I don't get what's wrong with me.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaCoeurNoire

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum! I have issues, that's why I've joined your club. :) I'm a 27 year old single professional female, divorced, I have my stuff together and all in all I'm a pretty good catch. My problem is dating. My divorce wasn't overly dramatic or anything. It wasn't traumatizing in particular. I just don't know how my friends can go from relationship to relationship with such ease and they usually have someone and I'm the token single girl. I get lots of first dates, no second dates though. On a date I'm nice, charming, I let him talk about himself a lot but I just can't seem to find someone who wants me that I want too. I don't want to lower my standards. They're not astronomic or anything. But it seems like when I go out with someone and I like them, they don't call. And when I go out with one who's into me- usually they annoy me. Ugh! Does anyone else have this problem?

Hello LaCoeurNoire, welcome to the forum. :)

Unfortuanatly i cant give much advice as i have never been in a relationship before but perhaps you have just been unlucky with dating. Perhaps if you really like a guy you should give him a call, it might not be the case that the guy isnt interested.

If you are using some kind of service to find dates i guess one problem is that the guys might be going on date's with multiple women so there may be less of a chance the guys will get back to you.

Why is it that the ones that like you all annoy you? Is there really something wrong with every single one of them?

I mean, maybe there is, I'm not you and I don't know you, but sometimes some people have problems with only being attracted to people that they can't have. Just thought I'd suggest the possibility in case you were one of the people because working through that can help you date more healthily if that's the problem.

If it's not the problem . . . .well, then nevermind about this advice.

I've never been married or in a relationship, but I seem to have a similar problem. Whenever I really like a guy, he's not interested in me in the same way.. And the guys that do like me, are usually ones I don't like in that way. It's frustrating! I can never seem to be on the same wave length with people.

The only thing you can do is keep trying. Eventually you'll find someone who you like that likes you back. I also agree with the advice to maybe call the guy back first instead of waiting for him to call you. If you think the date went good, there's no harm in calling first.

LaCoeurNoire said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum! I have issues, that's why I've joined your club. :) I'm a 27 year old single professional female, divorced, I have my stuff together and all in all I'm a pretty good catch. My problem is dating. My divorce wasn't overly dramatic or anything. It wasn't traumatizing in particular. I just don't know how my friends can go from relationship to relationship with such ease and they usually have someone and I'm the token single girl. I get lots of first dates, no second dates though. On a date I'm nice, charming, I let him talk about himself a lot but I just can't seem to find someone who wants me that I want too. I don't want to lower my standards. They're not astronomic or anything. But it seems like when I go out with someone and I like them, they don't call. And when I go out with one who's into me- usually they annoy me. Ugh! Does anyone else have this problem?
Well you married someone once.

Can't you repeat the trick again? Or do you think that only will attract people like your ex-husband?

tehdreamer said:
The only thing you can do is keep trying. Eventually you'll find someone who you like that likes you back. I also agree with the advice to maybe call the guy back first instead of waiting for him to call you. If you think the date went good, there's no harm in calling first.

Keep trying... rethink your game plan... try new tactics ... then main thing is your actively working for what you want! No amount of hard work is rewarded with zero gains... you'll either become better at attracting the right girls/guys or actually landing one. :)

It's when you stop trying that you fail outright.... so don't sit idle. :p

Hi there. umm maybe you just got to have to give yourself some more time .. maybe ur not ready. i mean ur not ready to start a new love life.just enjoy what you have now.. it'll come. :)

Latest posts

Back