ABUSE

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stork_error

Reaction score

Don't ever be this girl ... Ever !!! This is not love, it's abuse , and it will not change. Get up walk out and leave and never look back.

Agreed but sometimes it is not so easy.

When I was abused verbally I was shocked to find myself realizing I had no choice but to stay. I finally understood.

If I left, I would lose a good job, I would never get paid the money or benefits that I was getting.. he would not only get to abuse me, he would get to drastically hurt my life.

I just had to take it...

And my best revenge... living well, which I do every day now.

But for the first few years I thought the same thing, if I just learned the job he would stop yelling at me... until, I learned it and the abuse didn't stop and mistakes were made up to justify his behavior.

I was a bit hesitant to watch that video because watching stuff like that is kinda distressing to me. I will never understand women who stay, I think it's something significantly deep and complex only I just see it logically. It kinda angers and frustrates me, I hate men like this, I'd seriously like to see them get their ass kicked to see how they like it.

9006 said:
I was a bit hesitant to watch that video because watching stuff like that is kinda distressing to me. I will never understand women who stay, I think it's something significantly deep and complex only I just see it logically. It kinda angers and frustrates me, I hate men like this, I'd seriously like to see them get their ass kicked to see how they like it.

I didn't watch the video and I don't plan to. What I can tell you is that the reason a lot of them stay is because physical abuse is almost always accompanied by verbal abuse, which breaks you down and makes you think you can't leave. Makes you think you are nothing and they are the only one that will ever love you. It makes you think that you are worthless and that you can't live with the abuser.

Also, there is a fear level for some, where they think if they leave, the other person will hunt them down and hurt them worse or even kill them.

I think many woman stay because they are financially dependant on the man and they have no place to go except a shelter. I think shelters for woman with children are safer and more helpful than shelters for single woman. The woman in the video says that she went home to her family and friends and the people who love her. There are lots of woman who have neither and all they have is a shelter. That is just really sad to me. This woman is so lucky she has a support system.

TheRealCallie said:
I didn't watch the video and I don't plan to. What I can tell you is that the reason a lot of them stay is because physical abuse is almost always accompanied by verbal abuse, which breaks you down and makes you think you can't leave. Makes you think you are nothing and they are the only one that will ever love you. It makes you think that you are worthless and that you can't live with the abuser.

Also, there is a fear level for some, where they think if they leave, the other person will hunt them down and hurt them worse or even kill them.

Exactly what Callie said. These are the reasons I would think of, for myself for when I stayed in such a situation in the past.

I never had been physically hurt like this woman, mine was only psychologic abuse. What i have to say is that some women as me stay because the feelling of being complete alone is more hurtful.

yeah, I suppose there are different reasons for different people and different situations. Its just sad. Sorry for posting it, its just somebody posted a post about being manipulated and it made me think that maybe this might be a good way to say... get the fresia out... politely.

Latest posts

Back