members are deleting reputation points they've given out. So if you're missing some now, that's probably the reason why.

TheSkaFish said:
Whoever stole my reps, give them back! I'll beat you with a block of cheese.

Seriously, it's a big block of cheese.

That's frightening. Very. o_O

^LOL, This is pure insanity now!

If the reps thing is such an issue, why not just get rid of it completely?

Personally, I could care less if someone has 1000 reps from the same person. Maybe we should do a poll and see how many people are really bothered by it.

I liked the reps option because I could let someone know their post was great without replying in the thread. It also brightened up my day when I saw that I had gotten one because something I wrote. Like awesome, maybe what I say isn't complete garbage after all.

Either way, this is not my forum so I will have to respect the choices of the ones who control it.

VanillaCreme said:
No one has left. Some members are deleting reputation points they've given out. So if you're missing some now, that's probably the reason why.

That's hard to credit. So, someone likes what I said three weeks ago, but now they don't like what I said three weeks ago? It's an odd behavior. I mean, my panties aren't in a bunch over it, it's just odd.

Sometimes said:
VanillaCreme said:

That's hard to credit. So, someone likes what I said three weeks ago, but now they don't like what I said three weeks ago? It's an odd behavior. I mean, my panties aren't in a bunch over it, it's just odd.

Yeah, I don't get it either. It wasn't the moderators removing anything. So, we can't answer why certain people decided to delete the reps they gave out. The only proper answer would come from them.

Sometimes said:
... So, someone likes what I said three weeks ago, but now they don't like what I said three weeks ago?..

That is pretty common. The timing often seems to be connected with disapproval over something said later. Whether that is the motivation, I couldn't say. As Vanilla said, only the person doing it could say why.

I find it somewhat sad that we all have to suffer for the actions of a few. Would've made more sense to me to punish those that are doing the wrong than to punish everybody else as well.

I enjoyed giving out reps for posts to make others feel good. I'm sorry that some people thought it was a game for their own amusement. Sometimes I just want to spread a little light and happiness to others and there were some days where I was giving to the limit of the reps and felt frustrated that I couldn't give more. The reps I gave were never frivolously given though.

When I gave, it was all to make others feel special, happy and noticed. So many people here feel ignored and shunted to the side in real life.

Sadly…

that's not how everyone saw or used it apparently…but, I suppose…that's to be expected. Human nature and all of that. Feel a little dissapointed in others and sad.

I'll get over it…

I hope…that people will use the new format more responsibly. That they will use it as a tool to be kind to others and to help them see their redeeming qualities, and make people who usually feel invisible, noticed. After all, reputations function essentially as a social tool. I would advise…or….hope that others use it with kindness and thoughtfulness rather than play number games with it.

ardour said:
HoodedMonk said:
ardour said:
Solivagant...

Was wondering who it was. Hope she's okay.

still here, she deleted reps for me at a least.

Yeah, mine are gone too from her. I thought someone had left. Try not to worry about it too much though, okay? It doesn't seem like it was a personal thing. Reps come and go all the time.

You'll get new ones eventually, as will I.

VanillaCreme said:
HoodedMonk said:
You'll get new ones eventually, as will I.

Reputation points are currently disabled.

From what I can see, they're disabled for posts, yes.

But we can still give one rep to a member each, like how it used to be a few years ago.

Explanation

Reason of rep points were given was explained by those of us accused of breaking rules and abuse to the Moderaters much time ago.

Explanation was not believed.

Reason rep points given. Very easy in one word........... FRIENDSHIP.

Raven22 said:
Very easy in one word........... FRIENDSHIP.

That's the downside of it. Reputation should be given based on whether the post warranted it in being particularly funny or having well articulated points, not just if they happened to agree or like the person. Everyone is probably a guilty of that though.

Raven22 said:
Explanation

Reason of rep points were given was explained by those of us accused of breaking rules and abuse to the Moderaters much time ago.

Explanation was not believed.

Reason rep points given. Very easy in one word........... FRIENDSHIP.

Reason why; because your stories kept changing. Hard to believe anything anyone says when the reason and story keeps changing to make excuses for your behavior instead of just coming right out with it from the beginning. Also, after something was mentioned the first time you all continued to do it and glorify your abusive actions of the system. Once the post repping was turned off then all your "explanations" came out and grew from there. None of you ever once apologized for it or to the rest of the forum who have to suffer from your actions. Instead you gave excuses which have just added. Makes it very hard to believe people when all they do is make excuses and add to them growing their story.

The staff of this forum have always been forced to adjust the rep system because of others actions, hence why no one can give negative or neutral reps. That was done because of peoples actions with the system, but no one has ever abused it in such a way and bragged over it, or continued to do so with disregard for the forum and it's other members. Once again forcing the staff into taking actions to prevent such abuse of the rep system again just as in the past.

Sci-Fi said:
None of you ever once apologized for it or to the rest of the forum who have to suffer from your actions.

THIS.

If I had done something like this to ALL, even inadvertantly (which I highly doubt this was an inadvertant mistake rather than you and others playing number games. All one has to do is take a look at the thread Gabe made in the Brighten Another Member's Day section and look at the 2nd page of Gabriel's reps to see how ridiculously out of control this got…authored by you), I would feel like honeysuckle. The first thing out of my mouth would've been an apology.

I have no respect for you since you clearly have no respect or sense of responsibility towards everyone else here on ALL.

You're new here too. I've been here since 2008. That's 7 years I've been at this forum off and on. This is like my second home and you don't seem remorseful for hurting the members here.

I don't even want an apology from you really. You've shown you're more concerned about yourself than the impact you've had on others, which is clearly just more evidence that you only thought about yourself while committing these actions as well. So, don't bother. I wouldn't accept it anyways.

I haven't heard an apology from Gabe or Pendragon either, so I think the same of them. They've ran away and/or made flippant remarks about their actions rather than apologize.

Really, people…

I'm dissapointed. Actually no, I'm angry as well. It's not just the emotion of dissapointment here anymore.

Maybe that would mean I feel disgusted.

Apologies are given when when someone has done something Wrong!

None of us has done anything wrong,according to the "rules" that are laid out on the site.

No rules have been broken.

No "Abuse" of the rep system,has happened,or was intended,by any of us.

Any,and all reps given,by all persons accused,convicted and condemed by some people on here,were within the rules,for things liked,funny, good advice,and given by friend's, to friend's.

This site is supposed to be about helping people,and making friends,and being friendly towards others.

Reps given are for "Reputation", a reputation can be for many things,being kind,being caring,being funny,posting something funny,being a friend, helping other's when they need help,things posted when sad or lonely.
We gave each other reps for all these things.

I am giving no apology for giving any reps to people I have respect for,and i have given reps to over the last year,any and all reps that i have given to many,not just a select few,have been deserved!

I am,however,sorry that some people do not understand the meaning of friendship,or understand that friendship is shown in many ways.

Giving reps was one of those ways.

I am sorry that people on here have thought,or felt that the rep system has been abused,that was never the intention,by anyone.

Friendship is the only thing this was about,no matter how some people want to twist it to something else.

Friendship,.........friend's looking out for one another,helping each other be happy.

A great many people on here,have been brilliant in supporting us,behind the scenes. And been understanding about what friendship really is.

Thanks to all of you,for the PM's of support.

I am sorry that some people can not understand what real friendship is.

Anyone and everyone, can now feel free to attack me,call me a liar,slag me off or just plain ignore what I have posted, its a free World,you make your own minds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back