Question... might be pathetic

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Among the Sleep

Reaction score
I'd really love to get a woman's opinion on my looks. I'm not looking for a compliment or just to get my ego padded. I'd really like an appreciate an honest assessment. I think I'm kind of an average looking guy. Not great looking, not ugly, at least most days I don't feel ugly. but I don't know...cause I've had very little luck with women. Maybe I'm feeling insecure today. But if there are any females (or honeysuckle...even gay guys, I honestly don't care lol) who would be willing to give me an HONEST assessment of the way I look, I'd honestly appreciate it a lot. Or maybe a few of the people I've already sent pics to here? I'm too scared/nervous to post my pic publicly, but I'd like to find out if it's just my looks that are holding me back with women, cause I feel like that's the case sometimes. Feel encouraged to message me and I'll respond with a couple of pictures.

Well, if you want me to be perfectly honest with you... I would not date you because you are a drug user.

Psycho Love said:
You're pretty cute bro, honestly.

hey thanks, you're very pretty so I'm glad you're saying that :p

SophiaGrace said:
Psycho Love said:
You're pretty cute bro, honestly.

Yeah physically you may be fine, it's just, that, drug thing that'd drive me away

Wasn't really the question but thanks for the honesty anyway. But I also don't really broadcast that. It's not like whenever I meet a girl I say "HEY my name's John, wanna go blow some Percocet?"

Among the Sleep said:
It's not like whenever I meet a girl I say "HEY my name's John, wanna go blow some Percocet?"

Sorry to put you on the defensive.

Sometimes it really isn't looks that's the issue.

SophiaGrace said:
Among the Sleep said:
It's not like whenever I meet a girl I say "HEY my name's John, wanna go blow some Percocet?"

It's OK I wasn't offended. And yeah, agreed. Just like, fresia...I really can't figure it out lol. I just have a kind of goofy personality and I think I give off a bit of an "I hate myself" vibe

I can't see your face clearly but it looks like you live in a skybase, and aren't they the reserve of supervillans?

Seriously though post us a pic and we can tell :)

jzinsky said:
I can't see your face clearly but it looks like you live in a skybase, and aren't they the reserve of supervillans?

Seriously though post us a pic and we can tell :)

Not exactly :p

I'm a little neurotic about posting a pic publicly. I was hoping a few concerned souls :)P) would message me so I could just kinda privately send it. But whatever. I know people are probably too nice to be completely honest about it anyway so maybe it was kind of a dumb question.

Among the Sleep said:
SophiaGrace said:
Among the Sleep said:

It's OK I wasn't offended. And yeah, agreed. Just like, fresia...I really can't figure it out lol. I just have a kind of goofy personality and I think I give off a bit of an "I hate myself" vibe

You know, you are right about one thing. Probably by looking at you and interacting with you without that information, it may be odd that you're having issues with women. Do you think the drugs impact how you act or your social skills are poor?

Trust me, there's nothing pathetic about your question. You wouldn't be the first guy to ask themselves, "What gives?" If they haven't had any luck with women. With that said, I'm not going to assess your appearance... You already feel uneasy about it and I promise that it's completely unnecessary. So long as you shower, look clean and presentable, appearances aren't very important at all...

Honestly, I completely agree with SophiaGrace. I think taking a look at how you interact with people is a great way to go forward.

Hey, I'm not a girl and I'm not gay either but I'm kinda curious about how you look. If you'd send me a pic I'd gladly give you honest feedback.

From what I've read I think you might be dealing with low self esteem or something. It's easy for people to see if you're self-confident and happy with yourself or not, and obviously you're more attractive if you look like a confident, happy guy.

^ What the heck?

1. Who told you you're ugly?
2. You've got cute girls kissing you.. who told you you're hopeless?

Does not compute.

perfanoff said:
^ What the heck?

1. Who told you you're ugly?
2. You've got cute girls kissing you.. who told you you're hopeless?

Does not compute.

Well... I'm not sure if I've ever been explicitly told that I'm ugly. I can remember ONE time... but people don't really say that type of honeysuckle to your face, usually.

And yeah, I see your point. I guess I can see how that would look odd, ha. But for what it's worth... those two chicks were friends of mine, at the time at least... and I don't wanna be mean cause like, obviously I know I'm not that good looking, but... umm... "cute" is reeeeeeally not how I'd describe them if you could see them full on. They're like... mediocre-ish looking girls and they were both my friends, so it was nothing like what you might think I guess.

You've got one heck of an attitude problem dude.

Can you please show me a photo of a good-looking girl?

perfanoff said:
You've got one heck of an attitude problem dude.

Can you please show me a photo of a good-looking girl?

So because there are 2 girls in the world who I don't think are cute, whose faces aren't even visible in the pic by the way, I have an attitude problem? Cool...there's a few other girls in those pics and I think ALL of them are cute.

Hey you are the one worried about your looks. If you go judging girls with this "I've got standards" and rank them all /10, good luck not having that honeysuckle thrown right back at your face. If you really are called 'ugly', you just got a taste of your own medicine.

MellyVinelli said:
Hey you are the one worried about your looks. If you go judging girls with this "I've got standards" and rank them all /10, good luck not having that honeysuckle thrown right back at your face. If you really are called 'ugly', you just got a taste of your own medicine.

Jesus. I feel like I've been severely misinterpreted here...

I'm not a snob about that kinda honeysuckle, at all. My comment about them was actually just kind of self effacing. I think I was just deflecting praise from myself, given that perfanoff was kinda like, giving me credit for having a pic being kissed by two "cute" girls. And actually, the more important part of my response to that was that they were kinda my friends. So it wasn't even like, flirty. It was more like we're drunk, let's get a funny picture. So when he said "Who told you you're ugly you're getting kissed by cute girls!" I had to explain the situation and I think saying I didn't find them attractive was just a way of further deflecting positive attention from myself...I tend to do that...

Latest posts

Back