Obsessed With Finding Someone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who is extremely private and closed, I think I can answer mostly yes.

I had the fortune of having a wonderful girlfriend for a single year about 3 years ago. She truly was the only person I could tell anything. There was nothing I would feel uncomfortable about hiding from her.

I didn't realise before I met her, but having this someone to be able to share anything you like with is just so incredibly valuable. And now that's it's gone and been gone for 3 years. Life seems harder I guess : )

We all have our different reasons for wanting relationships I guess. Before I was ever in one, I was actually never too bothered about girls. I just took what came along xD. But now after I know how important it is for me, yes I do feel the... almost desperation... that you talk of about finding someone. Desperation isn't the right word though =x. Longing, wondering and hope perhaps.

But I think it's nice that you think this way Lost Soul. I'm sure that you will find that someone : )

I was with someone for three years and I loved him but he had lots of emotional problems. I go out on dates sometimes and there nice but haven't met anyone I see myself with. I'm about love and if nothing is there I move along.

Sometimes you gotta become your own best friend and love yourself. Than things come into play, it's not good to rush into things. It's better to let them find you. In the past I was really depressed and fell for a lot of bad guys. Now though I really want someone who can be my best friend and love me as well. I know not all men will share my beliefs on life and feel compatable with me. Once a person loves you inside and out and even love you cause you have a few flaws you found true love. And when you find that guy. Never let him go. :)

Are you lonely?

Yes

Do you constantly think about being with someone?

Yes

Do you sometimes go out of your way to find people like you?

Yes. Isn't that why we are all on this site?

Do you think, that when you find someone you fancy, or if they are similar to you, you automatically think that they cold be the one?

Someone to fill the hole deep inside me.

You can't help but wonder, do you stand a chance with them?

Perhaps I might do a "what if" -- but it is just a fantasy.

You really want to talk to and get to know someone, that has a lot in common with you or captures your interests, but you're insecure and afraid of being hurt/rejected?

Yes. I wish you would contact me, Lost Soul.

Does it bother you when you see someone of your interest with a boy/girlfriend?

N/A

Are you lonely?

Yes.

Do you constantly think about being with someone?

Yes.

Do you sometimes go out of your way to find people like you?

Not really. I think my loneliness has made me pretty flexible in terms of who I'm interested in. I'm only 20, but as I've aged I've become A LOT less picky about looks and stuff like that. As for personality, all I want is someone who can understand me.

Do you think, that when you find someone you fancy, or if they are similar to you, you automatically think that they cold be the one?

Yes.

You can't help but wonder, do you stand a chance with them?

Yes.

You really want to talk to and get to know someone, that has a lot in common with you or captures your interests, but you're insecure and afraid of being hurt/rejected?

I think if I ever got to the point of being in a relationship I might fear being hurt. But as for now, I'd take getting my heart broken over being alone. At least if my heart was broken I would know that someone liked me at some point.

Does it bother you when you see someone of your interest with a boy/girlfriend?

Yes. I don't hate them for it or anything. It just makes me feel lonely and depressed. Especially when I see someone who is a little quiet or who looks like they might not have the best self-esteem. I always think to myself, wow she might actually understand a guy like me. Maybe she would like me. Then I find out she has a boyfriend and realize that we're not similar at all.

Latest posts

Back