A second chat room

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drake said:
B) Oh really? Then I guess the same can be said for ignoring me, you guys sure had a lot to say about all the horrible things I've doen, why didn't you just ignore me? but when it comes down to me talking about others acting rudely, it's as simple as "ignore" that's rich.

True. Hypocrisy. Proves my point perfectly. They didn't do anything about it.

Skorian said:
I was just making observations. I don't really see this as a complement so to speak. It's kind of bashing everyone who is in an authority role. Just for being in that role. Sort of like no one dares question them, but they questioned you. I think your talking only from hurt feelings and denying the truth. I haven't talked much to minus, but they don't seem to be stuck up at all. You on the other hand seek a sort of perfectionism that is an illusion. You need to shatter that illusion completely. It is leading you astray.

Well Your observations were as blind as a bat, and it's not the first time. You still only see what You want to see. I may be a perfectionist, but i see it as a decease and admit that i'm ill. I'm not proud over it at all. In fact, it nearly killed me.

Bashing everyone in an authority role? Skorian, i haven't said a single thing that isn't true. I'm not bashing anyone, i'm stating the way it really is and always has been around here and how much of a problem it still is, after almost three years of the community's existence. It's nobody's fault that people are the way they are, and as i already clearly stated, every single one of the staff members here are fantastic people. The problem is that nobody has any guidelines to follow, and instead goes after their own biased gut-feeling. That's not the way to run a joint like this!

What the hell are You talking about man? I have questioned staff members since the first day i got here! Before Drake came around, i was the loud-mouth of this place, which then only consisted of the forum. I was the only one who dared to open up and say how messed up this place was thanks to all the misbehaving members running around, and the one who tried to do something about it! AND I DID! You're the one CAUSING the argues by digging up honeysuckle in a whole different yard, clearly behaving as if You have no clue about what we're talking about but STILL talking as if You DID have a clue! I was the whole **** reason this place ever got cleared up in the first place, because Bjarne, as said, was too **** busy elsewhere! Jesus christ.

Hurt feelings? Denying the truth? What truth? Do You have a completely different truth You wanna bring in here too, to make me even more confused of what the hell's going on in Your head? What does it matter in what way i act, when what i'm saying is nothing but the truth? A truth that needs to be something done about for the sake of the welfare of the people here. The input You added so far doesn't mean or add honeysuckle, so what the hell are You actually doing messing around in this topic anyways?

Stuck up? Minus ain't stuck up. Neither is Steel or Samba. Nobody has said they are, so why do You even bring that up? They're doing the best job any bunch of staff members has ever done here, but it's obviously not enough. Do You get it now? Should i write it in Latin too or something?

It doesn't matter if it exists. There is no such thing as perfection. It's a total illusion. Every coin has two sides of equal value. How can anything be perfect if it has a negative side of the same value as the positive? Many perfectionists do a crappy job and can't see it, because they are so focused on one aspect of things that they block out other important aspects. Which might lead to a stuck up attitude of "I am better then you" and can lead to hurt feelings. As it is easy to hide behind the idea that we are better then others. As long as you think perfectionism is an acceptable style, you won't be as inclined to see it for what it really is and allow it to prevent growth. We can't learn without both positive and negative things. Over focusing on one side of things leads to "severe" ignorance. I don't mean this as an attack; I just think you need to challenge yourself. Maybe I am wrong, just trying to point out what I seem to see.

Sigh... well since You're working this still, i'll tell You something that has nothing to do with this thread just to get You to understand. I am well aware of the problems of perfectionism and i'm trying to my best to listen to other people's views, regardless of how different their views are from mine. That's something i started doing rather recently when i for the first time in my life found out why people don't want to be with me; i'm egocentric. I consider, for example in terms of online communities, peace and security more important than free-speech. Something that definitely wasn't very popular here once i started screwing around. Nobody ever told me i was like this, so i actually never knew that i was such a fool. I found this out by coincidence by over-hearing a bunch of people, so to say. And thanks to Unacceptance for making me interested in listening to someone who's very, very different from me. I needed that. Anyways, sure, that hurt. I'm hurt. I've been living without critique all my life just because people think i'm too kind to tell off, so how the hell was i supposed to know that i've been such a **** pain in the butt? It sucks frikkin bollocks big-time to only get compliments from people and then see them run away from You as if the whole ******* friendship was a sham. Every single one i've known so far has left me, without telling me why. The "oldest" friend i have today, who still actually talks to me once in a while, is Gem, a known member of this community. Everyone i knew before her, in real-life as online, are gone, because i'm too active in what's important to me.

Well, if that's what a perfectionist are, then i'm a perfectionist and an extremist. There is only one side of the coin for me, and that's law and frikkin order at any means necessary.

I don't know much, just trying to make the best observations I can. I didn't say much before. Sooooo. I guess you will choose if it makes you angry or you listen. And I don't claim to know diddly, just I try too.

You don't know anything about me and Your observations of me are only aggravating me since they don't make any sense. What You seem to be trying to do is to eat my head up. Go pretend to know everything about someone else and pull a diagnose on him/her, see if he/she likes it instead.

And heeere we go again...

The whole problem lies in that we all want different things.

THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE PEOPLE FOLLOW RULES IF YOU DON'T FORCE THEM TO,
BECAUSE SOMEONE IS ALWAYS GOING TO DISAGREE WITH THEM.

WHY SHOULD PEOPLE FOLLOW ANY RULES WHEN DISOBEYING
THEM CLEARLY DOESN'T GET THEM PUNISHED?

HELLOOOOOOOO?

Robin said:
And heeere we go again...

The whole problem lies in that we all want different things.

THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE PEOPLE FOLLOW RULES IF YOU DON'T FORCE THEM TO,
BECAUSE SOMEONE IS ALWAYS GOING TO DISAGREE WITH THEM.

WHY SHOULD PEOPLE FOLLOW ANY RULES WHEN DISOBEYING
THEM CLEARLY DOESN'T GET THEM PUNISHED?

HELLOOOOOOOO?

So why have them in the first place? Doesn't make any sense. Guess what happens when you force people to obey chat rules over the internet... They won't show up anymore. Or hardly ever come back. Seriously, it's chat room. You either like there or you don't.

VanillaCreme said:
So why have them in the first place? Doesn't make any sense. Guess what happens when you force people to obey chat rules over the internet... They won't show up anymore. Or hardly ever come back. Seriously, it's chat room. You either like there or you don't.

That's right, it doesn't make sense. Without law enforcement laws are completely pointless because the only people who actually needs to be noted about the laws, the people who the laws were even thought of in the first place, are the people who misbehave! And again, why should they behave when nobody cares enough to punish them for it!?

Actually Creme, i could proove that You're wrong. Back when i ruled the day i shut the public chat-rooms down and made a new one where everyone first of all needed to have been notably behaving members here for a month, and would have to read through and sign a very strict piece of text with their REAL NAME, even, to even have a chance to use a chat-room here. And after they signed up, where 90% of them actually did use their real names (meaning they took the page seriously), they got noted that their behaviour on the forum would be controlled (where i personally went through every single post they ever made) and that they soon would be chatting if they had behaved in the forum.

Guess what? In less than 48 hours, 44 people had signed up for that chat-room here. I'd like to see the current chat-room with even half that many people in it! People FLOCK to secure chat-rooms, because they WANT to be around people who behave.

Guess the old extremists' ways aren't too darn bad after all. Someone needs to be strict... very strict.
Falcon, STRICT beer.

Robin said:
VanillaCreme said:

That's right, it doesn't make sense. Without law enforcement laws are completely pointless because the only people who actually needs to be noted about the laws, the people who the laws were even thought of in the first place, are the people who misbehave! And again, why should they behave when nobody cares enough to punish them for it!?

Actually Creme, i could proove that You're wrong. Back when i ruled the day i shut the public chat-rooms down and made a new one where everyone first of all needed to have been notably behaving members here for a month, and would have to read through and sign a very strict piece of text with their REAL NAME, even, to even have a chance to use a chat-room here. And after they signed up, where 90% of them actually did use their real names (meaning they took the page seriously), they got noted that their behaviour on the forum would be controlled (where i personally went through every single post they ever made) and that they soon would be chatting if they had behaved in the forum.

Guess what? In less than 48 hours, 44 people had signed up for that chat-room here. I'd like to see the current chat-room with even half that many people in it! People FLOCK to secure chat-rooms, because they WANT to be around people who behave.

Guess the old extremists' ways aren't too darn bad after all. Someone needs to be strict... very strict.
Falcon, STRICT beer.

One, I wasn't here. Two, don't you see how dumb it is that you shut down an internet chat room? What's your big control issue? You can't control everyone, dude. That's such an invasion of privacy to ask for someone's real name. Are you limited? People here can give the information they feel comfortable with giving, and that's not up to you or anyone else to give say on what users SHOULD give. And no one has to answer to you about anything. The whole controlling doesn't fly by really well over the internet.

If there is one thing you can't control, it's how people think. Personally, I wouldn't want to either. I love that everyone is an individual... some of you think like I do, some of you I will disagree with often, but still, I respect your right to think and speak the way you do.

A world full of people who thought like I did would be **** scarey.

I believe in free speech and expression, and while this may not sit well with everyone, I wouldn't have it any differently.

Steel said:
If there is one thing you can't control, it's how people think. Personally, I wouldn't want to either. I love that everyone is an individual... some of you think like I do, some of you I will disagree with often, but still, I respect your right to think and speak the way you do.

I believe in free speech and expression, and while this may not sit well with everyone, I wouldn't have it any differently.

That's right. Tell it, Steel!

Steel said:

Ya, I started to say more, but killed it. Well I sent Robin some rather then posting more. But his all caps I almost answered too. I don't like the word "forced" very much. He seems to miss the point of rules. Wants to elevate himself to godhood.

Drake said:
Well I would Bluey, but honestly, tattling really isn't my style. If I have a problem with someone I tell them face to face, not to mention then it just becomes a matter of who's word do you believe, mine or there's? and it's an akward situation to put anybody in.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. A second chat box where more rules are implimented and clear would be great...

Well if I don't see what happens myself in person as it where I would of course always take the word of the mod or mods. I would do this cos it was me that modded them and I did that cos I trusted them. I don't think it would be very good for me to make someone a mod then question there trust.

Its funny how you are wanting moor rules when you clearly have a problem with the mods all ready in a chat room that is very relax with the rules.

Drake I think your a fine fallow. But you know if your hurting this is not the best way to deal with it. You have some good friends on this site. Why don't you open up to them with the real reason that's bugging you?

Steel said:

And this is why you are a mod/admin here :)

I SAID...

Second chat room which is currently down will be up in 4 days - the purpose for what this thread is made if anybody is missing that

... and that ends the thread and arguments

http://allife.mycode4.com -> will be back in like 4 days <---- Kylie said that

The fact that You weren't here is more than enough reason for Your input to not matter much.

I was after many horrible weeks here with dozens of PMs coming at me every week from mods and members reporting bad behaviour to me, especially in the chat room, that i took down what i had given them in the first place because that's what a responsible and caring admin would have done. Something that nobody then and obviously nobody now either believes since they probably never experienced the same barrage of complaints privately from people. I simply acted per the members' wishes and everone just thinks that i did it because i have a control issue and want to play god. A feature doesn't mean more then peace. I was the silent and scared people's admin, because i had shown them before that i cared more than anyone else did about those who are too afraid to speak up, by getting rid of lonelygirl for them before i was even a mod here. None of You have even thought about those people, have You? Did You ever receive 20+ PMs from members who usually never speaks up, thanking You for Your hard work? I don't think anyone here ever will after me, because i'm the only one who thinks of the ones that are the must hurt; the sensitive quiet ones in the big corner. And can i prove it? Well, if i still had my old account i could. All those PMs are gone, and that's enough reason for You to jump to the conclution that i'm a self-proclaimed god with no other intent than to get my control issues out on people, isn't it?

To state that asking the people who want to chat in the official chat-room to sign the deal with their real name is a privacy intrusion is just stupid. That's how deals are made in real-life. They can choose what to do, just as You say that people can in the chat right now. Either You follow the rules that were set up to keep You safe, or You go somewhere else. You clearly don't take this very seriously at all Creme, which is the difference between me and most people here.

The fact that so many DID sign up for that chat-room, with their real names, is also enough to render all of Your inputs into biased guessing. You think i have a control issue, and that's why everything i do can't possibly be a hell lot more successful than the work You're doing is.

Yo guys can believe in free speech all You want. And as long as You do, until You experience what was going on back when i was running this place, You'll be disappointing more people than You're satisfying, because most of the people here aren't like You. They're afraid of free speech, because they've seen what free speech + the internet means.

I don't like the word forced very much either. I hate telling people what to do, but someone had to put their foot down and show everyone that the sloppy "free speech" way of running a community is a way of suffering for the majority.

For all of those who left and who's spirit got killed because i didn't do anything about the hell that was going on earlier, back then; i'm very sorry for that i didn't stay strong enough to keep You safe from the horrors of free speech. I'm working on my third community now and once it's up, You all will have a second place to go to with friendly and intelligent people, without all the roaming demons. It's for You silent and sensitive that i work hard for. I know You are too insecure to speak up, but i have experienced enough to understand what the biggest crowd of them all wants, and one day we'll show 'em that there is a middle-way between free speech and security. Scaring the bad ones away, and keeping the good ones coming back. There will be another community for the lonely, and under my protection You'll be SAFE <<< The most important thing on the internet! Bare with me, and You can say goodbye to this underdeveloped and messy places like this one once and for all.

Let me break it down to ya...

Robin said:
The fact that You weren't here is more than enough reason for Your input to not matter much.

I'm a Mod now, and you can bet your bottom dollar my input matters. That's your problem now... Thinking that no one else has valid opinions, and only yours matter.

Robin said:
that i took down what i had given them in the first place because that's what a responsible and caring admin would have done. Something that nobody then and obviously nobody now either believes since they probably never experienced the same barrage of complaints privately from people. I simply acted per the members' wishes and everone just thinks that i did it because i have a control issue and want to play god.

If you can't see how you're trying to play God here, I don't know what to tell you... Get some reading glasses? Get some contacts? Some eye drops might help.... What do you mean you took down what you had given them in the first place? Don't give something to someone and then take it back because it's not going how you want it. That's what everyone means by you have control issues...

Robin said:
A feature doesn't mean more then peace. I was the silent and scared people's admin,

So, what are you now? The I'm going to sit back and let someone tell me what to talk about people's Admin?

Robin said:
because i had shown them before that i cared more than anyone else did about those who are too afraid to speak up, by getting rid of lonelygirl for them before i was even a mod here. None of You have even thought about those people, have You? Did You ever receive 20+ PMs from members who usually never speaks up, thanking You for Your hard work? I don't think anyone here ever will after me, because i'm the only one who thinks of the ones that are the must hurt; the sensitive quiet ones in the big corner. And can i prove it? Well, if i still had my old account i could. All those PMs are gone, and that's enough reason for You to jump to the conclution that i'm a self-proclaimed god with no other intent than to get my control issues out on people, isn't it?

You're still trying to find some way to control the chat room... No matter what occurs... PMs of people complaining to you... Messages of users thanking you for your hard work... You're still trying to put yourself on a pedestal. All of the good work lands on you, and all of the bad things that may happen is everyone else's fault, right?

Robin said:
To state that asking the people who want to chat in the official chat-room to sign the deal with their real name is a privacy intrusion is just stupid. That's how deals are made in real-life. They can choose what to do, just as You say that people can in the chat right now. Either You follow the rules that were set up to keep You safe, or You go somewhere else. You clearly don't take this very seriously at all Creme, which is the difference between me and most people here.

The fact that so many DID sign up for that chat-room, with their real names, is also enough to render all of Your inputs into biased guessing. You think i have a control issue, and that's why everything i do can't possibly be a hell lot more successful than the work You're doing is.

Are you serious? We shouldn't have to sign into a contract to talk in an online chat room. That's ridiculous. That's really bizarre. Extremely bizarre. It's insane. It's a chat room... I'm not buying a car or a house from you... It's a chat room... You don't have to be a tyrant to run a chat room. It's the online world... Not real life, dude.

Robin said:
Yo guys can believe in free speech all You want. And as long as You do, until You experience what was going on back when i was running this place, You'll be disappointing more people than You're satisfying, because most of the people here aren't like You. They're afraid of free speech, because they've seen what free speech + the internet means.

You're Goddamn right I'll believe in freedom of speech. People aren't scared or afraid of freedom of speech on the internet. However, people like yourself might turn them off to it, or make them not even care. People don't always have to agree with me for me to like them. Maybe you should learn that... And once again, you're still stuck on running everything, and controlling everything.

Robin said:
I don't like the word forced very much either. I hate telling people what to do, but someone had to put their foot down and show everyone that the sloppy "free speech" way of running a community is a way of suffering for the majority.

No, you don't. You love it. You're trying to accomplish telling everyone what to do now. And if we just all up and agreed with you, you'd be one happy chipmunk.

Robin said:
For all of those who left and who's spirit got killed because i didn't do anything about the hell that was going on earlier, back then; i'm very sorry for that i didn't stay strong enough to keep You safe from the horrors of free speech. I'm working on my third community now and once it's up, You all will have a second place to go to with friendly and intelligent people, without all the roaming demons. It's for You silent and sensitive that i work hard for. I know You are too insecure to speak up, but i have experienced enough to understand what the biggest crowd of them all wants, and one day we'll show 'em that there is a middle-way between free speech and security. Scaring the bad ones away, and keeping the good ones coming back. There will be another community for the lonely, and under my protection You'll be SAFE <<< The most important thing on the internet! Bare with me, and You can say goodbye to this underdeveloped and messy places like this one once and for all.

Third community? What happened to the first two? Your ways made them come crashing down? Oh, and believe me... No one has to be under your protection to stand up for themselves. :)

I don't disagree totally with everything you say Robin, its just bits and pieces and you do seem to go too far. And it seems like once you get going you just go further and further. Sometimes you need to use your own judgement and not just give people what they want. Some people really need serious help.

To me the problem with safe actually indicates that there is actually any real danger. Which there isn't. I mean people can be upset emotionally and that matters, but it can be taken to an extreme. And I would encourage people to find the courage to actually join and post. This forum is VERY safe compared to much of the web. I mean, it really is. I have seen many very horrific things online. People can be truly brutal.

If it has to be sooooo safe for people to post. Well I think it would be very hard for them to grow in such an environment. I think people need to have a little courage and actually realize that maybe what they need isn't "just" encouragement, but a little criticism as well.

Just as you yourself pointed out Robin. I mean it's pretty critical. If people are so fine tuned to hurts that that is all they see, well they are probably missing many things that matter just as much. I have been on forums like some OCD web site a decade back and sometimes people are so sensitive that it really does become rather ridiculous. Some places can be literally a mad house and it's simply not a healthy environment for people to fit into. It lets people think it's ok to be the way they are. Which gives little to no growth. People have to give themselves some chance at adapting to the real world.

VanillaCreme said:
I'm a Mod now, and you can bet your bottom dollar my input matters. That's your problem now... Thinking that no one else has valid opinions, and only yours matter.

Oh, so Your position makes the input of Your last post valid when You weren't even here back then? I didn't say no one else has valid opinions, i said that You didn't, with what You said in Your last post.

If you can't see how you're trying to play God here, I don't know what to tell you... Get some reading glasses? Get some contacts? Some eye drops might help.... What do you mean you took down what you had given them in the first place? Don't give something to someone and then take it back because it's not going how you want it. That's what everyone means by you have control issues...

I understand how it can seem like it, but i'm NOT trying to act as a god, so it doesn't matter what You or anyone else think it looks like. Saying that someone plays god doesn't make it so. You don't know what i'm talking about and You don't know what i've gone through. Since You clearly don't understand why i did what i did back then, You simply assume that i'm a self-proclaimed god. Very immature.

This has nothing to do with mere "wants" Creme. It's people who listen to what people wants that who makes the loud-mouths wishes go through, leaving out the ones who are QUIET. I did something that had to be done, and defied what the loud-mouths wanted. And i was praised for it behind the scene by so many, just like the big bunch of people who signed up for the strict chat-room was a sign of that how i ran things was appreciated. Even people who used to think i was way too strict have recently expressed how lame they find this place nowadays and how they miss how strict i used to make it. I'm the only one who knows what the majority really wants, and it's very sad. You're simply in this discussion because You want to be able to say whatever You want in the chat-room Yourself. You're just thinking of Yourself Creme, so why should anyone listen to You at all? You can't relate to me. Just like Skorian.

So, what are you now? The I'm going to sit back and let someone tell me what to talk about people's Admin?

Now, i'm a regular member, who still works for the silent and scared. Who do You work for Creme? Hmm? Stupid question huh?

You're still trying to find some way to control the chat room... No matter what occurs... PMs of people complaining to you... Messages of users thanking you for your hard work... You're still trying to put yourself on a pedestal. All of the good work lands on you, and all of the bad things that may happen is everyone else's fault, right?

You're just scared of tightened security because it would mean that You would have to shut up too. I'm trying to improve a community for the sake of the community. You're trying to keep things as they are for the sake of Yourself. TRUTH.

And juuuuuust as i said one post ago, You think that i'm trying to make myself seem better than i actually am. Truths that i mentioned to try and show You guys what seemed to work back then. You're insulting me for giving the staff critique, something that they need to ever understand how their work can improve.

You're not a very clever person, are You? The "bad" things that happen here are caused because by the LACK of hard work. The work that the staff members do is awesome, but they're not doing enough in terms of security. I'm the only person who ever did anything more than simply ban people, wrote warning threads and deactivated guest-posting to make people feel comfortable here, so You bet Your ass that all the hard hard work trying to make peace here lands on me!

Why is it that people who have no idea what's going on insist of joining in topics to make fools of themselves? STFU instead and let the people who care about more than themselves discuss things that are important to everyone!

Are you serious? We shouldn't have to sign into a contract to talk in an online chat room. That's ridiculous. That's really bizarre. Extremely bizarre. It's insane. It's a chat room... I'm not buying a car or a house from you... It's a chat room... You don't have to be a tyrant to run a chat room. It's the online world... Not real life, dude.

Why? Bizarre? Omg... wow... i sincerely hope that You never start working with security. Just like everyone have to agree to a conduct when joining a forum, a forum like this one, there should be a similar conduct for chat-rooms since everything going on in there happens live and isn't logged for any mods to see. If there are no mods around following the discussions at every single minute, something can slip through which is defamatory, to say the least. That happens all the time. And for that sake, Creme, lots of stuff that would break code of conduct is going on in the chat-room here right infront of mods' eyes, including Yours, and nothing is done to stop it.

Omg, i can't believe how insensitive You are! You're like the devil in disguise! You don't think that stuff that happens in a chat-room has any real-world effects for people here? YOU, lady, are the one who are bizarre! This is a forum for lonely and depressed!!!! People have feelings for fucks sake! What the hell?

You're Goddamn right I'll believe in freedom of speech. People aren't scared or afraid of freedom of speech on the internet. However, people like yourself might turn them off to it, or make them not even care.

YOU aren't scared, because You're on of the people who'd like to be able to say whatever You want, whenever You want, even if there would be kids in the chat-room! And You're a mother? Dear lord... I might be a security freak (for a **** good reason!), but YOU Creme are a typical example of a person who don't give a fresia about anyone else. How You even was given moderator privileges is way beyond me. LoL, jesus christ.

However, people like yourself might turn them off to it, or make them not even care.

Is this just another ranting piece of nothing? Have You got any proof whatsoever that i "turn people off" to the question of security and peace? I have many proofs. I have many experiences. You, don't have a **** thing talking about security at an online community.

People don't always have to agree with me for me to like them. Maybe you should learn that... And once again, you're still stuck on running everything, and controlling everything.

Why would i want to learn about You? You're clearly stupid. People don't have to agree with me either. I just won't let people hurt others just because they feel like saying whatever they want as long as i can do something about it.

Of course i'm stuck on the running everything, controlling everything scheme. I'm the only one who cares enough about people to do that!

No, you don't. You love it. You're trying to accomplish telling everyone what to do now. And if we just all up and agreed with you, you'd be one happy chipmunk.

Hehe, wow. It's fascinating how people can tell You who You are and what You think just because they feel like it. I guess that's what happens when pathetic people desperately tries to defend their own image when they receive valuable and important critique coming from the people using the chat-room themselves, with proof backing it.

Again, i'm trying to help, but people don't take me seriously, so they don't listen. If You "ended up" agreeing with me, You'd have a second chat-room where people who are known to be behave well only could enter. What the hell is so hard and bad about that?!

Either You are incredibly dumb, or You're on drugs. Either way, i'm sorry for You Creme. You can't help it.

Third community? What happened to the first two? Your ways made them come crashing down? Oh, and believe me... No one has to be under your protection to stand up for themselves. :)

LoL. The first two worked fine and there was no need to be strict because everyone behaved like adults, unlike You. I don't settle with allright. I want it perfect for my members, and that's what i'll keep on working for, because they and every lonely person roaming the internet trying to find a place to be online (and unfortunately might end up here) deserve it.

Oh, and believe me Creme, more people need to be under the protection from free speech to dare to stand up for themselves than You can count to. Yet again, You're just talking about Yourself.

You know what? You're very much like my mom, Creme. She also believes that the life she has lived and the way she feels and things about life is how everyone else has it too. Neither You nor her can relate to other people, so You talk as if You know everyone, as if You have the whole **** world behind You. Confidence isn't for everyone.

Skorian said:
I don't disagree totally with everything you say Robin, its just bits and pieces and you do seem to go too far. And it seems like once you get going you just go further and further. Sometimes you need to use your own judgement and not just give people what they want. Some people really need serious help.

To me the problem with safe actually indicates that there is actually any real danger. Which there isn't. I mean people can be upset emotionally and that matters, but it can be taken to an extreme. And I would encourage people to find the courage to actually join and post. This forum is VERY safe compared to much of the web. I mean, it really is. I have seen many very horrific things online. People can be truly brutal.

If it has to be sooooo safe for people to post. Well I think it would be very hard for them to grow in such an environment. I think people need to have a little courage and actually realize that maybe what they need isn't "just" encouragement, but a little criticism as well.

Just as you yourself pointed out Robin. I mean it's pretty critical. If people are so fine tuned to hurts that that is all they see, well they are probably missing many things that matter just as much. I have been on forums like some OCD web site a decade back and sometimes people are so sensitive that it really does become rather ridiculous. Some places can be literally a mad house and it's simply not a healthy environment for people to fit into. It lets people think it's ok to be the way they are. Which gives little to no growth. People have to give themselves some chance at adapting to the real world.

Well Skorian, the people who came online to behave wouldn't have anything to worry about since all staff members would be perfectly allright and even like their good manners. It's the people who DON'T behave who ever would even notice the strict security i'm talking about!

I know for a fact that LOTS of people, in communities like these ESPECIALLY, need to feel safe to grow at ALL, because they don't dare to be here otherwise! All of You here would be severely surprised, it seems, if You got tons of messages from people in which they say that they're too afraid to join the chat-room when You're not there. I'm sorry, but i can't agree with You, because You are WRONG in this case. I have too much real experiences with this, and it screams in my favour. You haven't been an active technical admin of a community with hundreds of members too sensitive to ever speak up.

Robin, we have always had very differing opinions on how to treat people. I will say for the record that I never, on principle, signed up for your name validated chat. I wasn't the only person to take such a stance either.

Not because I have anything to hide. Not because I planned to be abusive to people in the chat. Simply, because you had no right to demand that of people.

No matter what you do, you cannot create an environment in which nobody will be hurt. Neither should this even be tried - life isn't like that, and to suggest that the members of this board are in need of protection is firstly, patronising, and secondly untrue. Even if it were possible, what would this create? An enviroment where people are too scared to disagree with someone or express themself.

People who have made complaints often do so for some other reason - as is the case with Drake here. Anyone who knows Drake will know - he isn't some meek person who needs protecting, he wasn't reduced to tears by bad language or sexual innuendo. He was angry, and the chat was his target.

Nobody ever saw all these complaints you received, so I will have to take your word for it that they existed. The chatroom is currently well moderated - it will be unusual for there not to be at least one moderator in there. They will try to prevent arguments getting out of hand, the use of racist language, someone being victimised by another user. The toning down of language if there is someone young in the room. They cannot stop these things happening all together - the only way to do this would be to have a chatroom with nobody in it.

Finally, I suggest, Robin, you reread your penultimate post before this one. I have never seen such a load of patronising, sarcastic, and arrogant bullshit. Being right is all that matters to you, and you will resort to any tactic in order to prevent people from disagreeing with you. You are a bully, Robin, plain and simple.

Vanilla is a valued member of this community, and an excellent chatroom moderator.

wow Robin you really are a first class knob. You show him Steel :)

I'll do anything to create the one thing that the no other community can offer the people that i care the most about. It needs to be done, because they still have no place to go.

Well, i tried. Talking apparently isn't where my strength lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back