I think about you guys so often :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuietGuy

Reaction score
(Get your tissues ready, here comes a soppy post :D)

I cannot express how grateful I am that this site exists. In the couple of months that I've been here, this has become a very special place for me.

When I'm not able to be on the site (ie. because I'm at work), I think about all you guys so often, wondering how your day is going, wondering if each of you is happy or sad today, wondering how each of you is coping with your loneliness in its various forms, hoping that each of you is finding a way to keep your hope alive.

The thing that strikes me the most is how genuine the conversations are here. Unlike many conversations I find myself in elsewhere, which are often shallow, superficial, "fake-nice", "plastic", etc, everyone's responses here are so honest, thoughtful, heartfelt, genuine, sincere and constructive. It really restores my faith in humanity.

I want to say a big thank you to our lovely moderators, Eve, Minus, Steel and VanillaCreme, for keeping our site so clean and friendly and welcoming.

I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone who's replied to (or even just read) my posts, listened patiently while I've vented, and just generally been so caring and supportive. You've made (and continue to make) a really big difference to my life.

A big warm group hug to you all :D

grouphug2.jpg

It's easy to be supportive to you. You're a Sweety! This post is just another example of that fact. Passing tissues to the left....:)
I have to agree with what you said. This is a great site!

The best sort of kindness is always kindness from strangers, is it not? :)

(((((hugs)))))

*passes tissues* awwww! I haven't been here long enough to be included in this yet, but that was seriously the sweetest post! I think there's more to QG than first meets the eye. =)

im the same way. a lot of times at work i think about how i kinda cant wait to get on the site when i get home and go into chat.

Yes, I am pretty great, aren't I?

lol just kidding.

I also enjoy this site and the people on it. It sounds stupid to say it, but I almost consider everyone on here to be a 2nd family. *shrug* :D

thank you for such an awesome post. it's good to hear that you have found this site welcoming and helpful.

Badjedidude said:
Yes, I am pretty great, aren't I?

lol just kidding.

I also enjoy this site and the people on it. It sounds stupid to say it, but I almost consider everyone on here to be a 2nd family. *shrug* :D

you ARE great, BJD.

Thank you as always for your kind replies :)

I really do mean it when I say you've made a difference to my life. I can't exactly explain why, but being here, reading all your words of wisdom, posting my thoughts and receiving your replies, has really boosted my confidence. I'm doing things now that I would never have dreamed of being capable of doing a few months ago.

For example, today I asked a sweet girl at work if she'd like to join me for lunch. (Not like a date or anything, just a friendly invitation to spend our lunch hour together.) She said yes, and we had such a fun time together. It was the first time I'd really chatted to her properly, and the conversation flowed so easily and effortlessly.

Seems like a simple thing to do, ask a girl out to lunch, but a few months ago, I would never have had the courage to do such a thing. I would've been filled with "what if" fears, eg: "What if she thinks I'm a weirdo for asking such a direct question? It'd be much safer to not even try." But with my new-found confidence, asking her out to lunch was really quite easy and only a little scary. A couple of weeks ago, I asked another sweet girl at work out to lunch, and we had a similarly great time together. It makes me feel so happy :)

Another fear that I'm quickly overcoming is fear of initiating friendly physical contact with girls. (I'm not talking about touching each other intimately when in a relationship; I'm fine with that.) I've often noticed that when people of opposite sex are getting to know each other and enjoying each other's company, they will sometimes touch each other on the upper arm as a sign of affection (not romantic, just friendly). A few months ago, I would've been terrified of touching a girl in this way. The "what if" fears would always say things like: "What if she freaks out and thinks I'm trying to grope her?" I would never have attempted it; I would never have even contemplated it. It would've seemed completely alien to my nature. But these fears have almost disappeared now, and I'm just so grateful. I now feel comfortable giving my close female friends a gentle touch on their arm when the moment seems appropriate. It's quite an intense thing for me, probably because I'm not used to doing it, but I feel so happy to be able to express my (non-romantic) affection for my female friends like this.

On a similar subject, I think my confidence in flirting is also increasing. As I've mentioned before, I'm quite strongly attracted to a girl I know, and I wanted to give her some sort of indication of my feelings towards her. I now feel quite comfortable giving her occasional touches on her arm, but I knew I needed to do more than this. So, summoning every ounce of courage in my entire being, I gently stroked her knee for a couple of seconds. Wow, did that take some courage. I would've required less courage to put my head inside a lion's mouth. But here's the amazing part. She didn't run away screaming in terror. And I think she might've even got the message I was trying to give her. That was quite an amazing experience for me. A genuine confidence booster.

And as I say, I really think it has something to do with spending time on this site with all you wonderful guys, listening to your words of wisdom and encouragement. (Not just your replies to my posts, but all your interesting discussions.)

So thank you again. You're making a real difference to my life, as I'm sure you are to many other members' lives too, maybe in more ways than you realise.

Hmm, I feel a strange desire to end this post with a cuddly animal photo :D :p

polarbear10291.jpg

^^^AWESOME! :D

Sounds like you're definitely revving up your engines and getting ready to race through life! Kudos for that! :D

Just never lose that positive attitude and you'll do great. :)

Wooohoo! You're in the fast lane now, QG! =)
Seriously, you're always so perfectly polite I can't help but smile when I read you. Best of luck in everything you attempt/do/dream.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww*GLOMP HUGS QUIET GUY*

XD

thankyou so much that is so sweet, I think about you too often

and just knowing that someone somewhere out there is thinking about me and hoping I'm alright is what makes me able to get through those really tough days

And we're thinking about you too and praying that you're doing well

<3

:D <3

*hugs*

QuietG---
I soo hope your new found boost sees the beginning of many years of happiness for you. You're a keeper, for sure...:)

I hope that everything will work for you Quietguy. I stand behind you in you "thanking" the people on this forum for your new found confidence. Everybody want to find that here.

You're an example for all of us!

Wow that's great news Quiet Guy! It's great to hear your on top of the world right now, I'm really excited for you. If you let this girl see what you show to us here and she'll be thrilled to be with you :) Just remember to keep us posted!

Latest posts

Back