BORED AT WORK

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandog209

Reaction score
Hello, im 28, from cali, and i work loong hours all week.
im lookin for some good conversation and good company.
tell me a little about yourself people. (ladies preferably, but im ok with answerin dudes, just rather talk to women lol)
Help my days go by.
About me, i work in an office. i play guitar, i love to bbq and drink beer! anything else you wanna know ask, i cant think of specifics at the moment.

Your job allows you to drink beer, bbq and play guitar? Where do I sign up?

Nicolelt said:
Shouldn't you be working at work?

lol i do work, alot, this is just an extremely slow month for us, there is not alot of construction going on in this area so i have been spending most of the day in the office answering emails and trying to find work. its nice to be able to somewhat have my own schedule. when i get busy tho i get very busy and have to visit job sites alot of the time.

AmytheTemperamental said:
Your job allows you to drink beer, bbq and play guitar? Where do I sign up?

no those are just my personal hobbies.

TheRealCallie said:
well, I'm a little confused, but yeah, perhaps if you were working, you wouldn't be as bored?

whats confusing?
and i do work, alot, just been a very slow month, not alot of construction so its making days drag on extremely long.

I get it, the construction. I'm a hoe hand. At work right now but it is 3:23pm and I've been sitting in my truck since 10am. Makes a 12 hour day DRAG.

JHK said:
I get it, the construction. I'm a hoe hand. At work right now but it is 3:23pm and I've been sitting in my truck since 10am. Makes a 12 hour day DRAG.

**** that sucks, ya im an estimator/project manager. so its a long ass day in the office! work needs to pick up

You know who we have to thank for that.
Went up another $2 but our shitty average of $50/barrel is a far cry from the $135 where it was.
Sad when Albertans are looking at Manitoba and BC for oil field work. Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't forgotten my book...

Nicolelt said:

This is like the second or third thread that he's posted this.

I wish I was bored at work too. Wait, I work. Forget it.

BeyondShy said:
Nicolelt said:

Does it matter?
I don't mean to be a dick, but does what he posts really natter in the grand scheme of things so much that it annoys and causes snarkiness?
If he wants to post it 50 times a day, so be it. If it's annoying, leave it be. There is lots I ignore because I don't see the post being worth the dirt on my boot. Maybe I'm reading it all wrong but I think the implications are a little un-called for.

JHK said:
BeyondShy said:
Nicolelt said:

Does it matter?
I don't mean to be a dick, but does what he posts really natter in the grand scheme of things so much that it annoys and causes snarkiness?
If he wants to post it 50 times a day, so be it. If it's annoying, leave it be. There is lots I ignore because I don't see the post being worth the dirt on my boot. Maybe I'm reading it all wrong but I think the implications are a little un-called for.

Lol, guy joins the forum with a perfectly friendly introduction thread and gets interrogated by about four different members. Welcome to ALL!

My confusion has nothing to do with him being bored at work, it's about something else.

If he were to post this 50 times a day, wouldn't that technically consider it spam? Seriously, wouldn't it?

As for the "perfectly friendly introduction thread," we tend to be a little concerned when we see a married guy (or guy with a girlfriend) come in and say they are looking for females to talk to. We've seen it before and it doesn't usually end well. Not saying this guy is doing that, just saying it makes us wary.

JHK said:
BeyondShy said:
Nicolelt said:

Does it matter?

the funny thing is that this is the first time ive posted about being bored at work, i just opened an account on here. and exactly, why should it matter what i post at work? i actually have a job that allows me to do that. i get my honeysuckle done. if i was digging holes i wouldnt be able to be on here postin, but im not, im in an office in a slow ass season waitin for the winter rush for erosion control. funny thing is those people are all commenting on this acting like they work while there not realizing there commenting during WORK HOURS. stop being hypocrits

Brandog209 said:
JHK said:
BeyondShy said:
Nicolelt said:

Does it matter?

the funny thing is that this is the first time ive posted about being bored at work, i just opened an account on here. and exactly, why should it matter what i post at work? i actually have a job that allows me to do that. i get my honeysuckle done. if i was digging holes i wouldnt be able to be on here postin, but im not, im in an office in a slow ass season waitin for the winter rush for erosion control. funny thing is those people are all commenting on this acting like they work while there not realizing there commenting during WORK HOURS. stop being hypocrits

Wait, hold up a **** minute. Just because a lot of jobs are "9-5" doesn't mean they ALL are.
I make my own hours. I work when I want. I don't have a schedule.
Quite a few are in different countries. People from all over the world are on this forum, so what your 9-5 is, isn't for other people. Some people work nights, some people don't work at all and some people make their own schedules.
So don't start calling us hypocrites because we don't fit in with YOUR work hours.

TheRealCallie said:
Brandog209 said:
JHK said:
BeyondShy said:
Nicolelt said:

Does it matter?

Wait, hold up a **** minute. Just because a lot of jobs are "9-5" doesn't mean they ALL are.
I make my own hours. I work when I want. I don't have a schedule.
Quite a few are in different countries. People from all over the world are on this forum, so what your 9-5 is, isn't for other people. Some people work nights, some people don't work at all and some people make their own schedules.
So don't start calling us hypocrites because we don't fit in with YOUR work hours.

Then stop judging me for using this site on MY work hours when i can. so hold up a **** minute yourself. relax

TheRealCallie said:
You are the one insulting us, so perhaps you should relax yourself and think about honeysuckle before you speak.

sorry but i didnt insult everyone, i got bashed for posting this and i responded and now your ass hurts. sorry but shut the fresia up and get off this thread then and go elsewhere

TheRealCallie said:
If he were to post this 50 times a day, wouldn't that technically consider it spam? Seriously, wouldn't it?

I would think so. That's why I said it. He is well on his way to doing this.

Brandog209 said:
if i was digging holes i wouldnt be able to be on here postin, but im not

If you were digging holes your shovel would be the one without dirt on it.

Brandog209 said:
sorry but i didnt insult everyone, i got bashed for posting this and i responded and now your ass hurts. sorry but shut the fresia up and get off this thread then and go elsewhere

You're talking to a woman here so don't swear at her. She made a **** good point. We have people from all over that are here at different times of the day. The people in Europe for instance are eleven or twelve hours ahead of me so when they are working I am asleep.

But that aside, show some respect.

TheRealCallie said:
My confusion has nothing to do with him being bored at work, it's about something else.

As for the "perfectly friendly introduction thread," we tend to be a little concerned when we see a married guy (or guy with a girlfriend) come in and say they are looking for females to talk to. We've seen it before and it doesn't usually end well. Not saying this guy is doing that, just saying it makes us wary.

IF it was posted 50 times, it probably would be spam. I assume then it would be dealt with. But it wasn't, so why waste energy worring about something that doesn't matter or didn't happen?
That's all I'm saying. Sometimes we worry to much about what other's are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back