Thinking about online dating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gabriel20 said:
Good luck,Katerina,hope thing's work out OK for you. :)

Thank you Gabriel :) . I hope so, we're meeting for lunch and a drink, I'll probably be too nervous too eat much but hopefully we'll get along. If not then at least it's a learning experience for next time.

Katerina said:
gabriel20 said:
Good luck,Katerina,hope thing's work out OK for you. :)

Thank you Gabriel :) . I hope so, we're meeting for lunch and a drink, I'll probably be too nervous too eat much but hopefully we'll get along. If not then at least it's a learning experience for next time.

Good luck Katerina!Hope you'll have a nice time! :)

Katerina said:
Just to say that I'm actually meeting up with someone from the site today. So currently super nervous! Not sure how things will go but hey at least it's something.

Good luck, Katerina. Have a good time. :)

Thanks guys :)

It went okay although I think we got along on more of a friend level than in a romantic one. I was worried about not having things to say but we chatted along pretty well. He didn't think I came off as shy at all. It was an interesting experience and hopefully I won't get as nervous about this kind of thing in future.

Did you friend-zone him?

Or he you?

Anyhow, better luck next time :)

Oldyoung said:
Did you friend-zone him?

Or he you?

Anyhow, better luck next time :)

I guess I friendzoned him. Felt bad doing it, but hopefully we can still get along.

Had high hopes for you,Katerina.

Kept my finger's crossed!

If it's meant to be,it will happen!

At least you made a friend!

Wish you luck for the future!

I met someone else from a dating website last weekend. It was an enjoyable 4 hours.
As usual, I can't get them to respond to messages afterwards.

Katerina said:

It went okay although I think we got along on more of a friend level than in a romantic one.

I have no idea how people can come off on a "romantic level" on a first time meeting. Unfortunately I have found that every woman I meet requires some kind of romantic connection immediately.
For me, that would take months to happen. I would have to get to know and trust the person first.

I think there as to be a spark of attraction on the first date.
And that's purely looks.
Don't they say people make their minds up in the first 5 seconds of meeting somebody ?

Triple Bogey said:
And that's purely looks.
Don't they say people make their minds up in the first 5 seconds of meeting somebody ?

*Facepalm*

Batman55 said:
Triple Bogey said:
And that's purely looks.

*Facepalm*

if you've got something to say - Say it !
what the fresia is a facepalm anyway ?

Triple Bogey said:
And that's purely looks.

For some people, perhaps. But not for everyone. Sometimes it's their character or personality or charm that sparks the attraction, and those things have got nothing to do with physical appearance at all.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous to make up one's mind about the other person in the first 5 seconds, it's too soon to conclude anything about them.

Triple Bogey said:
Batman55 said:
*Facepalm*
what the fresia is a facepalm anyway ?

181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

triple-facepalm.jpg

triple+facepalm.jpg

sorry, I just love facepalm :)

ladyforsaken said:
Triple Bogey said:
And that's purely looks.

For some people, perhaps. But not for everyone. Sometimes it's their character or personality or charm that sparks the attraction, and those things have got nothing to do with physical appearance at all.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous to make up one's mind about the other person in the first 5 seconds, it's too soon to conclude anything about them.

It's not something I made up. I have read it several times. I think it's 2 minutes not 5 seconds though, I got that wrong. Very clever people, scientists have done years of research on human behaviour and come to that conclusion. I have read it several times over the years. I have also seen tv programs as well. This program about speed dating was interesting. These people were told not to talk at all and the person opposite would give a score out of 100. The second time around, they were allowed to talk and get to know the person. They gave a score for that as well. At the end the people doing the experiment looked at both scores and they were roughly the same. For everybody, both sexes !

The conclusion was the second part of it, the normal speed dating bit was redundant. Everybody had already made their minds up without the person even talking !

I saw this program and found it interesting. I am just passing it on.

Triple Bogey said:
This program about speed dating was interesting. These people were told not to talk at all and the person opposite would give a score out of 100. The second time around, they were allowed to talk and get to know the person. They gave a score for that as well. At the end the people doing the experiment looked at both scores and they were roughly the same. For everybody, both sexes !

It's obvious that they didn't include me in the survey because my scores would have been extremely different.

blackdot said:
I met someone else from a dating website last weekend. It was an enjoyable 4 hours.
As usual, I can't get them to respond to messages afterwards.

Katerina said:

It went okay although I think we got along on more of a friend level than in a romantic one.

I have no idea how people can come off on a "romantic level" on a first time meeting. Unfortunately I have found that every woman I meet requires some kind of romantic connection immediately.
For me, that would take months to happen. I would have to get to know and trust the person first.

I am the same as you, but no one wants to hang out long enough, if you don't sleep with them on the first or second date you are out.

Batman55 said:
Triple Bogey said:
And that's purely looks.

*Facepalm*

FACEPALM? It's the truth. Everyone does it, even if at a subconscious level.

ladyforsaken said:
Triple Bogey said:
And that's purely looks.

So you're saying that a relationship can be had with no PHYSICAL attraction whatsoever? You've never gone on a first date and thought "I'm just not physically attracted to him"? I find both hard to believe. :)

Latest posts

Back