Attraction. What do you look for ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
I usually stay out of these kinds of threads. I might reply later at home though. :D

I 'meet' a lot of women at work, serving them. Some I like and some I don't so much. I wondered this morning why I liked some and it occurred to me it was simple things like eye contact and a smiling face.

Like initial attraction? A smile and eye contact for sure, and I tend to prefer men who look more sensitive and feminine as opposed to muscles and manly-type men. :) Other than that...intelligence, compassion, witty sense of humour, kind...

Solivagant said:
Triple Bogey said:
Solivagant said:
Are we talking only physical attraction here?

no, more initial attraction, somebody you haven't seen before.

I don't understand, what's the difference? =/

I think the difference is that split-second look you give someone, like passing on the street or something. I think most of us generally make a quick judgement of people you see, either you like the look of them or not or you're neutral. I think some of that could be physical, like hair or eye colour or basic body type, but I think what Triple Bogey means is more of a feeling...I don't know, am I close to explaining?? LOL...or just blabbing? :p

I guess boobs goes without saying. So I won't say it.

A smile - but not a big toothy smile, a sly smirky smile.

Persona more than anything. A girl with a pleasant face is more than enough, looks wise.

I really like it when a girl seems genuinely interested in you, just like, as a person. When they ask you questions about yourself and seem like they're actually interested. I like nice girls.

Since I'm tall, I notice tall guys. Eye contact and a smile is nice too.
A guy who appears to be in a serious relationship with his smart phone won't get a second look from me :)

-Teresa

I notice eyes, with an intelligent gaze, and hands, seeing eloquent hands always does something to me. Like anybody else I notice if someone is "well built" but without a glimpse of intelligence in their face, my attention goes elsewhere. I love articulated, open people with a positive attitude, if one talks a lot (about interesting things) I am already halfway charmed.

Among the Sleep said:
I really like it when a girl seems genuinely interested in you, just like, as a person. When they ask you questions about yourself and seem like they're actually interested. I like nice girls.

This.

Peaches said:
I notice eyes, with an intelligent gaze, and hands, seeing eloquent hands always does something to me. Like anybody else I notice if someone is "well built" but without a glimpse of intelligence in their face, my attention goes elsewhere. I love articulated, open people with a positive attitude, if one talks a lot (about interesting things) I am already halfway charmed.

What if a guy seems quiet and a bit mysterious, the type who might be sitting in the corner? Does this type come off as too "cold" for you?

Latest posts

Back