Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a dude related question.

Men's mental health; too often ignored a problem or not?

I get the feeling there's still a stigmata existing and vehiculed at certain levels either by society or individuals that a man is an emotional rock, a punching bag that's supposed to roll with them and never break down and cry. I think awareness is being raised in that respect, yet I still think the stigmata exist, that we're expected to be Conan and Batman instead of breaking down and crying.

Yay or nay?

I would say there are multiples angles to this. From the way mental health and therapy is structured (I can elaborate on that later), how men (or people in general) free up time to dedicate attention to their mental health when they got jobs to do, bills to pay and a family to feed and finally to what I would consider mixed messages from the culture where men are being told they should be free to show their emotions but are then faced with the criticism that they are expressing themselves the wrong way or that they are facing the unspoken social consequences of shown weakness disqualifying them from the relationship market. No matter what women or men might tell you, they will not look at you as more mature and respected when you show your emotions the same way that the average woman does. But perhaps we can meet more in the middle.

On a side note, I know the Conan and Batman examples should just illustrate a point but I think it's necessary to say that the average man does not gain the mass approval of women, hero status or plentiful resources as a consequence of basic stoicism...he's just another man doing what he ought to be doing.

Personally, I cried a lot as a kid and even as teenager at the age of 14/15. I couldn't afford to care much about the approval of boys or girls for showing vulnerability publicly like that but suffice to say I was one of the nerdy outsiders mostly ignored by everybody anyway.

RodentI would say there are multiples angles to this. From the way mental health and therapy is structured (I can elaborate on that later), how men (or people in general) free up time to dedicate attention to their mental health when they got jobs to do, bills to pay and a family to feed and finally to what I would consider mixed messages from the culture where men are being told they should be free to show their emotions but are then faced with the criticism that they are expressing themselves the wrong way or that they are facing the unspoken social consequences of shown weakness disqualifying them from the relationship market. No matter what women or men might tell you, they will not look at you as more mature and respected when you show your emotions the same way that the average woman does. But perhaps we can meet more in the middle.

On a side note, I know the Conan and Batman examples should just illustrate a point but I think it's necessary to say that the average man does not gain the mass approval of women, hero status or plentiful resources as a consequence of basic stoicism...he's just another man doing what he ought to be doing.

Personally, I cried a lot as a kid and even as teenager at the age of 14/15. I couldn't afford to care much about the approval of boys or girls for showing vulnerability publicly like that but suffice to say I was one of the nerdy outsiders mostly ignored by everybody anyway.

Indeed, there are multiple angles to this and it's a complex question.
I particularly like your "mixed message" point and is generally the one I was refering, moreso than say female approval or the relationship market (because I, personally, on that particular aspect, could not give less of a toss lol, but moving on). As relates to my own personal life example, I was confronted once with, if you've read my personal situation by "If this would happen to me, I wouldn't hesitate; I'd kill him" which to me is the perfect example of machismo or "male behavior" we've been structured to adopt. To which I replied "Alright, tough guy; you're better than me; let's go, let's go kill him". Which naturally produced the opposite reaction, with sudden recoil and the abandonment of said machismo in favor of a more natural attitude. Which to me, sent me the message "Okay, I'm supposed to be tougher and act like a man, but a man can't even act like a man himself". Which makes the criticism of "you're supposed to be tougher" rather irrelevant a matter, because you're really not.
I find this bias, this mostly-publicity or socially constructed "macho" image presented to men as complitely ridiculous, as opposed to the common, "normal" reaction, which is basically to break down and cry. And that SHOULD be fine, because it's a hard situation to deal with.
Yet often enough, as pertains to even the reactions of people in your every day lives, you're supposed to "act tougher". Which is ridiculous.

I often like to say the label "men" and women" is rather obsolete and that "individual" is a better way to tag people, if people insist on using labels and that our focus from thinking of men as "Men" and women as "Women" is useless as opposed to thinking of "Men" and "Women" as people instead, would you view this as a correct assumption or as a naively formulated concept? As relates to mental health, I feel the pressures put both on men to be "rocks" and women to be "princesses" (notice how the latter is evolving in publicity, media and the like, but not the former) is so completely archaic as should be removed entirely.

I've been personally following therapies where a recurrent theme is "how do you feel" and actually expressing or wondering said feelings is so completely out of place, not because I do not feel them but because it's become so out of place to express said feelings that it DOES indeed have an impact on mental health. Since societal roles have been pretty much encouraged and ingrained since birth, it literally creates disturbance that profoundly affect our identities and conceptions of ourselves and, I've discovered, gives us difficulties in dealing with certain events.
Which is why I feel it's an undertalked problems, because while in the past months I've seen several dozen organisations dealing with women's social problems or mental health, I've seen only a handful dealing with men's, some of which are not even specifically designed to deal with such. It's rather incongruous to me.

Is behavior really conditionned towards mass approval? I'm reading again the Conan and Batman comments and am wondering if that's what your saying and if so, how out of place that seems to me. Our health shouldn't be tied to mass approval, should it?
One thing I do find a crying need is the following taken off of Wikipedia; "Women are twice as likely as men to be diagnosed with forms of depression, whereas men are three times more likely to be given a diagnosis of a social anxiety disorder than women". Yet services are next to non-existent as to men-specific mental health groups. Even more true in the case of ethnic minorities.

I hope I'm making sense. Sometimes the French gets in the way but others, the way the ideas kind of jumble I feel it hard to clearly illustrate them.

EDIT: Sorry, I screwed up the quotes and can't fix it lol

kamya said:
Too often ignored but it's not something that I think will ever change.

No one cares about men's issues. =P

I'm discovering it's not the case with mental health professionals, but much more so in the population at large.

Rodent said:
.... or that they are facing the unspoken social consequences of shown weakness disqualifying them from the relationship market. No matter what women or men might tell you, they will not look at you as more mature and respected when you show your emotions the same way that the average woman does.

Yea that's the reason this is unlikely to become the norm, despite decades and feminism with gender critical politics coming to the fore lately.

It's a bit much to tell men to open up when the basis for attractiveness in men continues to be unburstable confidence and stoicism. Men are aware of enough of this, they aren't going to risk damaging long term relationships or their ability to find a partner, not when it's far from certain this won't on some level make them seem a lot less appealing as a boyfriend/husband.

Richard_39 said:

I get the feeling there's still a stigmata existing and vehiculed at certain levels either by society or individuals that a man is an emotional rock, a punching bag that's supposed to roll with them and never break down and cry. I think awareness is being raised in that respect, yet I still think the stigmata exist, that we're expected to be Conan and Batman instead of breaking down and crying.

Yay or nay?

Male mental health is still largely ignored. It seems that efforts are being made to tackle the issue, but society doesn't advance as quickly as we would like. So, there may be adverts on TV telling men to open up, and there may be articles telling men that crying is both healthy and necessary, and there may be scores of women elevating the sensitive man as the beacon of modern masculinity, but it simply isn't true in practice. Men are still expected to bottle everything up. If a man cries, he is viewed as weak. If a man is depressed, he is viewed as weak. Men are not allowed to feel anymore, not like they did in ancient cultures and not like they currently do in many other cultures. It seems that British and American men suffer with this burden of being unshakable and stoic in the face of hardship. 

I am a man who suffers with depression. Every day, I get up, I put my troubles away and I carry on. Does it mean I don't feel? No. It means I am able to be courageous and strong in the face of adversity. However, I am reticent to talk about it. I am not an emotional person, so crying isn't a big thing for me, but if I do need to cry, I do not allow those tears to fall in front of anyone (unless I'm drunk) but instead take myself away to a quiet place and do it privately. Again, does it mean I am not a man? No, it means I am human and I cry when I need to. Society does not see things like that, however, so I do not feel I can be these things publicly. I am proud I stand tall in the fight against depression every day, and I am not ashamed that I occasionally cry, but I am still not comfortable to expose these aspects of myself because they simply aren't accepted. 

This need to hide is in itself problematic as I believe that it can add to a man's mental illness. We all need a support network. When I reach a point where I cannot hold anymore inside, I have my partner and one of my sisters to talk to. Not everyone has that. I don't believe men should be publicly airing their issues and emotions because society doesn't accept it yet, but I do believe every man needs to find those he can trust and be comfortable enough in himself to express himself freely to them. It is those who don't have even that that I feel are the most vulnerable and the ones most urgently in need of support.

jean-vic said:
Richard_39 said:

Yay or nay?

Male mental health is still largely ignored. It seems that efforts are being made to tackle the issue, but society doesn't advance as quickly as we would like. So, there may be adverts on TV telling men to open up, and there may be articles telling men that crying is both healthy and necessary, and there may be scores of women elevating the sensitive man as the beacon of modern masculinity, but it simply isn't true in practice. Men are still expected to bottle everything up. If a man cries, he is viewed as weak. If a man is depressed, he is viewed as weak. Men are not allowed to feel anymore, not like they did in ancient cultures and not like they currently do in many other cultures. It seems that British and American men suffer with this burden of being unshakable and stoic in the face of hardship. 

I am a man who suffers with depression. Every day, I get up, I put my troubles away and I carry on. Does it mean I don't feel? No. It means I am able to be courageous and strong in the face of adversity. However, I am reticent to talk about it. I am not an emotional person, so crying isn't a big thing for me, but if I do need to cry, I do not allow those tears to fall in front of anyone (unless I'm drunk) but instead take myself away to a quiet place and do it privately. Again, does it mean I am not a man? No, it means I am human and I cry when I need to. Society does not see things like that, however, so I do not feel I can be these things publicly. I am proud I stand tall in the fight against depression every day, and I am not ashamed that I occasionally cry, but I am still not comfortable to expose these aspects of myself because they simply aren't accepted. 

This need to hide is in itself problematic as I believe that it can add to a man's mental illness. We all need a support network. When I reach a point where I cannot hold anymore inside, I have my partner and one of my sisters to talk to. Not everyone has that. I don't believe men should be publicly airing their issues and emotions because society doesn't accept it yet, but I do believe every man needs to find those he can trust and be comfortable enough in himself to express himself freely to them. It is those who don't have even that that I feel are the most vulnerable and the ones most urgently in need of support.

There. That's basically what I was trying to say, but far more eloquently put than I could.

For example, right now, this morning, I'm shaky as a leaf. I came to work barely functional and I have to discard the billions of things going through my head and the will to sleep through the entire day, not to mention break people's skulls for no reason on the way to work, because I have a highly intellectually demanding job I have trouble dealing with and am close to losing. Nervous wreck.
I was offered psychological help when I was off, but that psychological help hasn't helped me much in the way of solving my life problems. Seems there's little support for men with psychological distress, besides seeing someone one hour every two weeks, which, in my case at least, is clearly insufficient. Whereas my ex, for example, has been financially taken care off, is getting help findig a new residence and a myriad of other things, including freebies. That is not a criticism of her or of help coming towards women at all.
It's a criticism that all things are not equal.
Night after night I am talking to her crying on the phone helping her up while hearing her tell me how close she is to breaking point. And I help her. While totally ignoring the fact that I'm just about as close to breaking, if not more, than she is. But I'm not expected to mention it. The last time I did was "Man up, take courage, fight harder" and variations of that, by herself as much as other people. Not what's currently needed right now. I need someone to say "okay, I'll take care of this for you now, it'll help you take one level of stress off your life", which is not something available to men. Yet. I've looked.

So things are not equal. Maybe it's just "baby crying" or some such. At least, that's what's often told. Yet, all things not being equal, that's what doesn't get told to everyone. I find the unfairness of the thing very discomfitting because it shouldn't be. It just should NOT be so.

I'll just remove my initial quoted post or this will be an endless wall...

Richard_39 said:
Indeed, there are multiple angles to this and it's a complex question.
I particularly like your "mixed message" point and is generally the one I was refering, moreso than say female approval or the relationship market (because I, personally, on that particular aspect, could not give less of a toss lol, but moving on). As relates to my own personal life example, I was confronted once with, if you've read my personal situation by "If this would happen to me, I wouldn't hesitate; I'd kill him" which to me is the perfect example of machismo or "male behavior" we've been structured to adopt. To which I replied "Alright, tough guy; you're better than me; let's go, let's go kill him". Which naturally produced the opposite reaction, with sudden recoil and the abandonment of said machismo in favor of a more natural attitude. Which to me, sent me the message "Okay, I'm supposed to be tougher and act like a man, but a man can't even act like a man himself". Which makes the criticism of "you're supposed to be tougher" rather irrelevant a matter, because you're really not.
I find this bias, this mostly-publicity or socially constructed "macho" image presented to men as complitely ridiculous, as opposed to the common, "normal" reaction, which is basically to break down and cry. And that SHOULD be fine, because it's a hard situation to deal with.
Yet often enough, as pertains to even the reactions of people in your every day lives, you're supposed to "act tougher". Which is ridiculous.

You'd be right, the female approval thing is just one aspect and it's a line of thinking which I come across more frequently as a young man observing others of my age. But there is an issue with male identity in general. What is a real man and why do man need to earn an identity in the first place? We seem to have been rather successful decoupling motherhood from womanhood after all.

What does structured to adopt mean really? I always think that contemporary law enforcement is the modernization and sophistication of tribal revenge and honor culture, some aspects being socialized and others just what males of a species naturally do - enforcing rules. I wouldn't necessarily consider what that other person said as an example of typical male behavior though - after all, he was never truly serious about following this statement with the clearly (now) illegal act of enacting personal revenge. He is just a parody of that. Unless machismo is the parody of acting as judge, jury and executioner but never following up on one's statements with actions. And does "natural attitude" mean as-it-should-be-in-nature or natural for that particular person? I don't want to make too many assumptions...because killing a violator of social rules sounds a lot more natural than refraining from doing that.

Admittedly, I don't know the guy's general demeanor so perhaps he is that kind of guy. Regardless of that, he doesn't know what he's talking about because you do not carelessly make an assumption about how you might feel and act as a consequence of an absolute catastrophe in your life if you never even got close to that before. It's like the statement "If X person close to me died, I couldn't continue living anymore." More often than not, it turns out that you can. And you should and have to.

There's also something to be said for immediate reaction and future action. I do believe that breaking down and crying is an understandable reaction to tragedy and catastrophe in the moment, but it cannot end there. In fact, you could break down and cry first and then still bash the guy's skull in with the tears barely dried. Doesn't actually sound like an uncommon scenario...

Sorry, this turned into quite an analysis.

Richard_39 said:
I often like to say the label "men" and women" is rather obsolete and that "individual" is a better way to tag people, if people insist on using labels and that our focus from thinking of men as "Men" and women as "Women" is useless as opposed to thinking of "Men" and "Women" as people instead, would you view this as a correct assumption or as a naively formulated concept? As relates to mental health, I feel the pressures put both on men to be "rocks" and women to be "princesses" (notice how the latter is evolving in publicity, media and the like, but not the former) is so completely archaic as should be removed entirely.

I would prefer an individualistic approach on virtually all issues but this is not how most people seem to think, let alone be able to. Especially when it comes to "people in distress" it seems a lot harder to get funds and support for men than for women but to make things worse, it also seems harder to gain support for a cause that involves both men and women than for women (and/or children) exclusively.

Richard_39 said:
I've been personally following therapies where a recurrent theme is "how do you feel" and actually expressing or wondering said feelings is so completely out of place, not because I do not feel them but because it's become so out of place to express said feelings that it DOES indeed have an impact on mental health. Since societal roles have been pretty much encouraged and ingrained since birth, it literally creates disturbance that profoundly affect our identities and conceptions of ourselves and, I've discovered, gives us difficulties in dealing with certain events.
Which is why I feel it's an undertalked problems, because while in the past months I've seen several dozen organisations dealing with women's social problems or mental health, I've seen only a handful dealing with men's, some of which are not even specifically designed to deal with such. It's rather incongruous to me.

I've learned to hate that question because it's possible that all it does is making you vent your problems over and over again without a solution. Particularly useless when men deal with tangible real life issues that are not magically resolved by someone listening. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate somebody who listens - actually listens and provides solutions or actively assists. But I had my share of superficial talk and pointless empathy...with regards to this, I have done better writing diary entries for myself where I can evaluate my thought process and make course corrections. I also dislike looking into people's faces/eyes when having real life conversations of that kind. I am not interested in that kind of vulnerability. I happily talk, that's what this is about after all. I'd rather do this and keep my hands and eyes busy otherwise.

My few experiences with mental health institutions and therapists have amounted to "go outside more" and "don't develop an eating disorder". Years ago I was on antidepressants for a while and I felt so unnatural that I slowly lowered my dosage to zero because it messed with my ability to reason properly. It actually took an event completely unrelated to therapy and after I had been off the meds for a while to make me wake up.

Richard_39 said:
Is behavior really conditionned towards mass approval? I'm reading again the Conan and Batman comments and am wondering if that's what your saying and if so, how out of place that seems to me. Our health shouldn't be tied to mass approval, should it?
One thing I do find a crying need is the following taken off of Wikipedia; "Women are twice as likely as men to be diagnosed with forms of depression, whereas men are three times more likely to be given a diagnosis of a social anxiety disorder than women". Yet services are next to non-existent as to men-specific mental health groups. Even more true in the case of ethnic minorities.

I hope I'm making sense. Sometimes the French gets in the way but others, the way the ideas kind of jumble I feel it hard to clearly illustrate them.

No no, that was more descriptive than prescriptive and it was with regards to the specific examples. Conan is a warrior and leader and batman is essentially a knight. Both are variations of heroes with a large following but both are far from what an average man can become. The average man is not a leader or a knight and there cannot be nothing but leaders and knights. If anything we are conditioned to be sufficiently tolerable for the people around us but with enough breathing room to develop as individual as long as we don't infringe on other people's freedoms. Which is okay as far as I'm concerned, we need to be able to cooperate with a variety of people in order to keep society and infrastructure running.

...I actually have another thing on my mind. I already said that I think we should let men have the freedom to express and process their emotions the way they want to. I think that includes being angry which is what I alluded to in the beginning as "the (allegedly) wrong way". But furthermore it includes having male-only spaces where they can engage in the way they want to. Sometimes men are angry but instead of telling them that's "inappropriate" we should ask: Well, what are you gonna do about it? Smash a window, beat somebody in the face? What then though, will that solve the problem?" It's clear that not all problems are solvable internally, but society does indeed lag behind legislation. And frankly, there is not even legislation and resources to properly address men's issues in a genuine way.

Perhaps the most perverse way of addressing it is talking about toxic masculinity and framing it in terms of "men need to be helped so they stop hurting women and children"...if that's the future, god help us all.

Naleena said:
OK, so I'm not a man but, sometimes I would like to know what you guys think :) Soooo here is the thread to do it in.

Here is your first question. When a man asks you what you are doing this weekend, what does that mean? And why do they do that with no intentions of asking a girl out? lol!!! It's like:

Guy: What are you doing this weekend?
Girl: Oh nuttin.
Guy: Well, have fun.
Girl: **thinks to herself** what the hell was that? He asks me what I am doing and then doesn't ask me out**giggles**

One of my usual questions is 'are you doing anything exciting or interesting this weekend?'

To me It's just a general question and nothing more. When I ask I am just being friendly and trying to engage a response that sparks a conversation.

Some people respond with an honest answer. Some even say no nothing exciting but I have too ... so and so. It helps start a chat.

I try not to think to stereotype if I believed that's what most women are thinking then I wouldn't bother trying to make conversation with them.

I'm a hard *******, I can just give that look and people on the footpath will part like the waters as I go thorugh. I eat nails for lunchl. Potential muggers etc just.. don't.

But there's a caveat.

I can do that honeysuckle for the few moments it takes to get me out of a dangerous situation. Generally, I am an utter pussycat and scared of my own shadow.

TheLoadedDog said:
I'm a hard *******,  I can just give that look and people on the footpath will part like the waters as I go thorugh.  I eat nails for lunchl. Potential muggers etc just..  don't.

But there's a caveat.

I can do that honeysuckle for the few moments it takes to get me out of a dangerous situation.  Generally, I am an utter pussycat and scared of my own shadow.

LOL that's funny.
I'm not a particularly brave man myself. Yet when I tell people I've been in hold-ups or been shot at, or fought a man who was trying to stick me with a seringue of blood because he was saying he was seropositive, they look at me as if I'm Rambo. I'm not. I'm 5'10, maybe 200 pounds, sure, wide shoulders and I have mildly respectable guns still, but nothing to write home about anymore. They say "Oh my God, weren't you scared?". Of course I was. Was shitting my pants. But what was I supposed to do? Surrender?

Sometimes, something happens and you don't think. You just react. You realize you're a mite tougher than you thought you were.
I'm sure Leonidas didn't want to go die in a mountain pass. He still did. Someone had to.

So I view myself as the opposite. An utter pussycat. But when the time comes, I know I can channel some Tarzan and try and save Jane. Hope it holds ;-)

When my relationship ended. I wemt to the railway station. No intention of taking the big leap, but she didn't know that, and I feel ashamed to this day. I sent her phone pics of the tracks.

Then I realised I had SCARY ****** face on. I walked up the platform all 6'4" of me, and people averted their eyes. I was wired and dangerous. I didn't want to scare people, and I knew then it was time to go home. So I did.

In my life showing backbone is the only option showing emotion is just not allowed.The one time my voice faltered in front of my daughter when I was upset I was told to' MAN UP',the shame that welled up inside I will never forget. A dark room away from family listening to Neil Young or Madonna whilst plastered is my only sanctuary when upset.Even with my circle of friends its all macho even the women I work with are tougher than alot of men.

For me it's ok ...like father like son .

Why do some guys always seem to want to analyze every rejection? Why do some guys always have to make it into something it's not?

Did it ever occur to you that maybe there is no reason and we just don't want to date you? It doesn't always have to have anything to do with looks or personality or anything else, sometimes, we just don't ******* want to.....

TheRealCallie said:
Why do some guys always seem to want to analyze every rejection?  

Because we want to find the way out of this anguish, that others have never had to deal with and been taking that for granted their entire lives.  Some days I feel like I'd sell my soul for the right answers.  What job do I have to get, what skills and hobbies do I have to do, what topics do I have to be able to talk about, what places I have to go, what demeanor do I have to have, what do I have to do, who do I have to be to get out of this misery.  Being myself has never been enough, not for people I like, not for people I don't, not for anyone, and it feels like the goalposts are always moving.  And all the while I look around and see people that otherwise aren't any more special than I am, and they don't have this problem at all. You wonder what's wrong with you, why the fresia you were chosen for this, what you have to do to make it end. You wonder, will anything you do ever matter? Or will you never find the answer, for the rest of your life?  This is something that you can only understand if you've been there, in that despair, feeling like there's no way out. The only thing I know for sure is that it's not random, since I've seen the same things happen over and over again.

TheRealCallie said:
Why do some guys always seem to want to analyze every rejection?  Why do some guys always have to make it into something it's not?

Did it ever occur to you that maybe there is no reason and we just don't want to date you?  It doesn't always have to have anything to do with looks or personality or anything else, sometimes, we just don't ******* want to.....

It is that reason some of the time probably. Most of the time it is something else though.

Either way most of don't have the luxury of sitting back and waiting for someone to approach us so we have to do the asking. After so many experiences of meeting someone interesting and then asking that person out only to be rejected, it is normal to wonder why all of these people are rejecting you.

When it's a simple case of a standard rejection I personally don't really think too much of it. If the other person is giving mixed signals or being vague or misleading then it can start to get the wheels turning more than they need to.

TheRealCallie said:
Why do some guys always seem to want to analyze every rejection?  Why do some guys always have to make it into something it's not?

Did it ever occur to you that maybe there is no reason and we just don't want to date you?  It doesn't always have to have anything to do with looks or personality or anything else, sometimes, we just don't ******* want to.....

That doesn't make sense.There's always a reason, even "not interested in dating right now" counts (that would probably go out the door if it were someone you were really interested in).

Like Kamya said, we can't just sit back and wait until the right person comes along. We're expected to initiate. After going through a few rejections you want to find out what we might be doing wrong. Unless the guy's deliberately being an arse and pestering you, that's all it is.

How do you guys perceive other women when you're in a happy long lasting relationship?

ardour said:
TheRealCallie said:

That doesn't make sense.There's always a reason, even  "not interested in dating right now" counts (that would probably go out the door if it were someone you were really interested in).

Like Kamya said, we can't just sit back and wait until the right person comes along. We're expected to initiate. After going through a few rejections you want to find out what we might be doing wrong. Unless the guy's deliberately being an arse and pestering you, that's all it is.

Just like you always edit what you say (yes, I saw the original post), you always seem to misinterpret what people write.  By "no reason" I mean no "omg, you're such an ugly loser" reason.  Sometimes, it is simply that we do not want to date.  It's not always personal based on your looks or interests or personality.  It really does say that right there in my post.
I would likely turn down ANYONE that asked me out right now (I say likely because there's always at least some tiny chance that I wouldn't), regardless of whether they were homeless or a ******* millionaire.  Whether they were supermodel sexy or the hunchback of notre dame.  Whether they have similar interests or is into honeysuckle I just don't like.  I do NOT want to date....ANYONE.  That is likely true for at least a few other people in this world, don't you think?  And no, if I turn someone down, I'm not going to give them some long winded reason to make them feel better, I have too much other honeysuckle to do in my life to worry about that honeysuckle, it's not my responsibility.  No, I wouldn't be a ***** about it, but I wouldn't owe them anything either.

Latest posts

Back