How many people over 20 are still virgins?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BadGuy said:
Eternitydreamer said:
I am 24 and I like being a virgin. No one has ever had interest in me romantically or sexually. Some guy online said he would like to "spoil me" one time.

How romantic lol
Guess spoil could have more than one meaning

Yeah it seems to be more for those not serious. This other guy said he wanted to take photos of me. He was about 50. He said "nothing rude". You gotta be kidding me?? Nothing I got there was serious.

Eternitydreamer said:
BadGuy said:
Eternitydreamer said:
I am 24 and I like being a virgin. No one has ever had interest in me romantically or sexually. Some guy online said he would like to "spoil me" one time.

How romantic lol

Yeah it seems to be more for those not serious. This other guy said he wanted to take photos of me. He was about 50. He said "nothing rude". You gotta be kidding me?? Nothing I got there was serious.

At least he didn't offer to send you dick pics :D

Serenia said:
Eternitydreamer said:
BadGuy said:
Eternitydreamer said:

How romantic lol

At least he didn't offer to send you dick pics :D
No, but I did get them on experienceproject!

Im 23 ive never had an interest in having sex im only interested in a certain type of guy. He hasn't come around if he never does im ok with that

I'm not a virgin, but a rather wish I was actually.

I've only had sex with one girl, and she treated me so badly, like I was a "use and waste" thingy. Wow that really hurt me. I've rather kept my vriginity, since that day, girls have fled from me as if a was the ******* plague on legs though. So. What can I say, fresia me?

I actually lost my virginity this year (in March) I was 21. I'm happy I've lost it because being a virgin really bothered me, now I wouldn't mind if I never have sex again because at least I can say I've done it.

Not sure if I posted in this thread in the past, didn't feel like looking through 50 pages.

I was a virgin until I was 31. I never really cared what anyone else thought, only what I thought. It did have me very depressed for a while. I never wanted a random encounter to be my first. I was getting desperately close to considering it though. My first time inadvertently ended up being with someone I met online and talked long distance with for over a year first. Due to this, my first time was not awkward. Even though I think we both knew it wouldn't last we were basically great friends regardless. I think it was worth the wait for someone like that. It ultimately didn't work out between us because we differed on what we wanted in that I really have no desire to ever have children and she very much wanted to. I've only been with two more women since then. One was a long term relationship that again, did not last for another reason. The most reason was someone I dated for a few weeks. I feel more comfortable about it now and am open to more casual sex now. Not one night stands though. It's really interesting how one's view can change about sex after gaining the little bit of experience that I did.

I have always been a virgin. I am still a virgin and I wish to remain as virgin till death.

ardour said:
Always? Big claim.

Big claim? It's not a claim young man!. That is the truth.

ardour said:
How can we know that you're aren't lying.That you're aren't just being a fake virgin!

What? what kind of a sentence is that? Logically speaking your post doesn't make any sense. All I can say whatever I said that is 100% true and I know that I am honest. I don't need any certificate from others which says that I am a honest person!. Hence It's totally up to you to believe what I am saying.

I don't have to say or prove anything to you or to anyone.

After all there is a term called " TRUST, but from your sentence it seems like you don't believe in trusting people? so it's fine up to you to trust me on whatever I am saying or not. Honestly I don't care, whether you believe what I said or not.

It's totally your choice, you can keep saying what you want.

Sun35 said:
I don't have to say or prove anything to you or to anyone.

After all there is a term called " TRUST, but from your sentence it seems like you don't believe in trusting people? so it's fine up to you to trust me on whatever I am saying or not. Honestly I don't care, whether you believe what I said or not.

It's totally your choice, you can keep saying what you want.

... it was just a joke.

You said you had “always been a virgin”. Obviously people can’t get their virginity back so that didn’t make sense. I was sort of making fun of that, along with the impression that you see it as a symbol of virtue, which is kind of an unusual attitude for a guy to have. No offence intended.

ardour said:
... it was just a joke.

You said you had “always been a virgin”. Obviously people can’t get their virginity back so that didn’t make sense. I was sort of making fun of that, along with the impression that you see it as a symbol of virtue, which is kind of an unusual attitude for a guy to have. No offence intended.

It was joke?. Well that did not seem like a joke to me at all. The way you wrote looked you meant what you are saying. No, I am not angry and I didn't take any offence, no need to worry about that.

Honestly I am not at all good at understanding jokes, I am not good at differentiating between what is joke and what is serious. I am very bad at that and I accept that. To add to that, I do get very defensive when people say that.

Another point is I am always honest, I am always serious and I never joke with anyone and regarding anything whatsoever.

Hence it's not your fault.

I was a virgin until the ripe old age of 30 (and 1/2). I felt that it was odd at times, but it was ultimately my choice. There were opportunities for me to lose my virginity before then, and I declined them because they just didn't feel right.

The stigma of the "40 Year-Old Virgin" that society places upon us is really unfortunate. Losing one's virginity has become more of a "badge of honor" than a precious intimate experience with someone you choose to be with. There is nothing wrong with keeping your virginity until you decide the time is right. In this age when sex is splashed all over the media and we're told what is sexually "normal" and not, the fact remains that sex is a deeply personal experience, and the right time to lose one's virginity to another is a deeply personal decision. It's not a contest to see who (pardon the expression) "pops their cherry" first, nor should it be used as a guidepost to determine one's self-worth. Despite what society tells us, it really has nothing to do with that.

Pogo Poodle said:
I was a virgin until the ripe old age of 30 (and 1/2). I felt that it was odd at times, but it was ultimately my choice. There were opportunities for me to lose my virginity before then, and I declined them because they just didn't feel right.

The stigma of the "40 Year-Old Virgin" that society places upon us is really unfortunate. Losing one's virginity has become more of a "badge of honor" than a precious intimate experience with someone you choose to be with. There is nothing wrong with keeping your virginity until you decide the time is right. In this age where sex is splashed all over the media and we're told what is sexually "normal" and not, the fact remains that sex is a deeply personal experience, and the right time to lose one's virginity to another is a deeply personal decision. It's not a contest to see who (pardon the expression) "pops their cherry" first, nor should it be used to determine one's self-worth. Despite what society tells us, it really has nothing to do with that.

That's not the point. It's about chance, not about choice. For some is a matter of waiting and choosing but for many here is about not having the chance to choose one way or the other.

There's a difference between "I can't find the right person to lose my virginity" to "I can't find a chance to lose my virginity"

Xpendable said:
Pogo Poodle said:

The stigma of the "40 Year-Old Virgin" that society places upon us is really unfortunate. Losing one's virginity has become more of a "badge of honor" than a precious intimate experience with someone you choose to be with. There is nothing wrong with keeping your virginity until you decide the time is right. In this age where sex is splashed all over the media and we're told what is sexually "normal" and not, the fact remains that sex is a deeply personal experience, and the right time to lose one's virginity to another is a deeply personal decision. It's not a contest to see who (pardon the expression) "pops their cherry" first, nor should it be used to determine one's self-worth. Despite what society tells us, it really has nothing to do with that.

That's not the point. It's about chance, not about choice. For some is a matter of waiting and choosing but for many here is about not having the chance to choose one way or the other.

There's a difference between "I can't find the right person to lose my virginity" to "I can't find a chance to lose my virginity"

Um, yes it is the point. Nowhere in the OP does it specify anything about chance or choice. He was a virgin until 30, so he has every right to post in this thread about his experience and how he feels about it.

And sorry, but yeah, as I said in another thread recently, there are always prostitutes and any number of "whores" that would have sex with anything that moves, so yeah, it is a choice....

I do not now and likely never will endorse going to a prostitute, but it's still an option for anyone out there and that's not likely to change.

Xpendable said:

Believe me, I understand what you're saying, and I felt the same in my earlier years. Sometimes I wondered if I would ever meet someone I could have a sexual experience with, or who would find me attractive in that way. A lot of it had to do with the fact that I didn't feel sexually attractive myself. Believe it or not, one gives off a vibe that others pick up on. Someone who feels sexually unattractive will tend to repel potential partners without even being aware of it themselves. I found that once I started to believe I was a desirable person, women began to find me more attractive. I'm not saying that they descended upon me in droves, but occasional opportunities began to present themselves. When that happened, I found myself in the position of being able to say yes or no, and deciding to pursue those opportunities I felt were good for me and the person I was with.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the case for you. It's just my personal experience. When I really started to love myself (I'm not talking ego, but real self-love and appreciation), I found that I was attracting more of what I had from others. I know that's probably been said 1000 times here, there and everywhere, but it worked for me.

Xpendable said:
Pogo Poodle said:

It is the point when he was only talking about his own experience.

Paraiyar said:
Xpendable said:
Pogo Poodle said:

Nevertheless it was framed in way for the reader to gain something from it.

While I appreciate the sentiment behind the "you must see yourself as desirable first" advice, for some these sort of mental gymnastics are going to be very difficult, particularly those who were relentlessly bullied when they were younger.

ardour said:
Paraiyar said:
Xpendable said:
Pogo Poodle said:

Nevertheless it was framed in way for reader to gain something from it.

I didn't think the first paragraph where he mentioned this was framed that way at all but each to their own interpretation. And with the second paragraph, what he said was still valid regardless of what reason someone is still a virgin for.

Latest posts

Back