Can't give rep anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know, that was not an apology. That was a justification and you know what? Justifications don't make you right, they only show you support and permit your own behavior. Anyone who has done wrong is more than capable of blabbing justifications and excuses out the whazoo. In fact, they often do.

Justifying does not make right or prove innocence. Most people who do wrong do it.

Apology not accepted on these grounds and on the grounds that I see no remorse.

I'm going to be mean for a second and say this. Grow up.

HoodedMonk said:
Just so you know, that was not an apology. That was a justification and you know what? Justifications don't make you right, they only show you support and permit your own behavior. Anyone who has done wrong is more than capable of blabbing justifications and excuses out the whazoo. In fact, they often do.

Justifying does not make right or prove innocence. Most people who do wrong do it.

HM, I know that you have strong feelings for ALL, like you said, it has been your second home and I understand how you would feel like someone has vandalized it. And I also know that judging from the congratulatory threads and some other things, that yes, what was going on here did indeed make a pretty bad impression. There wasn't much information on hand to suggest that it was not, in fact, some kind of numbers game. Everything seemed to point to it, and nobody really came forward saying that it wasn't, or offering any other explanation until they were pressed to give one.

But after talking to some of the people involved for a while, it started to become clear that it wasn't a black-and-white issue. In fact, they actually did say a lot of things that seemed as though they were in agreement with what you, and several others, stated you believe is the proper use of rep points. A lot of these things were the kinds of things that I have received reps for myself, such as posts where I tried to be helpful, posts where I shared something I thought was funny, posts where someone was trying to cheer me up or give me some encouragement, and posts for things I shared like songs. I looked at some of the comments that came with the points, and yes, they are repetitive, which again I'd understand could look like a numbers game. But they could still have been given as a token of friendship, a means to cheer someone up when they were sad, a way to make someone feel noticed and not marginalized, that the things they post don't just go in one eye and out the other. All the things that rep points are supposed to be for.

My understanding of this was that this started when someone was thinking of leaving because they were upset and didn't think they had friends here anymore, and this was the way that their friends wanted to show this person that they still did have people that wanted them around.

I don't know. I'm not a mod, I have no power. I'm not telling anyone how to do their job or what to think. All I'm saying is that yes, at first I too thought this was just a game. But hearing the other side of the story made me consider that there was a lot more to it than what it appeared to be.

I know how you feel and I hope this will not cause bad blood between us. But I feel that I have to speak up here, because from talking to both sides, I really do believe that this thing is one huge misunderstanding that is only getting more obscure.

TheSkaFish said:
HoodedMonk said:

HM, I know that you have strong feelings for ALL, like you said, it has been your second home and I understand how you would feel like someone has vandalized it. And I also know that judging from the congratulatory threads and some other things, that yes, what was going on here did indeed make a pretty bad impression. There wasn't much information on hand to suggest that it was not, in fact, some kind of numbers game. Everything seemed to point to it, and nobody really came forward saying that it wasn't, or offering any other explanation until they were pressed to give one.

But after talking to some of the people involved for a while, it started to become clear that it wasn't a black-and-white issue. In fact, they actually did say a lot of things that seemed as though they were in agreement with what you, and several others, stated you believe is the proper use of rep points. I looked at some of the comments that came with the points, and yes, they are repetitive, which again I'd understand could look like a numbers game. But they could still have been given as a token of friendship, a means to cheer someone up when they were sad, a way to make someone feel noticed and not marginalized, that the things they post don't just go in one eye and out the other. All the things that rep points are supposed to be for.

My understanding of this was that this started when someone was thinking of leaving because they were upset and didn't think they had friends here anymore, and this was the way that their friends wanted to show this person that they still did have people that wanted them around.

I don't know. I'm not a mod, I have no power. I'm not telling anyone how to do their job or what to think. All I'm saying is that yes, at first I too thought this was just a game. But hearing the other side of the story made me consider that there was a lot more to it than what it appeared to be.

I know how you feel and I hope this will not cause bad blood between us. But I feel that I have to speak up here, because from talking to both sides, I really do believe that this thing is one huge misunderstanding that is only getting more obscure.

Oh no, no bad blood at all. You're entitled to your opinion.

I can't say that my feelings have changed though on the issue from what you've said, but no, not upset with you for saying what you think.

TheSkaFish said:

Do you have ANY idea how many people think about leaving here every day because they feel ignored or invisible or that they don't think they can contribute or any number of reasons? Should we all up and give them 200 reps just so they stay?

Here's the think with that. If something like giving reps will make someone stay, what does that say about them? "Oh, look, 2 people are giving me massive reps, I'm SOOOO popular now, I think I'll stay"?

I have had people tell me they were thinking about leaving more than once, but I didn't rep them even one time. I TALKED to them, I SHOWED them that they could contribute, I SHOWED them that people DID want them around....THAT is what friendship is, not clicking a button and playing a cliquish game. I stand by what I said about the clique, because after all has been said and done, it just shows me all the more that this is, indeed what it is....a clique.

And to comment on a few things Gabe said....
It doesn't always take doing something WRONG to issue an apology. It's not that black and white.

The "rules" aren't that black and white either. There has been a long history of rule arguments on this forum and it's been discussed many times. The rules change, most are common sense, most have been spoken of before and most can be clarified by simply asking. You might say "well, they aren't posted, so how should I know?" but again, common sense, think before you do, etc etc etc.

Saying we don't understand friendship is pretty messed up.....

As for the apology and whether you feel you should give one. Well, regardless of whether you did "wrong" or "broke rules" or are lying out your ass to make yourself look better (not saying you are or aren't here), because of the actions of you three, the rest of the forum is being punished because of said actions. So, honestly, yes, you do owe an apology. If not for that than making a big joke about when when you can clearly see that others are upset by this turn of events.

HoodedMonk said:
Oh no, no bad blood at all. You're entitled to your opinion.

I can't say that my feelings have changed though on the issue from what you've said, but no, not upset with you for saying what you think.

I know, I know what I said was probably too soon after the incident, and not enough. But I just thought I would give it an effort. I sort of know what it feels like to be a persona non grata on here, and I just felt I had to speak up on their behalf.

Anyway. I'm glad we will remain on good terms.

TheRealCallie said:

As for the apology and whether you feel you should give one. Well, regardless of whether you did "wrong" or "broke rules" or are lying out your ass to make yourself look better (not saying you are or aren't here), because of the actions of you three, the rest of the forum is being punished because of said actions. So, honestly, yes, you do owe an apology. If not for that than making a big joke about when when you can clearly see that others are upset by this turn of events.

+1

They negatively affected other people and all they can think about is defending themselves.

Apology...whether or not they themselves believe themselves to be wrong (or as you said they are lying to make themselves look better)...is warranted.

I have nothing against anyone here but after reading all this - I cannot tell you how agitated I got that I really have to say something here.

gabriel20 said:
A great many people on here,have been brilliant in supporting us,behind the scenes. And been understanding about what friendship really is.

Thanks to all of you,for the PM's of support.

I am sorry that some people can not understand what real friendship is.

Anyone and everyone, can now feel free to attack me,call me a liar,slag me off or just plain ignore what I have posted, its a free World,you make your own minds up.

So if someone states facts of how things are seen with regards to this issue on the forum, you deem them as attackers, pretty much tell them that they're wrong and then block them?

Cos that's what you did to me.

TheSkaFish said:

But after talking to some of the people involved for a while, it started to become clear that it wasn't a black-and-white issue. In fact, they actually did say a lot of things that seemed as though they were in agreement with what you, and several others, stated you believe is the proper use of rep points. A lot of these things were the kinds of things that I have received reps for myself, such as posts where I tried to be helpful, posts where I shared something I thought was funny, posts where someone was trying to cheer me up or give me some encouragement, and posts for things I shared like songs. I looked at some of the comments that came with the points, and yes, they are repetitive, which again I'd understand could look like a numbers game. But they could still have been given as a token of friendship, a means to cheer someone up when they were sad, a way to make someone feel noticed and not marginalized, that the things they post don't just go in one eye and out the other. All the things that rep points are supposed to be for.

Until they were pressed to give one? Heck, did it require for them to be pressed to do so? At the very least have the decency to explain something they did that caused the ENTIRE forum to be affected by their actions.

EVEN if they felt that everyone else was wrong in thinking whatever way they were thinking, the LEAST they could do is come forward and speak up what the real deal is. Now that's just me saying what the best case scenario could have been before all this got here, into this one big ugly fat mess.

Ska, you said you talked to both sides. Now, I've "heard" from the people involved myself, and for some reason I am finding it a freaking hard time to believe whatever they said because there were various reasons explained that were tossed around one after another that just made the whole thing look from bad to worse. That's how it came across, not what I am assuming or trying to use as an attack on anyone here, like how gabriel thought I was doing towards him and his friends.

The moment I pointed out how this whole issue seemed in the eyes of myself and some of the people here, I was deemed the bad guy, the person who was narrow-minded and unfriendly to be seeing things that way. Instead of discussing about it, they got all defensive. Now how am I to even understand ANYTHING when people get defensive?

The crazy thing is, I did NOT even ask for an explanation, neither did I approach anyone involved or not, with regards to the subject matter. So really, I was pulled in, and then cast out as the big black sheep.

So you think this is a misunderstanding? I think this is a poor cover-up of their actions where various reasons have been brought up to me personally yet neither of them relate to one another.

TheSkaFish said:

Oh I have to tell you since you're mentioning this out in the open, this is a new one I'm hearing. I'm not sure if you've heard of the other reasons brought up to my attention on separate occasions.

TheRealCallie said:
TheSkaFish said:

Do you have ANY idea how many people think about leaving here every day because they feel ignored or invisible or that they don't think they can contribute or any number of reasons? Should we all up and give them 200 reps just so they stay?

Here's the think with that. If something like giving reps will make someone stay, what does that say about them? "Oh, look, 2 people are giving me massive reps, I'm SOOOO popular now, I think I'll stay"?

I have had people tell me they were thinking about leaving more than once, but I didn't rep than even one time. I TALKED to them, I SHOWED them that they could contribute, I SHOWED them that people DID want them around....THAT is what friendship is, not clicking a button and playing a cliquish game. I stand by what I said about the clique, because after all has been said and done, it just shows me all the more that this is, indeed what it is....a clique.

And to comment on a few things Gabe said....
It doesn't always take doing something WRONG to issue an apology. It's not that black and white.

The "rules" aren't that black and white either. There has been a long history of rule arguments on this forum and it's been discussed many times. The rules change, most are common sense, most have been spoken of before and most can be clarified by simply asking. You might say "well, they aren't posted, so how should I know?" but again, common sense, think before you do, etc etc etc.

Saying we don't understand friendship is pretty messed up.....

+1

TheSkaFish said:
I know, I know what I said was probably too soon after the incident, and not enough. But I just thought I would give it an effort. I sort of know what it feels like to be a persona non grata on here, and I just felt I had to speak up on their behalf.

Anyway. I'm glad we will remain on good terms.

Why did you have to speak on their behalf? If they did not feel like they did anything wrong, they would not be afraid to speak up for themselves, no matter how people would have a hard time believing them. Because when you are true to your word and you say it out loud, people will try to understand. If you beat around the bush and start getting all defensive and tell other people they're attacking, then these people leave no room for understanding at all. So however the situation is right now, it's ON them.

I am so sick and tired of the people involved in this issue making up all sorts of excuses and blaming the rest of the forum for not being understanding when they DID NOT speak up the reasons IN THE FIRST PLACE. If they had stopped people from speculating so much and stopped the upset from brewing during their silence when they could've cleared out the issue, we will NOT be here.

Maybe some people will get pissed at me for speaking up like this but I know what I received and I know what has been said to me and I will always try to do the right thing around here.

I'm not here to put anyone down or make anyone feel badly, but I think some people have total disregard for the feelings of others around here and for myself, and think they can say whatever they want to say just because they think they are right without looking at the entire picture from all points of view. They just want to look at it their way. If anyone here knows me well enough, I speak up for the truth and for what's right WHEN it's called for most of the time. Right now I feel highly offended by certain persons here even if that was not the intention thus I feel compelled to say these things I've just written.

gabriel20 said:
Apologies are given when when someone has done something Wrong!

Apologies are also given when one's actions have left behind negative feelings. This may not have been the intention. And I don't think any of you actually meant to cause any harm. But the way you guys went about it, was obviously offensive to many.

gabriel20 said:
This site is supposed to be about helping people,and making friends,and being friendly towards others.

I think people should be able to rep whatever post they like. But how many people congratulate each other for reaching a certain number? Do you congratulate people when they get so many likes or friends on facebook? Isn't a rep a pat on the back enough?

I see you and the other people involved as really great individuals. And there is no doubt in my mind that you didn't intend to hurt anyone with your actions. But it did have a negative impact.

I don't agree with anyone attacking you. But it would be great, if one side of the scenario could just let down some pride, and help move this along. We are all here for support and friends, and I would hate for something as silly as this to continue.

AmytheTemperamental said:
gabriel20 said:
Apologies are given when when someone has done something Wrong!

Apologies are also given when one's actions have left behind negative feelings. This may not have been the intention. And I don't think any of you actually meant to cause any harm. But the way you guys went about it, was obviously offensive to many.

gabriel20 said:
This site is supposed to be about helping people,and making friends,and being friendly towards others.

I think people should be able to rep whatever post they like. But how many people congratulate each other for reaching a certain number? Do you congratulate people when they get so many likes or friends on facebook? Isn't a rep a pat on the back enough?

I see you and the other people involved as really great individuals. And there is no doubt in my mind that you didn't intend to hurt anyone with your actions. But it did have a negative impact.

I don't agree with anyone attacking you. But it would be great, if one side of the scenario could just let down some pride, and help move this along. We are all here for support and friends, and I would hate for something as silly as this to continue.

+1

ladyforsaken said:
The crazy thing is, I did NOT even ask for an explanation, neither did I approach anyone involved or not, with regards to the subject matter. So really, I was pulled in, and then cast out as the big black sheep.

I didn't really ask them for an explanation nor did I approach anyone either. They approached and explained it to me. At first I felt like this was not really my business, but I felt kind of pulled in as well.

ladyforsaken said:
Why did you have to speak on their behalf? If they did not feel like they did anything wrong, they would not be afraid to speak up for themselves, no matter how people would have a hard time believing them. Because when you are true to your word and you say it out loud, people will try to understand. If you beat around the bush and start getting all defensive and tell other people they're attacking, then these people leave no room for understanding at all. So however the situation is right now, it's ON them.

I am so sick and tired of the people involved in this issue making up all sorts of excuses and blaming the rest of the forum for not being understanding when they DID NOT speak up the reasons IN THE FIRST PLACE. If they had stopped people from speculating so much and stopped the upset from brewing during their silence when they could've cleared out the issue, we will NOT be here.

Honestly, I don't know why I felt like I should speak up on their behalf. Like I said, this is probably none of my business. But I guess I felt that since I was neutral and neither felt violated nor attacked, I was in a position to sort of try to mediate and negotiate this. I felt I had a better chance of trying to bring both parties' good sides to light. I thought I would try and stop the storm of misunderstanding before it spread.

I do think that sometimes people don't speak up not because they think they haven't done anything wrong or that they don't think there is a problem, but because they are afraid of the backlash they think they will receive. They think that even if they did speak up, it would do no good. They are intimidated. It can happen that way, sometimes.

I do agree though, that it would have been for the best if they spoke up sooner, before people had time to make speculations. That definitely did only make things worse and added to the confusion and aggravation, and would have saved all parties involved a lot of trouble.

ladyforsaken said:
Maybe some people will get pissed at me for speaking up like this but I know what I received and I know what has been said to me and I will always try to do the right thing around here.

I'm not here to put anyone down or make anyone feel badly, but I think some people have total disregard for the feelings of others around here and for myself, and think they can say whatever they want to say just because they think they are right without looking at the entire picture from all points of view. They just want to look at it their way. If anyone here knows me well enough, I speak up for the truth and for what's right WHEN it's called for most of the time.

Mm, no, I'm not pissed. Rather, I was also just doing what I felt was right, what I felt was the truth. As you said - looking at the entire picture from both points of view.

Anyway. I think that since I have said my peace and since this really is not my issue anyway, I will bow out of this thread now. Like I said to HoodedMonk, I hope this will not affect our perceptions of each other in the future and give us bad feelings between each other. I too hope we will remain on good terms.

Raven22 said:
Reason rep points given. Very easy in one word........... FRIENDSHIP.

You know, that's the exact reason why many of the people who have ever been against or hesitant for the reputation system in the first place. Because when you give reputation points for friendship, some people want to then claim that forums are nothing but cliques and groups who alienate everyone else, and if one isn't included in that group, then they can't be liked by anyone.

I know for a fact that I made it clear to you that you didn't break any rules. But you decided to ignore what I was saying and actually wanted me to change the way I worded my post. If you're so close to a member, then talk on Skype or the phone or another means of communication without any moderation from any administration team on a forum. Not only were you guys so oblivious as to bring it to our attention, but the fact that you'd think we were just going to continue to let you spam something is preposterous.

gabriel20 said:
None of us has done anything wrong,according to the "rules" that are laid out on the site.

No rules have been broken.

There is no list of every conceivable way the forum could be misused and a separate rule to cover each of those. That is not possible and shouldn't be necessary unless someone's idea of appropriate behavior is, "if there is no rule then anything goes."

The only step taken was to point out that was an inappropriate use of the point system. That was ignored so the system was turned off.

TheSkaFish said:
... A lot of these things were the kinds of things that I have received reps for myself...

I don't believe that there was any objection behind the reasoning of any specific one. It is just that as in one instance where there is a run of 43 in a row in a relatively short time, all from the same person that you can see the intent was to pad the account with points no matter what.

Ahem...

I have been away from here for few days exactly at the time this thing started and before I could say anything lot has been said and heard. I'm the type who usually avoid conflict but seems like I can't avoid this one, for some It might to be too late for explanation but life's circumstances can be like that sometimes that you can't do much about it anyway, you guys have choice whether to believe my words or take them as lies but PD never lies doesn't matter how hurtful and and rude or immature it may sound, I have this thing for quite a long time. Even in this place I remembered once writing something about speaking the truth but again truth is matter of perspective I have been told that, anyway that matters not...

Why I give points? Is it a game for me? No. Is it a popularity contest as few have suggested? No. Is it holding some deep hidden meaning in it? No. I do cause I feel like human when I express myself and giving points indeed is expressing myself, I don't know how other people see it. Tell me, how many of you have not smiled at least once while giving point to someone? You know the answer to yourself. That is same with me. Few posts here are one of the finest piece of humanity I have seen in my small life and I respect them but there had been time I simply gave points to funny jokes, humor, understanding, great advice, and few other times it was just an impulse to show respect for them and everytime I do I say something about why I'm giving points rarely I don't say anything. You can go and see it for yourself but you don't need to do that either.

I talk the loudest here few people has said to me. Do you guys really think I would be silent and listening all this without saying something or anything?

It's right I gave points to few people over an over but I don't see how it was misuse of it in my perspective, you can go and check the frequency of it but you don't need to do that either since everything I'm saying is lieing my ass out of here. I don't lie, I speak on the face, many has seen that and they have blocked me for that, oh heck I even give points to people who have blocked! can It be really more interesting than this that people are taking my action as abuse when it was not in any sense. it's really disappointing you know to see how things have changed so much in such a little time here. What do I feel? I feel little sad, little hurt, little misunderstood and this won't be first place for that, happened everywhere people don't really understand me even people closest to me have said that many times, PD you're complicated. Part of me but I try to be as simple as possible but I guess it ends up making things even more complicated.

This was my home too and it is home for many other as well, but Now my belief is shaking a little, I'm not sure I'm safe here, don't know but feels like If I do or say anything I would be kicked out of here before I could say oops!!! Sad indeed, I thought maybe I could rest here a little more without making things more complicated for everyone. but I guess it's already too late since pretty much has made up their mind about everything, I won't try to change cause If I do now then I have do it again and again and that I don't want. I'm tired of explaining things, doing that since I was a kid. Maybe fault in my part of saying things in riddle.

As for asking apology, I won't be doing that, you can block me thousand times over and over but I will stay by my words, I didn't do anything wrong. how can I say sorry for doing things which helped me and others as well? It's like objecting myself for every points I have given to everyone and trust me I have given points on very wide spectrum here. but even then you want me to say it then I would say it but It would sorry for everything I have done here including everything. and that is very sad thing to make me do cause I enjoyed my stay here and now it feels like I was wrong all along.

Aaah, I have spoken too much again I'm trying not to take things way too seriously on my head. It's already quite a mess up here, don't want to add another and of course I expect people will take it as an excuse to run away from responsibility but everyone is allowed to have voice of their own, not gonna challenge that otherwise it won't a human place if I start doing that.

People take my humor as my joke and it's true sometimes it's a joke but I try what I do best, to make people smile and I will be doing that doesn't matter whether I'm kicked out of here and everywhere, won't change my attitude about life, I have enough negativity inside me to cover whole Earth again and again but it's better that it remain inside. Must make everything better even it hurts sometimes.

Wanna know what’s more funny???
I PMed Sci-Fi about why reps button was missing, lol. Silly me I didn’t even know that there was thread about this later on. And I don’t expect anyone either to understand what funny means to me. Will take 1000 more pages before I could make understand anyone what is taken as funny in my head.

Few of my friends suggested that people will attack me no matter what I write or do. LOL, I didn’t knew what attack was until I come to this place, no seriously I didn’t know people could attack each other over internet, lol I think it happen only in war or something. Cut throat badasses, hihihihihihi. Well, anyone can attack as much as they want, it won’t have any effect on me, My Dragon scale is too rough for that plus my heart is somewhere safe away from here so I won’t be killed no matter how anyone can try, hehehehe.

I'm childish many have said that but the way few have acted on it is itself quite a bit of me. maturity is undestanding that I have learned, to give people time to say anything before jumping on everything thrown, I was away for few days atleast you guys could have waited a little but...

And It is my perspective, thought you guys might needed it to see from my goggles but you don't have to believe me, in fact no one has to believe me, I'm quite content with it.

And I may sound little too rude or blunt, I'm little disturbed over whole thing. Never expected something like this...

Nobody said anyone was lying, but when the people involved throw around one reason after another after getting defensive, how do you think it looks like? If they had heard alternative views out and considered that perhaps, these people must be chiming a particular opinion for a reason, maybe this whole issue wouldn't even have gotten this far.

It was NOT just ONE person who felt badly affected by this who viewed it similarly as I do. Now don't you think that there's something to look into when people keep saying the same things to us? We can't always think that we're ALWAYS right, even if it's a personal opinion. How can we grow if we don't take feedback constructively? It doesn't mean we have to agree or give in, it just means we are mature enough to hear other opinions and try to understand why people see it the way they do and the discuss these things, not start blaming people for not being understanding about anything.

Yes, maybe to you guys what you do was out of your best interests, but holy crap, look at how much it has affected others? Don't you think that you or any of those involved should at least ACKNOWLEDGE how this is perceived by other people? You don't have to agree with our views or opinions but the fact that you guys get DEFENSIVE right off the bat when people speak opposing views from yours just makes it harder for us to understand.

Now I'm gonna bring this point up because it hasn't just affected people who are not involved but it has also affected people WHO DO give a lot of reps BUT for the right reasons and in a fair way. Why do they not get this whole thing against them? Because they don't pick and choose who they want to give rep to, because they don't pick "favourites" or just their friends among this community, they don't gloat about how high their reps are or how much the other person has. Sure, they probably gave rep to their friends too, but it wasn't JUST to their friends. They give rep distributed among other people too.

Like I said, this is one community, on this one forum. Maybe some people choose to be independent and all and disregard how other people feel around here, but you can't deny the FACT that this is a community. You do something that relates to the forum functions and features, it affects everyone or at least most people around here.

Like what Nilla said, so many people always have issues with cliques in places or forums and people always say that it makes them feel left out, not belonged and there have been people who left this forum because of this particular reason. Now as a member of a community, I care about people here and I care about how they feel. So as much as I was trying to understand the point of view of Gabriel's and Raven's as well as yours, PenDragon, but before I could do so, I was pretty much shut out... I am also trying to understand people from other perspectives. Whether you or me or anyone likes it or not, this forum is still one community of a forum and there are bound to have cliques wherever we go, and it's fine if you guys want to have your own clique but when the things you specifically do rub it into the faces of sensitive, lonely people who feel worse or badly affected by your actions - that's a WHOLE new thing on top of the whole clique issue altogether.

If you or any of them were willing to just "hear" people out and acknowledge it and then clear up misunderstandings, perhaps people might actually believe what you say. AGAIN, this does not mean we are implying that you're lying. It just means it's hard to believe.

What more, when I got blocked for trying to sort this issue out and trying to understand what's going on at the same time, making clear how things are being perceived and seen by a lot of people for this particular situation. I was NOT blaming anyone, and was NOT accusing anyone when I pretty much reported what or how it was seen. I can only speak for what actions I see. So when I spoke of facts and truth on this side of the fence, I get blocked - how do you think that made it look on the blocker and how do you think it made me feel as the blockee?

As I said, I'm not here to put anyone down, in the public forum or in PMs. I clearly stated my objective to the persons involved in my PM exchanges about this that I'm merely trying to help and understand the situation since it was brought to my attention. I wasn't probing, nor enquiring in the first place. But I'm willing to help when matters are brought up to me.

I'm not on this forum to earn favours or get likes or rep points, whatever. I'm here for the same objective and reason I've had since I joined here in 2012. To provide the help to others where I can just to give back what I received from strangers who tried to help me when I was down and out on another forum. I don't care for popularity nor do I care for having a clique anywhere. So I am not speaking for anyone, but I am speaking of what I know how people feel about all this after having spoken to some.

I'm not even sure if any of the persons involved would even hear this out or understand how people - or at least ME, how I am seeing this, but if you choose to ignore us, chances are, you'll find that your reasons are likely going to be ignored too. You want understanding from people, hey, you gotta give it too.

More to add...

In the past during my stay here I had PMed people about not to give me Reps points, I had stopped them from giving me points and that caused me lost friendship with them, Don't know why I did that but felt right thing to do. But I guess it doesn't matter anyway, I ended up casting the image I hate most "Irresponsible". I hate it, I don't hate anyone in fact I love everyone and when I tell that to people they freak out and run away from me but that word really kills my mood.

Ignore, hmm. The one thing every human hate most maybe few not. and that ignore button really stands out amongst everything. but I won't debate over what is considered ignorance or not. Everyone has different definition for that.

I stated what I felt like people should know what I thought, nothing more. Us, hmm.

And...I haven't blocked a single person here yet, It's true sometimes I'm very displeased with them but I keep the door open always so yeah I always prefer talking out things.

Jesus, this still going on?

What's more left to say? You can't give any for the time being, end of story.

There was abuse, plain and simple, anyone can see that the few of you abused a system. I love how some of you like to throw the word "rules" around. Not once have we ever said anything about breaking any rules. This is about abuse, inconsideration for other members, and ignorance of when something was said. You all continued to abuse the rep system and gloat about it. That is what this is about. This isn't about some laughable rule breaking, it is hilarious that people want to keep making it about something that we NEVER said. Had you stopped the first time this wouldn't be an issue, but you all decided to continue on this behaviour and misuse the rep system.

Some of you obviously do not understand the sensitivity of some members of this forum, and it has been explained to you which you made clear you do not care. All we have ever heard were excuses, ones that you keep piling on to to try and justify your actions. Excuses get you nowhere, it only makes it worse.

PenDragon said:
But I guess it doesn't matter anyway, I ended up casting the image I hate most "Irresponsible".

Well, from what I'm reading (maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, I don't know), it sounds like you were told to cease and desist and you chose to carry on with doing what YOU (and they) wanted to do anyway. THAT, in itself, is most definitely irresponsible.
But instead of apologizing, not necessarily because you were WRONG, but because your actions have upset a lot of people and caused all of us to be punished, you chose to make a joke about it and laugh at the entire forum. That, too, can be said to be irresponsible.

TheRealCallie said:
you chose to make a joke about it and laugh at the entire forum. That, too, can be said to be irresponsible.

This too...

flip•pant (ˈflɪp ənt)

adj.
1. frivolously disrespectful, shallow, or lacking in seriousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back