A well-written Blog

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
So I've known this group of people online for about 5 years now...and the oldest of us, our leader of sorts (we originated as a gaming guild/clan), well, there's a good chance he might have a really bad, basically terminal form of cancer. He's still waiting on the final test results.

This was depressing news, of course. I needn't explain why. But I think what counts at this point, if the test is positive, is how he's dealing with it...and he's decided to blog about it: http://www.waitingfortherain.com/

Due to the nature of our community here, being sort of a place to seek out friendship and comfort, you might find the third entry 'Friends Afar' interesting. It's about us, basically, and I admit to almost crying when I read it. Because he's right. I've spent countless hours talking to what has come down to a group of five core people. And I hope we stay in touch. I hope it stays just like he talks about. I know we've debated before whether or not someone online can really be a friend...and, well, I don't see how it's debatable.

Right now we're talking, like we have once or twice before, about maybe having a get-together. I'm personally giving serious consideration towards a plane ticket to Utah to see the guy writing the blog. If he does have what the doctors suspect, then I don't want to look back when I'm old having never shook his hand. He's been an inspiration; a good friend. We've chased so many endeavors together...two gaming guilds, tried to design an indie MMO, and now some other things. And I don't care if in the end none of it works out, or if we hit the bullseye once, because it was the experience that counted. And I hope when I'm old and gray, if I myself live to be so, that I'm sitting in the same **** chatroom talking to those guys about my damned arthritis acting up.

Anyway. Just wanted to share in case some of you can find something from it, follow the blog or whatever. I watch with baited breath.

Good luck. :(

I myself Know people online that... I would kill to be with they are true friends people you dont come across everyday and my life is less without them they help make my world turn were once it was just a cold still rock but is now flowing with life.

Thank you guys.

Edit: I just read that and I have to say im in tears...It seems my heart finally gave out to all my pain.The hurt and everything it seems flooded out and... thank you I feel so much better its been years since ive cried.

Im currently going through some thing's that's caused me to hurt alot...

So when I say thank you its not a thing lightly taken I mean it from the bottom of my barely beating heart.

Wow I read that his grandmother just passed, how sad. Looks like she lived a long life though. Peoples' strength amazes me sometimes, I hope that the test results don't bring too terrible news and that he has the love and support he needs whatever the outcome. I hope for your sake and his you do go see him.

Latest posts

Back