are there any musicians on ALL?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedom

Reaction score
are you a musician? if so, what do you play? do you sing?

i play the alto sax and i also sing. i'm trying to start a career as a singer but i don't know where to start or what to even do. i've been thinking of just calling up different coffee houses and restaurants and asking if they'll let me come and sing a few songs on open mic night or whatever, but i'm kind of nervous because i have no idea what i'm doing.

i'd love to hear from all of you.

what words of advice can you offer me?

I am a wannabe musician. Never learned to play anything :( So I just doodle with software.

I have no musical ability, but I know there are a few really really good musicians here !!

Maybe, if you want, go check out the "express yourself" forum. There are some EXCELLENT musicians there

Oh, and I wrote a song once :( On fruity loops :(

mostly just random samples and beats, it was awful

eris: yeah, frooty loops is really good for making music. i'll be sure to check out the "express yourself" forum, and maybe upload a video someday if i ever get the chance. wish me luck :)

((((luck)))) :p Im sure youll do great

the sax is cool, although im not too sure the difference between "alto" sax and others.

Is there a soprano sax ? haha, that would be neat !

eris said:
((((luck)))) :p Im sure youll do great

the sax is cool, although im not too sure the difference between "alto" sax and others.

Is there a soprano sax ? haha, that would be neat !

yes, there is a soprano saxophone, but it looks a little different than the more common alto, tenor, and barritone saxes.

how cute :)

I googled

Saxes.jpg

what kind of music do you play ? I know from some of your posts you like SOAD and such. Can you play these songs on sax ?

Hey there! Nice to see a musician around here. :D

I play the piano and compose music.

What is your "level" of skills with the sax? Advanced, intermediate, beginner?

There are PLENTY of musicians on here... of varying skill. :p

I play guitar and drums, mostly. I'd say that jazz is my area of interest.

I play piano and also learning the violin. I don't think I'll ever be a performer but I really dig playing music. It's incredibly relaxing.

Teresa

^^^AHHHHHHhhhh kudos on learning the violin! I love the sound of it... probably my favorite instrument, but one for which I have no natural talent. :(

So good luck with it! ^_^

I'm not a professional, but I'd like to think I'm pretty competent at the guitar

eris said:
how cute :)

I googled

Saxes.jpg

what kind of music do you play ? I know from some of your posts you like SOAD and such. Can you play these songs on sax ?

actually, i haven't tried playing any SOAD songs. i know how to play "overburdened" by disturbed, and "the unfogiven III" by metallica. i try and stick to playing jazzy and big band music because that's the way i was taught back when i was in middle school. it's very relaxing :)

Nyu001 said:
Hey there! Nice to see a musician around here. :D

I play the piano and compose music.

What is your "level" of skills with the sax? Advanced, intermediate, beginner?

i'm an advanced player. i wish i knew how to play the piano. i've been meaning to buy a keyboard to try and learn to play, but i haven't made the time to shop around for one. i also write some music, but mostly i write poetry.

i'm thinking about converting some of my poems into songs, though...

I've been playing electric guitar since I was 12 (taught myself, too :p)!
& I learned to play violin when I was 10 & 11...
I also learned to play piano & drums, but I absolutely suck & both!
<3

XspydurX said:
I've been playing electric guitar since I was 12 (taught myself, too :p)!
& I learned to play violin when I was 10 & 11...
I also learned to play piano & drums, but I absolutely suck & both!
<3

that's cool :) i wish i knew how to play the electric guitar.

i also know how to play the drums, but i'm also not very good at them. i need to practice more ;)

I'm a music teacher. I studied at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama (in Scotland, obviously).

I would describe myself as a musician only when I'm doing things that are musical that aren't teaching. I play the organ, I do occasional other stuff.

freedom said:
are you a musician? if so, what do you play? do you sing?

i play the alto sax and i also sing. i'm trying to start a career as a singer but i don't know where to start or what to even do. i've been thinking of just calling up different coffee houses and restaurants and asking if they'll let me come and sing a few songs on open mic night or whatever, but i'm kind of nervous because i have no idea what i'm doing.

i'd love to hear from all of you.

what words of advice can you offer me?

I'm proficient on guitar, piano and drumkit

my main instrument these dyas is the guitar

some sampled based noise/electronic/ambient sort of stuff

Latest posts

Back