Crushing a crush.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebolt

Not litteraly. No need to call the police.

Anyway, there's this girl at work i got a crush on. I'll try to explain it fast.

Four weeks ago she started working at the place. A week later i go for a holiday for two weeks. Kind of missing her and all that useless stuff.

One week ago, going to work again, had a lot of trouble with nerves. Used my holiday entirely on trying to better myself, but figured this crush thing wasn't going to be a problem. She happens to call in sick, and actually didn't show up for the entire week. I had no idea what's going on. She's not 100% stable so i figured something happened.

Then she gets removed from the roster for this week. I saw that last week, so i was kind of relieved i could start forgetting about her, and move on with fixing this mess. I also wanted to review everything i'd learned, since the feelings for her kind of wiped it to the back of my head.

This morning i go to work, and then boom, she's walking in. Oke what the honeysuckle? Anyway, she turned out to be okay, so that was nice, but my mind went in racing mode.

We get along very well, we're kind of in the similar situation and all that. Even on the off chance she likes me too, i have no use of a relationship at this point of my life, i need to fix myself first. That'll take some years. I'm kind of hoping that if the situation does present itself, that i still have the willpower to say no, obviously explaining how and why and all.

I tried my best to ignore the feeling and keep focussing on what i must do, but i guess i didn't try hard enough. I meditated again today, but didn't get alot of options. Only options i could come up with were:

Make her hate me, easier to get over it then.

Try to crush on someone else, someone who i never see, or some random celebrity or something, something that i can more easily get rid of.

Not the smartest of options, at all.

So much for keeping it short. I tried.

Thanks, i do remember you posting that thread! Sure hope mine is a passing one. I've only skimmed through it so far but i don't think any of the others apply to my situation. I could also be lying to myself and not know it. All these possibilities!

Anyway thanks for your time!

Did it occur to you that by pushing a possibility away like this you might be missing someone who could potentially help you turn your life around? Sometimes a support person is an amazing incentive to work harder to better yourself. And might very well improve your whole mind set if she happens to be the "one". Just a thought.

-Sai- said:
Thanks, i do remember you posting that thread! Sure hope mine is a passing one. I've only skimmed through it so far but i don't think any of the others apply to my situation. I could also be lying to myself and not know it. All these possibilities!

Anyway thanks for your time!

You remember? Who are you? :p

Just go easy on yourself with a crush, don't rush, let it flow

ForGrantedWife said:
Did it occur to you that by pushing a possibility away like this you might be missing someone who could potentially help you turn your life around? Sometimes a support person is an amazing incentive to work harder to better yourself. And might very well improve your whole mind set if she happens to be the "one". Just a thought.

Yeah, it occured to me indeed, and i expected a response like this one. Also kind of hoped for it i guess. You're right, of course. The reason i am not that open to the idea is because i then see myself as undisciplined. Discipline is a big issue for me lately, because i have none of it. If i give in to this crush, for wathever reason, then it will be proof of my weakness.

It's a harsh thought, i know. I also am not sure if i am ready for a proper relationship, but i guess that could also be an excuse for me to stop embracing this. It's alot of mind games, really.

Perhaps i should give your option more thought and meditate on it more. Thank you for your insight.

You remember? Who are you? Toungue

Just go easy on yourself with a crush, don't rush, let it flow

My previous account was Rosebolt. I remember being sad upon seeing that you left. I wasn't the only one. Glad to see you're back though.

I guess what i told ForGrantedWife also applies to this. I don't want to wait because every second waited is another second being undisciplined. I won't achieve my goals if i dwell on a crush. Then again, dwelling on it is exactly what i'm doing right now by being so spiteful of it.

I didn't think of that one yet.

A big thank you to both of you! I can really use that. Just distract myself with completely other things and it'll fade.

i have replied to this thread by pm my friend...my intuition as a sang,shaman, empath and just a human with a spirit know no distance if i know the person so i have answered this thread via a personal message, i look forward to hearing what your take on what i have put to you is but yes tread carefully until you truly KNOW what is best, i have elaborated in my PM ^_^

if it means anything to you. accepting possible advice is discipline. actually, accepting that you are weak is also discipline. I really wish more people would admit their faults and start to improve themselves than to constantly deny that they have any fault and act like a tough guy.

you may not be ready for a relationship, but like FGW said.. accept someone else, maybe she can help you realize things faster therefore take bigger strides forward.

Regumika said:
if it means anything to you. accepting possible advice is discipline. actually, accepting that you are weak is also discipline. I really wish more people would admit their faults and start to improve themselves than to constantly deny that they have any fault and act like a tough guy.

you may not be ready for a relationship, but like FGW said.. accept someone else, maybe she can help you realize things faster therefore take bigger strides forward.

Thanks. I personally think that i'm just not good enough. I quit gaming recently, which wasn't an addiction in the traditional sense, but i played alot. Alot. I quit that because it was in my way, and haven't gamed on my own since that. That's a show of discipline.

But it took me a week to figure out how to deal with this. A WEEK. It should take me, on average, about 7 seconds. BUT NO. And even now, i'm scrambled all over.

About that, something happened today, the girl was sent home and will only show up on mondays. I didn't really like that, of course. So i figured i'd send her a message on (god forbid) facebook. Was nervous as honeysuckle, after sending it, still nervous. No response yet. It was just a casual message, if she was okay etc.

Somehow, i also hope that it turns out bad, just so i can learn to deal with having the entire building hate me. Oh, the doom scenarios are amazing!

Try to relax, breathe, go with the flow... dont distort your thoughts. This can be a good experience for you.

:)

^ Thanks! I'm doing my best to distract myself. She apparently doesn't check her fb alot, as she still hasn't seen it. That's good. Not really looking for some fb addict. Didn't think she would be like that anyway, but you get what i mean.

-Sai- said:
Thanks. I personally think that i'm just not good enough. I quit gaming recently, which wasn't an addiction in the traditional sense, but i played alot. Alot. I quit that because it was in my way, and haven't gamed on my own since that. That's a show of discipline.

But it took me a week to figure out how to deal with this. A WEEK. It should take me, on average, about 7 seconds. BUT NO. And even now, i'm scrambled all over.

About that, something happened today, the girl was sent home and will only show up on mondays. I didn't really like that, of course. So i figured i'd send her a message on (god forbid) facebook. Was nervous as honeysuckle, after sending it, still nervous. No response yet. It was just a casual message, if she was okay etc.

Somehow, i also hope that it turns out bad, just so i can learn to deal with having the entire building hate me. Oh, the doom scenarios are amazing!

Look, if you are interested in her - dont beat around the bush. im not saying its easy, but i can confidently say that you will feel much much better if you just get it out.

quitting gaming, good for you. i still game, its the cheapest interest and hobby -for me-. 7 seconds? well, we all have weakness and strengths. some more than others. but dont let that get you down. ever seen 'wreck it ralph?'

Regumika said:
Look, if you are interested in her - dont beat around the bush. im not saying its easy, but i can confidently say that you will feel much much better if you just get it out.

quitting gaming, good for you. i still game, its the cheapest interest and hobby -for me-. 7 seconds? well, we all have weakness and strengths. some more than others. but dont let that get you down. ever seen 'wreck it ralph?'

Yeah i am, but just telling her right now is not the way at all to go. We barely really know each other.

And no, i haven't seen that, i sadly don't want alot of movies at all. :/

When it was pretty much final that the girl in question would never show up at work anymore, she showed up today. I got her number. Guess that's a small victory.

^Indeed, indeed. She seems to be one of those people that appear to behave differently in real life than they do in typed messages, so i'm trying to not let the insecurities take over!

-Sai- said:
Not litteraly. No need to call the police.

Anyway, there's this girl at work i got a crush on. I'll try to explain it fast.

Four weeks ago she started working at the place. A week later i go for a holiday for two weeks. Kind of missing her and all that useless stuff.

One week ago, going to work again, had a lot of trouble with nerves. Used my holiday entirely on trying to better myself, but figured this crush thing wasn't going to be a problem. She happens to call in sick, and actually didn't show up for the entire week. I had no idea what's going on. She's not 100% stable so i figured something happened.

Then she gets removed from the roster for this week. I saw that last week, so i was kind of relieved i could start forgetting about her, and move on with fixing this mess. I also wanted to review everything i'd learned, since the feelings for her kind of wiped it to the back of my head.

This morning i go to work, and then boom, she's walking in. Oke what the honeysuckle? Anyway, she turned out to be okay, so that was nice, but my mind went in racing mode.

We get along very well, we're kind of in the similar situation and all that. Even on the off chance she likes me too, i have no use of a relationship at this point of my life, i need to fix myself first. That'll take some years. I'm kind of hoping that if the situation does present itself, that i still have the willpower to say no, obviously explaining how and why and all.

I tried my best to ignore the feeling and keep focussing on what i must do, but i guess i didn't try hard enough. I meditated again today, but didn't get alot of options. Only options i could come up with were:

Make her hate me, easier to get over it then.

Try to crush on someone else, someone who i never see, or some random celebrity or something, something that i can more easily get rid of.

Not the smartest of options, at all.

So much for keeping it short. I tried.

it takes time and only goes away when somebody else turns up !

-Sai- said:
^Indeed, indeed. She seems to be one of those people that appear to behave differently in real life than they do in typed messages, so i'm trying to not let the insecurities take over!

I am very curious how things are going, hope it is not hectic but crazy good for you :)

ucxb said:
I am very curious how things are going, hope it is not hectic but crazy good for you :)

Sweet little stalker. :p

Yesterday i asked if she was always that quiet through text, or if it had to do with me. She just agreed that she was quiet and laughed, and left it at that. Two words, lol. Entirely different worlds, haha. Anyway, after that i asked her if she'd like to meet up somewhere sometime, outside of work and all. No response yet. Until now she has responded pretty much within 10 minutes, and now it's been a day. Lovely coincidence. Anyway, i'll see her again monday anyway, i'll see how she reacts.

Done my part, time to rest and enjoy nature and life!

^ wait a second, wait a second !! Are you accusing me of being a stalker??!!

In other news, I have my fingers crossed for you still and even though ... :p

Latest posts

Back