Alcohol

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Factotum

Reaction score
how much do you drink? i'm no alcoholic but i need to drink atleast twice a week. its such an easy escape from boredom.

I don't mean to sound like your mother now, dude, but if you NEED to drink AT LEAST twice a week, then that's a warning sign. If you drink alone (which I'm just assuming, because otherwise you wouldn't be bored, right?), then that's another.

I only drink if I go out, attend a party or something, and I don't always drink during those occasions, either. On average, I guess I drink maybe once every other month. If I'm just sitting home alone, no amount of alcohol can save me from boredom. My creativity, however, can.

Equinox is correct. "Needing" a drink is a warning. Also, drinking alone is dangerous. Drinking your problems away is a bad scene man. I know it all to well. If you ask yourself or someone else asks you if you have a drinking problem, and you have to think about it, you do.

It depends. I usually have a few drinks if I go out to dinner I rarely go out. Maybe once a month I may have a cocktail or two at home.

I did drink alot years ago I would go out after work and hang out with coworkers. I haven't spoken to any of them in years. I think I did that just to be around people to talk to because when people drink to much it doesn't matter what you say.

There was only one period of time when I drank alone. Not really fun. Now I only drink if I go out to a bar or discoteque, which has been a lot lately.

I'm not really much of a drinker I'll have the occasional beer every once and a while, but for me to say yeah I'm gonna get messed up. That's not me I never even been drunk before lol. Though I do I Like my crown royal haha

I’m teetotal, always have been, I’ve just never seen the appeal in getting lost in drink.

Lips-that-touch-liquor.jpg

Very rarely. I don't like the taste of it, but I use it to ease up a bit at social occasions. I also enjoy being at a concert and having heavy distortion smash my face off while I'm a little on the drunk side.

I used to drink a lot, maybe up to 5 days a week. I do still drink a fair bit. Usually once or twice in the week and sometimes at weekends as well if I can find anyone to go out with. Its not great drinking on your own, but it helps me sleep :(

I agree that it's a warning sign. You should never "have" to drink!

I personally don't drink all that much. Mostly because I take a benzo, and I don't want to end up overdosing.

I've tried it and liked it (the drink itself) but... I can see how it would easily be addicting. I've seen what it can do to close family members, so I don't want to head down that road. I haven't touched it in 7 years and don't intend to ever again.

Latest posts

Back