A second chat room

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stella said:
wow Robin you really are a first class knob. You show him Steel :)

I take that as a compliment. Certain situations require certain thinking. A thinking that is nowhere to be seen here, which is why this will remain a community where only the ones who already have guts to open up will do so. Thank You.

Robin, I'm not going to shut up. And you can't scare me into it. So, stop trying. You're saying security like the chat room is a club or a concert... No one is packing guns in there, or pulling out knives... What's your point in saying that I say whatever I want? You're Goddamn right I do. And someone the likes of you won't stop me. You can't do anything about it. I'm going to say what I want. The chat room is there to join and have some fun with other members... What would you have all of us say or talk about? You want to restrict everybody's words so bad... What would you have us talk about? You still don't get how dumb it is to really want to control what everyone says. And I'm not a mom... I don't know where you got that from...

Robin said:
stella said:
wow Robin you really are a first class knob. You show him Steel :)

I take that as a compliment. Certain situations require certain thinking. A thinking that is nowhere to be seen here, which is why this will remain a community where only the ones who already have guts to open up will do so. Thank You.

First of all, Stella... Lolol. Go Steel!

Second, "this will remain a community where only the ones who already have guts to open up will do so." .... Duh? If they don't want to say anything, no one is making them... That's the point... People come here to open up how they feel like it... They open up to other members according to how they feel...

You're contradicting yourself... You're saying that no one will speak up for themselves, and that you're the "silent people's" admin... Yet, only the people who want to open up, will....

Don't you get it? No one needs you as a deliverer. People open up when they want to. You can't force someone to be open to you. They will according to how they feel... But you know what? I'll give you your props for standing up for what you believe. Because that's what I'm doing. And perhaps maybe there are a few people who think your side is the winning side. But you're not everyone's hero, and you're trying to make yourself out to be that.

Robin said:
I was the silent and scared people's admin

The chatroom shouldnt need to be moderated in the same manner as the forum,the forum is a public place that anybody can access at any time,the chatroom is just a group of people talking and if somebody wont speak up when they dont like something then they need to,by all means the strong should protect the weak but this isnt real life its a god **** text chat room,if you cant even stand up for what you believe in there then you are well and truly screwed.

People need to learn to speak up and stand up for themselves,however all the majority seem to do is sit in silence then have a little ***** about it later on,its beyond pathetic.
You are no guardian angel Robin so for the love of god stop trying to play as one,you cant watch out for people all the time and nor should you.
In fact,have you ever mentioned any of these thoughts in the chatroom to the people you have problems with?

As for the references to security,what the hell are you talking about?
Its not Iraq its a chatroom where people come to talk about anything and everything. Of course it needs to be moderated to a certain extent but the way you have described your chatroom is bizarre to many.
You might feel the need for a tightly controlled chatroom and thats fair enough but if its really an issue for you then why dont you start one up?
Invite all of your "silent and scared people's" who want a chatroom like that and chat your heart out.
Either you do that or the "silent and scared people's" need to speak up about their issues.

P.S. Get over yourself.

VanillaCreme said:
Robin, I'm not going to shut up. And you can't scare me into it. So, stop trying. You're saying security like the chat room is a club or a concert... No one is packing guns in there, or pulling out knives... What's your point in saying that I say whatever I want? You're Goddamn right I do. And someone the likes of you won't stop me. You can't do anything about it. I'm going to say what I want. The chat room is there to join and have some fun with other members... What would you have all of us say or talk about? You want to restrict everybody's words so bad... What would you have us talk about? You still don't get how dumb it is to really want to control what everyone says. And I'm not a mom... I don't know where you got that from...

I wasn't telling You or trying to scare You to shut up. Of course You should be able to talk just like everyone else. I think You all have misunderstood what i actually mean with "controlling". I don't want to blacklist words or topics themselves, not even curses. I just want to keep bad people out. People who use words against others as a mean of getting their anger out. Anger is the whole problem, and anger is what always is going to be around somewhere in a community dedicated to the lonely. If there are no bad people in the chat, there would be no reason to control anything.

What i was trying to do back then, was to make sure that only people who were ready to be granted free speech in a live environment were given that freedom. Bad people shouldn't be allowed to be free. And free speech equals to freedom here, since speech is all that traverse in an online community.

The problem isn't words or topics. The problems is bad people. You're not one of them just because You're a free-speech extremist. I have never seen You be cruel in the chat-room, so You would probably not be one of the ones who wouldn't be allowed to use it.

I didn't want to change people, i wanted the mean people to get their anger out somewhere else and then come back when they were ready to act like adults. Was the wrong thing to do? I don't think so.

VanillaCreme said:
First of all, Stella... Lolol. Go Steel!

Second, "this will remain a community where only the ones who already have guts to open up will do so." .... Duh? If they don't want to say anything, no one is making them... That's the point... People come here to open up how they feel like it... They open up to other members according to how they feel...

You're contradicting yourself... You're saying that no one will speak up for themselves, and that you're the "silent people's" admin... Yet, only the people who want to open up, will....

Don't you get it? No one needs you as a deliverer. People open up when they want to. You can't force someone to be open to you. They will according to how they feel... But you know what? I'll give you your props for standing up for what you believe. Because that's what I'm doing. And perhaps maybe there are a few people who think your side is the winning side. But you're not everyone's hero, and you're trying to make yourself out to be that.

You obviously haven't noticed how many people who have created an account here and who NEVER posted. Half, 50% of the 1273 current accounts were never used to post in the forum. That's ~630 filler-accounts, kept to fool people that this place is alot more popular than it really is. Something i wanted to change with the accounts-pruning mod for that matter... if i hadn't installed that mod, there would have been nearly 4000 accounts, of which ~2000 never would have been used.

People don't dare to post, so they probably send PMs instead, trying to get someone to talk to. Very few people ever posted more than 20 posts before they left this place. VERY few. And there are almost 300 guests visiting every day of whom most will never even dare to make an account.

And You think people feel like they can come here to open up? Think again.

Half of all people who visit this place every day would need me as a "deliverer", and i could deliver. Fascinating how the facts still are on my side, but You just don't get it huh?

Sure, Creme, i stand up for what i believe in, because what i believe in is something that could make it better for lots of people. What's different between You and me in this consent, is that You stand up for the selfish and lazy way of solving this problem (not doing anything about it and imagine that everyone is as careless and insensitive as a person as You are) and that You keep standing up while all facts are against You.

It doesn't matter what any of You think of me. I have the solution to the problem that so many people here face, that You never even thought of, and it's being turned down because of what You think of me personally.

Jonny said:
Robin said:

The chatroom shouldnt need to be moderated in the same manner as the forum,the forum is a public place that anybody can access at any time,the chatroom is just a group of people talking and if somebody wont speak up when they dont like something then they need to,by all means the strong should protect the weak but this isnt real life its a god **** text chat room,if you cant even stand up for what you believe in there then you are well and truly screwed.

People need to learn to speak up and stand up for themselves,however all the majority seem to do is sit in silence then have a little ***** about it later on,its beyond pathetic.
You are no guardian angel Robin so for the love of god stop trying to play as one,you cant watch out for people all the time and nor should you.
In fact,have you ever mentioned any of these thoughts in the chatroom to the people you have problems with?

Its not Iraq its a chatroom where people come to talk about anything and everything. Of course it needs to be moderated to a certain extent but the way you have described your chatroom is bizarre to many.
You might feel the need for a tightly controlled chatroom and thats fair enough but if its really an issue for you then why dont you start one up?
Invite all of your "silent and scared people's" who want a chatroom like that and chat your heart out.
Either you do that or the "silent and scared people's" need to speak up about their issues.

P.S. Get over yourself.

You're not exactly an asset to the people in need Jonny. You're just here for You, just like Creme. Your words might actually start meaning anything when You've gained a heart. You who oppose me are a dazzlingly small minority, but You think You're the majority because You consider Yourselves more important than everyone else, and of course, are loud-mouths.

Robin said:
You're not exactly an asset to the people in need Jonny. You're just here for You, just like Creme. Your words might actually start meaning anything when You've gained a heart. You who oppose me are a dazzlingly small minority, but You think You're the majority because You consider Yourselves more important than everyone else, and of course, are loud-mouths.

Oh good lord, you must have one massive head, i can imagine buying hats must be a mighty pain in the ass for you. shame my heart really goes out to you. life must be a *****.

I wish someone could get through to you Robin, but I am starting to think that isn't even possible. You have no idea how dangerous perfectionism is. It's so dangerous. Can you even hear yourself? Can you hear anything, but your own thoughts and those who agree with you? I don't really think you can. And those who you are listening to are just as warped as you are. Which isn't good for you, or them.

You might want to look closely at yourself because you happen to be everything you speak out against.

stella said:
Oh good lord, you must have one massive head, i can imagine buying hats must be a mighty pain in the ass for you. shame my heart really goes out to you. life must be a *****.

Fascinating way of insulting. I presume Your head is very small then. This has nothing to do with whether or not life is a *****. Just as usual, i simply toss crap back at those who tossed it at me first. And just as usual, i'm blamed for defending myself.

Do You have anything to contribute to the discussion for that matter?

Robin said:
Fascinating way of insulting. I presume Your head is very small then. This has nothing to do with whether or not life is a *****. Just as usual, i simply toss crap back at those who tossed it at me first. And just as usual, i'm blamed for defending myself.

Do You have anything to contribute to the discussion for that matter?

No i have a normal looking head, thanks lol
Robin, you completely screwed up this community and good old Steel, Bluey and the other mods had to clean up the trail of honeysuckle you left behind. Why are you even here if you have loads of other amazing site? Perhaps you're just jealous that Steel and the mods have done a great job, and you suck ass.

You know name calling really is pointless....... it is utterly pointless. It accomplishes nothing. Might as well smell your own farts.

Robin said:

chambers:

pompous adj 1 solemnly self-important. 2 said of language: inappropriately grand and flowery; pretentious. pompously adverb.
ETYMOLOGY: 14c: from Latin pomposus, from pompa procession.

hmm. orrrrrr....

chambers again:

delusion noun 1 the act of deluding or the state of being deluded. 2 psychol a false or mistaken belief, especially because of mental illness. Compare illusion, hallucination.
ETYMOLOGY: 15c: from Latin delusio.

ah. fun with words.

one more maybe. had to go to the great www.urbandictionary.com for this beauty (and is, just by coincidence, word of the day almost every day in the office at work, such is it's merit and versatility):

cock

An extremely over-confident male who acts like he knows everthing just because he THINKS he has a lot in the pants... the type of guy who never gets any.
a cock would say thinks like, "what would you guys do without me?" and "i'm so big i have to tape it to my leg"

Skorian said:
I wish someone could get through to you Robin, but I am starting to think that isn't even possible. You have no idea how dangerous perfectionism is. It's so dangerous. Can you even hear yourself? Can you hear anything, but your own thoughts and those who agree with you? I don't really think you can. And those who you are listening to are just as warped as you are. Which isn't good for you, or them.

You might want to look closely at yourself because you happen to be everything you speak out against.

Tiresome, tiresome, tiresome... phew..

Skorian, i'm sorry for You, because You actually try to understand both sides here. Thanks for trying to help me with myself, but my perfectionism has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

I could say the very same about You and several others here. I know that i'm right, because i have tested what i've mentioned in this thread before and it worked well. I have proof, but i can't proove it. It's quite frustrating. You and they think that You're right, and talk to me as if i had no clue on what i'm talking about. Why can't You just accept that the person You hate could make alot more people chat, make them feel comfortable doing so, and without making the experience any less for the current chatters?

I don't go personal if You don't.

stella said:
Robin, you completely screwed up this community and good old Steel, Bluey and the other mods had to clean up the trail of honeysuckle you left behind. Why are you even here if you have loads of other amazing site? Perhaps you're just jealous that Steel and the mods have done a great job, and you suck ass.

lol, well good for You.

Prove it.

I'm here sometimes because i've got friends here, believe it or not.

Stella, i'm a technical admin. Neither Steel nor any of the other staff members here are here for the same reason i was, and i've been around long enough to say that i excel at what i do, just like the staff here excel at what they do. You're amongst those who suck ass at what we're trying to do here, if any do.

Did You ever see any movies where the really tech-savvy one is a rather awkward in socializing with others...?

Robin said:
Skorian said:

Tiresome, tiresome, tiresome... phew..

Skorian, i'm sorry for You, because You actually try to understand both sides here. Thanks for trying to help me with myself, but my perfectionism has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

I could say the very same about You and several others here. I know that i'm right, because i have tested what i've mentioned in this thread before and it worked well. I have proof, but i can't proove it. It's quite frustrating. You and they think that You're right, and talk to me as if i had no clue on what i'm talking about. Why can't You just accept that the person You hate could make alot more people chat, make them feel comfortable doing so, and without making the experience any less for the current chatters?

I don't go personal if You don't.
Because as I said. I have been on websites with the nutty (there is no other word for it) I know it's not really nice, but it's the truth. And the bottom line is it's not healthy for anyone to give in to pretend like it's normal. Yes, I would like more to open up, but they need to accept that life has pleasure and pain. They need to accept that people won't always agree with them. To do otherwise gives in to their delusions and doesn't help them get beyond thinking like they are. If they don't open up and talk, they have only themselves to blame. They can't blame anyone else. And they want to make excuses, but the bottom line is it's them.

Just as your having this argument now. Some arguments are for different reasons. But this argument is over the fact that you want to believe in something unhealthy and people are telling you, but you have decided otherwise. So there really isn't anything anyone can say to you.

It's basically like you want to treat adults like total children. It is insulting to you and them that you would do that. The world is cruel. Doesn't mean you can't shut some of it out, but if you shut too much out you disconnect from reality all together. At some point you go too far and lose sight of the real issues and what people really need. This is the problem with extreme security. At some point that sense of security is nothing more then another illusion pilled upon other illusions. It can just go too far. If people want to cower in fear of being disagreed with, then to bad for them. They are afraid of nothing.

And I think in this case you are allowing yourself to be turned into a puppet on other peoples strings. A puppet to be yanked around by people who are rather unhinged. When you see they are using your weaknesses to take advantage of the you and their situation, then maybe you will understand.

For those throwing insults. You might as well be throwing poo, like a monkey, into the wind. You only insult yourself by doing it really.

Hello Scott. Nice to see another soul joining in, in this highly classy quest for a better world.

Scott said:
chambers:

pompous adj 1 solemnly self-important. 2 said of language: inappropriately grand and flowery; pretentious. pompously adverb.
ETYMOLOGY: 14c: from Latin pomposus, from pompa procession.

Pick one:
- Eh?
- Yeah... got a none-native English-speaker right here.
- Cool.

chambers again:

delusion noun 1 the act of deluding or the state of being deluded. 2 psychol a false or mistaken belief, especially because of mental illness. Compare illusion, hallucination.
ETYMOLOGY: 15c: from Latin delusio.

Hmm, i think i'm starting to understand. Anyways, i'm just stating truths. If that's being psycho, You've met Your man.

ah. fun with words.

They can be funny, i agree.

one more maybe. had to go to the great www.urbandictionary.com for this beauty (and is, just by coincidence, word of the day almost every day in the office at work, such is it's merit and versatility):

cock

An extremely over-confident male who acts like he knows everthing just because he THINKS he has a lot in the pants... the type of guy who never gets any.
a cock would say thinks like, "what would you guys do without me?" and "i'm so big i have to tape it to my leg"

Hahaha! Oh wow, hehe. Words sure are fun! Thanks, i needed that. :D
Seriously though, this thread is supposed to be about a second chat-room, not another rant-o-robin kiosk.

Robin said:
stella said:

lol, well good for You.

Prove it.

I'm here sometimes because i've got friends here, believe it or not.

Stella, i'm a technical admin. Neither Steel nor any of the other staff members here are here for the same reason i was, and i've been around long enough to say that i excel at what i do, just like the staff here excel at what they do. You're amongst those who suck ass at what we're trying to do here, if any do.

Did You ever see any movies where the really tech-savvy one is a rather awkward in socializing with others...?

Acctroly Robin you did not excel in what you did. You was a bully then and your still one now. Its just now you don't have your mod power :)

An old proverb for you to think about. When in hole stop digging.

I could pick every post you made here to bits but whats the point?

You do my head in! Your so talented in lots of things you just don't have the mentality to see where your going wrong. If I had half your talent, Well if only. Your talent is wasted on you :(

lol its all the brits against robin, i love this feeling of solidarity.

Robin said:
You're amongst those who suck ass at what we're trying to do here

Too bad this isn't a movie.

And what's this "we're" I'm reading? Seems like the only one rooting for you is... wait for it.... YOU, but I guess COCKS are famous for that.

Robin said:
Jonny said:
Robin said:

P.S. Get over yourself.

Excuse me? We're in it for ourselves? I don't think so. YOU'RE the one who wants complete control over everything. Not us. Seriously, Robin, I don't want to dislike you, but you're giving me no choice. We have the natural right to be loud-mouths if we want to be. That's because we speak up for ourselves... Sorry we're not cowering and hiding behind you like all your "silent and scared" followers.

Let me tell you something... Jonny, Steel, Stella, Skorian, Zak, Naleena, Eve, Bluey, Samba, Drake, myself and everyone else doesn't need someone the likes of you to hold our hands. We can stand up for ourselves, and speak up for ourselves. You're trying so hard to make yourself first to go to on everyone's list. And that just won't happen.

Steel might believe you when you claim you had all those people messaging you with complaints, but I don't. You're out only to gain for yourself, and your ideas are so utterly and completely bizarre, I'm surprised your brain hasn't exploded and oozed out of your ears. Frankly, I think your mouth is writing checks your ass can't cash. And you're absolutely dumbfounded as to why we won't bow down to you and just agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back