Some (controversial) things to boost your confidence with girls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSmith911

Reaction score
I'm not looking to start a huge discussion on the effectiveness of these methods, but just thought I'd share what worked for me in increasing confidence with the opposite sex.

1. I got in good shape. I'll probably make another thread about the specifics, but for now I'll say I worked out 5 times a week (3 weight days and 2 cardio days) and ate clean 5 times a day with 1 cheat meal per week. Its not as hard as some people think, it just takes willpower.

2. I started paying a lot more attention to how I dress and look. A lot of people will say things like, "don't change the way you are for anyone else", but getting a nice haircut and spending a couple hundred dollars on nice brand-name clothes made a big difference for me. If your car is a smelly ugly old POS, I would address that problem ASAP also.

3. This will be controversial. but I also started wearing platform shoes (got mine from tallmenshoes.com). I know a lot of people will say a girl is supposed to like you the way you are, but girls are evolutionarily programmed to look for health traits in selecting a mate - and height is a big factor. IMO it raises your self-esteem a lot when you don't have to always look up at people.

4. This will be even more controversial lol. There is a forum with tens of thousands of members that I want to recommend - phermonetalk.com. They discuss various scent phermone products, which are used to help attract girls and to get other desirable effects (the theory is that these phermones trigger certain reactions in the brain which make the female see you as more desirable. There are other phermones for other purposes, such as for job interviews, etc). Again, I know this will be controversial, but I also don't think tens of thousands of people who be discussing something that has no merit. If you want to buy one, the most popular and my favorite one is A314.

5. I've used online dating to good effect. Don't just make any profile, make sure you read on how to create yours to stand out. There is no need to pay for it, I've had good results with craigslist, plentyoffish, and okcupid. In my opinion, its OK to lie a little to portray yourself in the best light.

MikeSmith911 said:
I'm not looking to start a huge discussion on the effectiveness of these methods, but just thought I'd share what worked for me in increasing confidence with the opposite sex.

1. I got in good shape. I'll probably make another thread about the specifics, but for now I'll say I worked out 5 times a week (3 weight days and 2 cardio days) and ate clean 5 times a day with 1 cheat meal per week. Its not as hard as some people think, it just takes willpower.

2. I started paying a lot more attention to how I dress and look. A lot of people will say things like, "don't change the way you are for anyone else", but getting a nice haircut and spending a couple hundred dollars on nice brand-name clothes made a big difference for me. If your car is a smelly ugly old POS, I would address that problem ASAP also.

3. This will be controversial. but I also started wearing platform shoes (got mine from tallmenshoes.com). I know a lot of people will say a girl is supposed to like you the way you are, but girls are evolutionarily programmed to look for health traits in selecting a mate - and height is a big factor. IMO it raises your self-esteem a lot when you don't have to always look up at people.

4. This will be even more controversial lol. There is a forum with tens of thousands of members that I want to recommend - phermonetalk.com. They discuss various scent phermone products, which are used to help attract girls and to get other desirable effects (the theory is that these phermones trigger certain reactions in the brain which make the female see you as more desirable. There are other phermones for other purposes, such as for job interviews, etc). Again, I know this will be controversial, but I also don't think tens of thousands of people who be discussing something that has no merit. If you want to buy one, the most popular and my favorite one is A314.

5. I've used online dating to good effect. Don't just make any profile, make sure you read on how to create yours to stand out. There is no need to pay for it, I've had good results with craigslist, plentyoffish, and okcupid. In my opinion, its OK to lie a little to portray yourself in the best light.

1. Good
2. Somewhat good. Get a haircut, shave that beard, but for the love of god do not think that big name brands equal style. Its just wrong. I hate wearing stuff with flashy ass logos on it, it look ridiculous. Know what matches, get your own sense of style and have fun with it.
3. Utterly useless, gain confidence in another way. This height bullshit is annoying me, IT IS NOT THE PROBLEM. I see this honeysuckle over and over again "blah blah I can't get girls it must be my height/nose/eyes" NAH BRO, yeah science proves that height is a factor, same goes for waist to shoulder-ratio, but that's not the fckin point!
4. W-T-F bro?
5. Personally no big fan of online dating, utterly useless. Get out there, in real life.

My thoughts on this. I'm glad you made this post, and I'm glad you have changed your life for the better. Big props.

MikeSmith911 said:
4. This will be even more controversial lol. There is a forum with tens of thousands of members that I want to recommend - phermonetalk.com.

Argumentum ad populum fallacy. Just because a lot of people talk about something doesn't mean that its true; I can find plenty of people who believe in all sorts of false things.

IgnoredOne said:
MikeSmith911 said:
4. This will be even more controversial lol. There is a forum with tens of thousands of members that I want to recommend - phermonetalk.com.

Argumentum ad populum fallacy. Just because a lot of people talk about something doesn't mean that its true; I can find plenty of people who believe in all sorts of false things.

Well like I said, I'm not going into a huge discussion into whether it works or not, just throwing it out there. However, there is definitely some scientific evidence out there supporting it and hundreds of positive reviews from members who have no affiliation with the product makers whatsoever. You get a small free trial bottle of it when you sign up, I liked it and I bought more and kept using it. Even if it doesn't "work", I get compliments on the nice smell fairly regularly, more so than I did with any normal cologne.

MikeSmith911 said:

1. You have my 100% support on this one. Especially for young people (12-25). Aside from your physical appearance, its CONFIDENCE that matters. Being in shape makes you feel confident, and girls pick up on that easily. You may not have a six pack, but looking "good" and having the confidence of someone with a six pack will make you a girl magnet.

2. Somewhat agree on this. Having a properly maintained hair is important (no matter what style). Clothes is also important, not looking like the 1940's will surely make you look better. Cars, well, make sure its properly maintained and not looking like its been in the mud.

3. Although I agree that height is important as first impressions, I don't think you should go to an extend to buy stuff to make you look taller.

4. Not sure about this one. Keep it moderate. Keep proper hygiene. If its a "date" then sure use a little cologne (just a small hint of it in my opinion).

5. No comment.

I think you make many great points. Most of them, while not enough to "get you a girl", will at least stop you from turning off a potential love interest.
Wearing dirty laundry clothing, not cleaning your teeth, foul smelling will turn away someone before you even have a chance to get to know them.

Just wanted to add that #3 applies even more for going out/club scene. Most girls will be wearing heels so if you're short already, the difference will be exaggerated further and will have a negative effect on your confidence. I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing shoes with higher platform, especially in these going out situations. I noticed they also helped improve my posture as an added benefit.

There's studies that suggest that girls consider men with lean, kinda-muscular bodies to be most attractive, rather than ones with bigger muscles. Most girls I know hate the whole Beefy McBigPecs look.

MikeSmith911 said:

It depends on who you want to be and who you want to attract. Just be careful that when the clock strikes 12, your fragrance wears off, your hair's all messy, you're not so tall anymore and you spilled out your beans about lying on your profile a bit, that she will still like you for who you are, cos that's what matters really.

Personally, I think a guy is at his best when he's wearing his casual wear of plain shirt and pants. Then he'd be huggable and I wouldn't worry about messing up his designer clothes. But that's just me, probably.

aaand... my thought on that site having lotsa members, of course a site (or subject) like that would have plenty of members because it offers instant gratification, easy access, painless process. Who wouldn't want to buy a cologne that gets you a girl, gets you the job, just by wearing it? But the thing is, the best it can do is get you a date, on that end, you'll have to work your way out to get a girlfriend. If you are all fake and surface, I don't think a girl would like you that much, well aside from those who are merely looking for flings and someone to look good with.

But either way, good luck and hope you get what you want :)

What if you don't have a car?
how many points do you lose vs having a car that's improperly maintained?

jjam said:
What if you don't have a car?
how many points do you lose vs having a car that's improperly maintained?

I have addressed this in another thread. It depends on where you live, of course, but having a car is good evidence of your personal responsibilty and ability to take care of yourself.

I guess you can do all that if you don't mind being totally fake. (hmm) I guess you can do that if you'd like to attract other fake plastic people... Have fun with that...

Latest posts

Back