About the starving children in africa

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you choice

• Total voters
B

Bluey

sloth4urluv said:
God has a plan

You will find that someone some day

Be glad your not a starving kid in africa

See the starving children in africa just don't cut it for me.

I mean everyone espies to whats around them. OK the poor in africa have it hard. They have it really hard of this there is no doubt. The world should stop spending money on weapons to kill one another with and instead give that money to the poor to stop all poverty in the world. We have the means to do so just not the will.

BUT-Most of my friends and the ppl I know have a nice place to live and a loving partner to go home to after the job they have worked at. Am I going to aspire to a starving kid in africa or to the ppl I see around me everyday?

If everyone around me was in the same vote as me I think I would feel quite a bit happier. After all I think based on this theory this is why this place makes us feel better. Cos we get to talk and interact with like minded ppl.

So ye to say you have it better then a starving kid in africa dose not help at all. OK I have food and a nice home and I am worm and clothed. It means nothing when you don't have anyone to share it with. Well actually the home I live in dose mean something cos I have known a lot weirs but to have friends and loved ones to share it with would make it worth a lot moor. A place to live would be terned into a home. A home is something that can not be Burt, where as a place to live can be Burt.

This is a public poll BTW, ppl well be able to see what you vote for

whoa....

I'm in a zone.
but I'm going to write anyway...just so I can read it tommorow.
This is what it looks like in my journal when I write.
Please don't take it the wrong way nor have pity upon me.
This emotional break down state is something I'll go through.
I know I'll probably feel different tommorrow. I usually do.
Don't worry I'm in a saft environment and i won't do anything stupid.
I'm sort of just observing myself.

At this moment intime I feel really, really bad and like a lunatic.
As a matter of fact I can't stop crying.
It's like an anxiety attack of sort.
Possibly triggered by many events or i just get them from time to time
still.

I try to be strong and to carry on as best I can.
Maybe possibly maybe it's becuase I'm living and moving forward
with my life. Perhaps it's about letting go and actually going
through it.

What Sloth and you wrote makesence to me.

However from this emotional state.
This is how I FEEL this moment
FUCKEN GOD **** IT, FUCKEN WHY ...&^%$##@@!!!!
Son of a fucken *****....that's a hell of a fucken plan.

whoa....that's weird man.

I'll have to vote later...I'm not too well at the moment.
Those are hard answers.

Oki doki..... i feel better now

There are starving and neglected kids world wide not just Africa.
And Im a very big beliver in charity begins at home.

I can't really vote for sure because Africa has more than just a problem with starvation. Hungry is one thing, civil wars, mass rapists, disease ridden surroundings, and a severe lack of resources is another.

Also tossing money at the problem won't solve it, they need to be taught how to farm, how to defend themselves, how to build basic facilities. That's what is really lacking to bring order to the land.

Yikes, I didnt mean to start a discussion about this.
I would have to say though that being well off does not make you happy, there are plenty of poor people that are alot happier than rich people.

Gothmother said:
There are starving and neglected kids world wide not just Africa.
And Im a very big beliver in charity begins at home.

I am to a big believer of that, all though I would like to see the world as one and no need for such things as passports. Maybe that's just a pipe dream.

I know there are plenty of other poor countries like parts of india still. But I just used Africa as an example that's all.

Unacceptance said:
I can't really vote for sure because Africa has more than just a problem with starvation. Hungry is one thing, civil wars, mass rapists, disease ridden surroundings, and a severe lack of resources is another.

Also tossing money at the problem won't solve it, they need to be taught how to farm, how to defend themselves, how to build basic facilities. That's what is really lacking to bring order to the land.

Why I would agree that they need to be taught and not for us to just fro money at it. That's not really my question. I was just wondering what you would rather live like. In a contre like africa where all those things that a lack of reassures brings like civil wars and mass rapists happen are in a rich country like where I live (UK) but in isolation and on your own with no one to really share the material things you have. I have a big 42" plasma screen TV :D All to myself :(

sloth4urluv said:
Yikes, I didnt mean to start a discussion about this.

Hallo mate. I know it not your fault :) Totally my fault :D lol You did bring something up that I fined interesting though.

sloth4urluv said:
I would have to say though that being well off does not make you happy, there are plenty of poor people that are alot happier than rich people.

I have not voted yet cos I do not know what to vote for. I have lived in a poor eryer of where I am from and know full well where I live makes a big difference to my happens. I could not even imagine the hardships of living in a poor country like africa where prostitution is rampant and crime is higher then what this country could ever imagine. But actually pain and suffering come in many different forms.

Bluey said:
Why I would agree that they need to be taught and not for us to just fro money at it. That's not really my question. I was just wondering what you would rather live like.

Yeah but, I wouldn't mind being poor and hungry as long as I was safe. That's my key problem with the question. Africa is an unsafe kind of poor and hungry. Being in a developed country in a decent neighborhood being poor and safe is ok.

Then again, I hate people, fresia it, I'll take the material goods.

Lonesome Crow said:
I'll have to vote later...I'm not too well at the moment.
Those are hard answers.

I know lol I made them and its to hard for me lol

OK I look forward to seeing what you choose. Keep as good as you can mate :) We be looking forward to seeing you back on top form soon I hope.

And the other sort of pain is this. What we all here know off. Freaking sucks. Hunger and poverty or this kinder pain. And we all know where Lonesome Crow is at right now. Sorry to use you as an example. Am sure you don't mined :D I am also sure that all our harts go out to you in-if nothing else understanding.

Emotions are like a yo-yo. Would not be so bad if they stayed in one place. At lest we know where we stand. But no up and down all the bleeding time.

I felt like crap yesterday. Got back into bed at 2 in the afternoon out of nothing else but Sher boardom. An hour later I felt right as rain again. Only cos a cousin rang me to ask me to go play some pool with him. Its just what I needed. Just lucky I Guss he called when I most needed some company and something to do. Stay cool crow.

Unacceptance said:
Bluey said:
Why I would agree that they need to be taught and not for us to just fro money at it. That's not really my question. I was just wondering what you would rather live like.

Yeah but, I wouldn't mind being poor and hungry as long as I was safe. That's my key problem with the question. Africa is an unsafe kind of poor and hungry. Being in a developed country in a decent neighborhood being poor and safe is ok.

Then again, I hate people, fresia it, I'll take the material goods.

This is exactly the dilemma I have. Being poor very really means that you well be save. I moved to where I am cos I wonted to feel save. I could not get that where I was living be for. In any poor country your going to get this problem. This is an argument witch I have used be for that says we stop giving to them and let them die of. Bad I know but the suffering well hopefully only last one generation. As opposed to how many it has. But again this is not what I mean.

material goods is all well and good. You get the big hours and moor security to keep the world out. And a fast car. No One ever picked a girl up going at 100 MPH. In an old car you may break down. Even on a bus you well have chances of meeting moor ppl.

Hmm, Thinking about it the moor cash you have the less ppl you well meet.

Well if we're talking an African level of destitution, but with loving people, I'd rather be alone but wealthy. I would rather have money and be able to enjoy the other things in life than to have nothing, and be constantly fearful that something bad is going to happen to those I love.

Personally I also believe in 'charity at home' first. We need to fix our own problems and get our own systems up to speed before we can effectively go around saving the world.

And I also agree it's an issue of education and other things besides money. Frankly, Africa is overpopulated I think, especially if they can't even feed the people they have. I'm not suggesting Eugenics, but if I knew my kids were just going to starve, I WOULDN'T HAVE ANY MORE KIDS. That actually kind of pisses me off that they don't stop making babies when they know what they're bringing the kid in to, and only worsening the problem by doing so.

Brian said:
Well if we're talking an African level of destitution, but with loving people, I'd rather be alone but wealthy. I would rather have money and be able to enjoy the other things in life than to have nothing, and be constantly fearful that something bad is going to happen to those I love.

Yes, just to clarify its this sort of destitution and poverty where compering it with. After all its common for ppl to say at lest you don't have it as bad as the ppl starving in africa.

I found this one quite easy to answer... I'd much rather be hungry and poor.

Brian said:

Personally I also believe in 'charity at home' first. We need to fix our own problems and get our own systems up to speed before we can effectively go around saving the world.

And I also agree it's an issue of education and other things besides money. Frankly, Africa is overpopulated I think, especially if they can't even feed the people they have. I'm not suggesting Eugenics, but if I knew my kids were just going to starve, I WOULDN'T HAVE ANY MORE KIDS. That actually kind of pisses me off that they don't stop making babies when they know what they're bringing the kid in to, and only worsening the problem by doing so.

Wow.

Poverty in Africa is mostly in the rural areas, and there are a wide variety of causes.. it pretty much depends on where you are talking about, but it has little to do with childbirth, and much to do with agriculture. Of course, some areas are also afflicted by war or corrupt regimes.

Most of the problems Africa faces have their roots in the colonial eras of the past. Nowadays, business continues the exploitation, by dictating the crops farmers must grow, through the method of loans and so forth.

Ok, I have severly bitten my tongue..LOL

Well, happiness is relative, so if in a room full of malnourished Africans, of course 50% of them will be happier than the rest. Some of the people in this thread, however, seem to be in the lower 10th percentile of happy people in the western world. So yeah, I suppose you could say that we have it 'worse' than some of the starving kids. It all depends on how you define the word 'better' in this scenario. Is better more money? Or more happiness?

//off on a tangent
It is truly awful what happens in Africa. I feel sorry for the kids that get born into the society. Sometimes I almost cry when I see the poor kids on TV, when they are receiving such simple gifts and aid from the west, and they are so happy about it. For them, a plate of food will put a smile on their face. What do western kids want? (well, most of the western, white, sub-urban filth we call kids) The latest iPod, a new computer, a better and faster car, a new cell phone, clothes from abercrombie and fitch.

I decided that I would vote for poor but to have loving ppl around me. At lest that way I would not be on my own in how I felt.

i agree with Steel

=)

Brian said:

Im guessing I would go for money,
depends on how poor you mean. If I cant even eat it would be breaking my heart to see loved ones hungry and I might be in just as much pain as being alone.

If I was alone and had money at least I could try to help others ..even if they arent my loved ones.

Latest posts

Back