How many people over 20 are still virgins?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im 23 and still a virgin, infact i have had one relationship in my life which lasted a few months and it was me who dumped her which i actually do kinda regret, just started college, had lots of new friends, i wanted to go out and do things but she didnt, she was really really clingy too so i ended it but that was a long time ago.

I have recently started getting quite depressed over not having a nice women in my life though, i have been feeling really lonely. I think it started because my friend has a girl (i only just started seeing this friend because i started hanging around with some of his and her friends) who i have liked for a very long time since before they started going out and they have been going out for about 4 years.
Its kinda funny actually because she nearly always walks besides me but she kind of trys to hide away from me a bit when we are in our social group, also eye contact is terrible, she gravitates towards me when we are walking places or when a situation where we can just talk to each other without anyone else hearing, she nearly always seems to end up being besides me, yet we are both very shy and find it hard to communicate even though we know for a fact we have very similar interests, we even kind of look a bit like each other lol. I have no idea though if shes actually just being friendly or if she has some kind of like of me in a different way. Women are confusing to me :p
I wouldnt ever do anything to harm her and my friends relationship though because i just dont think its right.

Anyway, i really dont think i have that bad looks infact i have had people openly say i am good looking for no real reason and i think im reasonably intelligent, i am really quite talented too but its just im plagued by this annoying shyness.

Sigh..... Lonliness sucks :(

blue87 said:
23, not a virgin, but I wish I was because I haven't gotten any since high school.

Being a virgin doesnt really help in getting any im afraid. :p

ShybutHi said:
blue87 said:
23, not a virgin, but I wish I was because I haven't gotten any since high school.

Being a virgin doesnt really help in getting any im afraid. :p

Lol, not what I meant: :p

I mean if I was a virgin I might not miss it as much. Although that may not be true, because I have passed on opportunities since then, that I may have taken if I was a virgin.. I don't know for sure.

27, still a virgin.

(I suppose I did have the opportunity to lose my virginity with my first and only girlfriend many years ago, but we both felt we weren't ready for actual sex, so we only went as far as foreplay.)

SocratesX said:

I am confused why it seems to be the height of manliness to do the deed. o_O

All hail the deed doer for he is great among men!

yeah...ok, society can shut the fresia up now.

:p

SophiaGrace said:
SocratesX said:

All hail the deed doer for he is great among men!

yeah...ok, society can shut the fresia up now.

:p

It's much more than that, though. Doing the deed is a lot more than just sticking things in places - its about recognition, feeling appreciated, feeling wanted.

SophiaGrace said:

Yea, there be always much rejoicing and ale when a warrior first impales a doe with his mighty sword!

32 - Yeah I know :( ...never even had a girlfriend throughout grammar, or middle school. Now, I am seeking a woman!

No criminal history. No needles. :)
I dropped out of HS due to heavy drug use, flipped out, lost all my friends, and then spent about 6 years while very isolated at home taking tranquilizers and other outpatient medication to treat depression, OCD, and speed induced schizophrenia.

I have been sober from illegal drugs- for over 15 years.
As of 2004, I almost completed a degree from a local community college.
79 ECUS 3.9GPA!

I was assaulted and robbed while on a short vacation in 2006 - have a TBI - closed head brain injury

BTW- I have always felt exclusively attracted to women.

A THEORY:

I feel cursed. VIA ASTRAL Chakra infiltration.
Like a cloud over my head....?

I HAVE DIAGRAMED A FEW SEEMINGLY IMPORTANT EVENTS, RELEVANT TO MY LIFE, WHICH MAY HAVE PROVOKED VARIOUS INTERESTED PARTIES TO CURSE ME.

Grandpa dug up a burial ground while building a canal for the state- he even picked up (pre antiquities law) intact Native American Indian artifacts

DISTANT Mayflowerian blood lineage

Family owned a debt collection agency during the pre civil rights era

My husband was 27 when we got married and he was a virgin. We had foreplay and such but he wouldn't take his pants off if you know what I mean. I lost mine WAY too early. I was only 15 and I lead a really, uh, sexual life. I really really regret it and I wish I could have been a virgin on my wedding night.

Wow! What a lucky man!

I am looking forward to meeting someone someday.

Hi 25 yo male, and still a virgin.

Gotta agree that it's putting a mental barrier on me having success with the opposite sex, I just keep feeling like women want a guy whos been there done that right. Guess this is the first step to doing something about it, as I have never admitted it to friends, but people can work it out eventually.

What ticks me the most about it is that it feels like society mocks people who haven't lost their virginity at my age, because it seems like all adults are supposed to be "experienced" and know have experienced this stuff. Guess its just haters who feel bad for some reason or another, and need to have a go at others to feel better about themselves, so if the cant find this dirt on you, it'll be about something else.

I have had opportunities in the past, always turned them down, which was a big mistake (mainly just chickened out, guess the next step is to tackle fear and power through it.) I have been on dates before, and hooked up with girls, whenever they asked to do the next thing, I always just wussed and bailed.

When I was studying my degree I put all my time in getting high grades, and worked long hours to make heeps of cash as I had this fixation on getting ahead in life, guess what I have learnt is that getting out there and getting life experience is more important than money and all this career crap!

Hopefully others can get something out of this post, just wanted to get this off my chest, and see it as a first step in sorting this out once and for all.

23 soon and still one. So is he. He said he wants to wait and I couldn't be more than happy to hear him say that

18 year old virgin here. I know, the thread is for the ones over 20, but I'm pretty sure that I'll still be a virgin after I reach 20. Why? Because I've never had a conversation with a girl that lasted more than 3 minutes in my life and those three minutes always put me under heavy pressure. I'd sweat all over, blush, get excited and end up saying something awkward everytime. So it seems highly probable that I'll keep my innocence and purity:rolleyes: for many years from now unless I can change somehow.

Latest posts

Back