Adam & Eve; How did it really go down?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IVIZ

Reaction score
The story of the start our existance seems too childlike to me (like a little kids book story). Like if you were trying to tell a lttle kid how a car runs, hes way too young to understabd the complexity. So you tell him in words and objects and examples/representations that he can understand. Like if God was like, well you guys are to dumb to understand the beginning and purpose at this age of man, so I'll put it to you this way.

I mean come on! Devil as a serpents? Trees as a way to gain wisdom?? Woman being from a rib of man?

Its all too kiddish to me. We are old enough as a species, we can understant the truth plain truth of things now.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how it really went down?

I know this is a religious topic, so if your not religious dont bother posting. Thankyou.

Well, here's what I know.

This was the time before clothes came along, the good time I'd say.

Adam and Eve were warned by God not to eat an apple becuase it was had evil or caused you to sin, I forget.

They both eat the apple and soon after, they became ashamed that they were nude so they ran away and hid and covered themselves with fig leaves or something.

God soon found out and was very angry that they went against what He had said so He made them clothes and punished them by kicking them out of the kingdom it's called.

Sorry to be so vague it's just I don't remember a whole lot, my poor Aspie brain is failing. :(

to me biblical stories like this are just that, stories. i cant take any of that stuff seriously. most of the stories messages seem to have good intentions, corrupted by people though.

I think this thread could get dangerously close to a discussion of religion. That's not allowed.

eris said:
I think this thread could get dangerously close to a discussion of religion. That's not allowed.

yea your right. and that would probably be my fault. :p

edgecrusher said:

I dont know what happened , but youre only human for having your opinions. This just really isnt the place for it.

Someone will always take offense to this discussion and someone will always feel hurt. If you didn't end it someone else would.

eris said:
edgecrusher said:

I dont know what happened , but youre only human for having your opinions. This just really isnt the place for it.

Someone will always take offense to this discussion and someone will always feel hurt. If you didn't end it someone else would.

yea, this is a bit of a hot button for me especially when the bible is mentioned. have a hard time not saying something, lol.

EveWasFramed said:
Eve was FRAMED, dammit. :club:

lmao :p

Ok this I gotta hear. How so Eve? Whats your side of the story? lol

I didn't know religion was against the rules. I guess a mod will just dust this under a rug soon.

^^^ just so you know im not saying youre wrong for posting this. It's a really good question. It would be nice if everyone could be mature about such things.

It's ADAM and EVE, not Adam and Steve. Homos. :p j/k... lol believe it or not, I have heard that saying as an argument against homosexuality. That since Adam and Eve were created as a pair, that obviously two people of the same sex weren't meant to happen. lol

IVIZ said:
The story of the start our existance seems too childlike to me (like a little kids book story). Like if you were trying to tell a lttle kid how a car runs, hes way too young to understabd the complexity. So you tell him in words and objects and examples/representations that he can understand. Like if God was like, well you guys are to dumb to understand the beginning and purpose at this age of man, so I'll put it to you this way.

I mean come on! Devil as a serpents? Trees as a way to gain wisdom?? Woman being from a rib of man?

Its all too kiddish to me. We are old enough as a species, we can understant the truth plain truth of things now.

Ok, firstly... that is the CHRISTIAN description of how the world began. It's no more strange than, say, Hindu beliefs, wherein a giant turtle spontaneously orgasmed and his seed became all things. *shrug* There are many different explanations of "how the world began," and the whole Adam and Eve thing is just one small part of the myriad of human legends concerning our beginning.

IVIZ said:
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how it really went down?

Why, yes. I believe most scientists refer to it as evolution. lol

^^ The shinto (ancient japanese) account of creation is basically described though sexual terms. I dont remember much but its something like the sky has sex with the water and an island is born. Its described quite graphically.

The sky had sex with the water!!! That one sounds more interesting than Adam and eve......erm what am I saying?

Badjedidude said:
Why, yes. I believe most scientists refer to it as evolution. lol

Ahh, but there is a "missing link" for us Humans. So evolution could have actually happened for animals and other things on this earth, but until they find a connection with us humans and monkeys. You can actually still argue that we were put on this earth :cool:

IVIZ said:
Ahh, but there is a "missing link" for us Humans. So evolution could have actually happened for animals and other things on this earth, but until they find a connection with us humans and monkeys. You can actually still argue that we were put on this earth

Does a coin cease to exist if you lose it in the couch?

Just because we haven't yet found a specimen representing a direct bridge between humanity and apes does not mean there never was one.

Yeah, I figured that I'd just copy and paste what I wrote in the other thread.

This is how I really feel about thing

"were adam and eve the first humans?" - short answer: if you believe they were

long answer:

perception is reality and reality is chaos

WITHIN PURE CHAOS EVERYTHING THAT HAS EVER BEEN OR EVER WILL BE IS TRUE AND FALSE AT THE SAME TIME.

Example: Johnny's mothers name is Nancy. Robert's mother is named Alice. Both of these people are right. The answer to "what is my mothers name" is different for everyone.

It is more than this, though. That is only a superficial example.

A Hindu believes Krishna is god. A Christian believes Jesus is God. An athiest believes there is no God. All of these people are right.

Within chaos there are "grids of perception". It's kind of like plotting a point on an x/y axis. People that have similar grids make up a culture

Many people that live in New Guinea believe in witchcraft. This culture has their own set of truths. To the rest of the world this seems silly. Christian culture believes a man was sent to earth in God's image. Many tribal people in Africa thik this is absurd. EVERYONE IS RIGHT.

Within chaos there is both order and disorder. These are illusions created by man when he tries to make sense of the world.

The opposite of chaos is not order. It is nothingness

Chaos is everything that ever was or ever will be.

Therefore, ordered precepts of reality are absurd

Not that I want to turn this thread into a debate about evolution but..... The idea of a missing link in human evolution was invented by the press to sell papers. We have an extensive collection of various stages showing our evolution from apes. There will always be intermediate fossils to find, ones that close the gaps just that little bit more, but there is no gaping hole in the records. In my opinion there is sufficient evidence to say we are apes.

I don't think this is a good idea.

It's hard to have a debate/discussion on this topic (or similar topics) without getting other people upset or offended.

Latest posts

Back