Can't give rep anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheRealCallie said:
PenDragon said:
But I guess it doesn't matter anyway, I ended up casting the image I hate most "Irresponsible".

Well, from what I'm reading (maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, I don't know), it sounds like you were told to cease and desist and you chose to carry on with doing what YOU (and they) wanted to do anyway. THAT, in itself, is most definitely irresponsible.
But instead of apologizing, not necessarily because you were WRONG, but because your actions have upset a lot of people and caused all of us to be punished, you chose to make a joke about it and laugh at the entire forum. That, too, can be said to be irresponsible.

I was told, hmm. when and where exactly? Did you check the timeline of the events? If not, do it again before start jumping to conclusion. I know well enough what is RESPONSIBILITY.

Joke, maybe I'm not good enough with how English really work but seems like it shows way differently than I type or speak.

PenDragon said:
TheRealCallie said:
PenDragon said:
But I guess it doesn't matter anyway, I ended up casting the image I hate most "Irresponsible".

Well, from what I'm reading (maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, I don't know), it sounds like you were told to cease and desist and you chose to carry on with doing what YOU (and they) wanted to do anyway. THAT, in itself, is most definitely irresponsible.
But instead of apologizing, not necessarily because you were WRONG, but because your actions have upset a lot of people and caused all of us to be punished, you chose to make a joke about it and laugh at the entire forum. That, too, can be said to be irresponsible.

I was told, hmm. when and where exactly? Did you check the timeline of the events? If not, do it again before start jumping to conclusion. I know well enough what is RESPONSIBILITY.

Joke, maybe I'm not good enough with how English really work but seems like it shows way differently than I type or speak.

In this thread, the mods are saying you three were told to stop and you didn't. I believe Nilla, Minus and Sci have all said it in this very thread.

And I believe I said I may have interpreted it wrong, so don't tell me not to jump to conclusions when I said VERY CLEARLY that I could be wrong about the interpretation.

Sci-Fi said:
People really need to stop abusing the reputation system, such a thing ruins it for everyone else.

And after that I don't remember giving points to anyone and neither I received any such notices from anyone. Maybe I'm not making sense at all. Last I remember I gave points to anyone on 7th of August. I don't know how and where this going is keep popping up that I may have neglected something which had been brought to my attention. I never misses any nudges less any advice or warnings.

This very thread was created on 8th and I didn't give anyone, any points since 7th If my mind records it right.

Correction:- Last point given to anyone was 6th August, I checked many profiles whom I usually give and it showed 6th.

What a sad state of affairs, when clearly false admiration holds any value.

I think people could benefit from filling their rep count void with fresh air.

PenDragon said:
Can anyone give real timeline when this was disabled?

What difference does it make when it was disabled? Before it was disabled, it was being misused.

VanillaCreme said:
PenDragon said:

What difference does it make when it was disabled? Before it was disabled, it was being misused.

Well, It matters to me at least, I want to know if there was a warning shot and Was there any chance I missed it? Cause from what I felt from Callie is suggesting "we" were keep doing what were we doing before.

PenDragon said:
VanillaCreme said:
PenDragon said:

Well, It matters to me at least, I want to know if there was a warning shot and Was there any chance I missed it? Cause from what I felt from Callie is suggesting "we" were keep doing what were we doing before.

Why don't you ask your friends? And why don't you take a look at both the congratulatory threads you guys created for each other on the rep points?

I don't know if these were the said warnings given or if they were given in PMs, but the mods did say something in those threads. If it really matters, on the 6th and 7th August respectively.

VanillaCreme said:
His reps would be more legit if most of them weren't you, Raven. That's one way to positively abuse the rep system I suppose.
Sci-Fi said:
People really need to stop abusing the reputation system, such a thing ruins it for everyone else.

ladyforsaken said:
Why don't you ask your friends? And why don't you take a look at both the congratulatory threads you guys created for each other on the rep points?

I don't know if these were the said warnings given or if they were given in PMs, but the mods did say something in those threads. If it really matters, on the 6th and 7th August respectively.

VanillaCreme said:
His reps would be more legit if most of them weren't you, Raven. That's one way to positively abuse the rep system I suppose.
Sci-Fi said:

not clear enough. Right after they created thread about that. it was said afterwards not before that. timeline doesn't match at all.

Both statements from VC and Sci-Fi came after quite a sometime since I gave points to anyone.
VC stated on 6th August 2015 10:41PM
Sci-Fi said that on 8th August 2015 06:52AM

And I clearly seeing in my profile, last point I gave to anyone was...
To Gab 6th August 5:45AM
and to Raven 6th August 12:17PM

And points to other were given couple of days before that.
All times are in GMT +5:30

I don't see any clearance, if there had been any notice about my behavior I would have seen it.

I'm curious to know when exactly the function was disabled, it would clear a lot of point for me.

It was shock to me that I know what was wrong If it was wrong that this function was diasabled because of my action and I wasn't given a simple nudge or a warning or any at all. It is like I was executed and my lifeless head is trying to find what was fault of my body, not the same case but the feeling is same for me. Or If I could put it this way, I was arrested and convicted and in the prison cell I'm finding clue why I am convicted!

And yes it is big deal for me , quite a big deal for me cause more than 20,000 people are affected because of this so yes, I like to know very bit and pieces of it in every detail manner possible.

Like I said, why don't you ask your friends. You're not the only one involved and no one is specifically pinpointing you out. It's not even about the timeline here PD, this is sidetracking, it's mainly about the actions over the course of weeks, and months on end but it was left alone and only called out when those congratulatory threads surfaced because that might have raised discomfort among some members for the mods to have spoken up or the fact that the mods just wanted to watch out for the well-being of the members in general.

I give up on all three involved. They've been given adequate time in my book to acknowledge how they have negatively affected others.

Insomany paragraphs and paragraphs and paragraphs of explanations and efforts at diversions, they've refused.

All it would've taken was a genuinely written sentence much like the one below.

"I'm really sorry for how I've affected everyone on the forum."

One sentence.

Really…really hard….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back