All the single people..all the single people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seosa said:
I've always felt that a site like ALL could be good for match making given the personality types across the board. But ideally you shouldn't look for it, it should occur naturally through friendship and intrigue. The worst thing, as ever with online relations, is the distance. Not everybody has the means to travel, even to be with the one they love, and how hard must that be to fall in love but never be able to truly experience it. I don't necessarily mean sexually, but just to actually be in the company of the said loved one.

I agree, but the long distance thing really is a killer. It takes 2 very special people to be completely honest, want the same thing and make it go enough to make it work until there's actual "coupleship".

Richard_39 said:
Seosa said:
I've always felt that a site like ALL could be good for match making given the personality types across the board. But ideally you shouldn't look for it, it should occur naturally through friendship and intrigue. The worst thing, as ever with online relations, is the distance. Not everybody has the means to travel, even to be with the one they love, and how hard must that be to fall in love but never be able to truly experience it. I don't necessarily mean sexually, but just to actually be in the company of the said loved one.

I agree, but the long distance thing really is a killer. It takes 2 very special people to be completely honest, want the same thing and make it go enough to make it work until there's actual "coupleship".

Exactly! Much of the frustration of not finding the ideal person in the ideal location can be compared to other frustrations with life. You very much find yourself back at square one thinking "Things just aren't meant to be... in any way shape or form!".

Well it probably doesn't help much for those who try that 9 out of 10 posts in this thread are people discussing instead of (wo)manning up and just putting their name out there ;)

In all honesty, it doesn't really matter how you make first contact, datingsite, supermarket, lonely forum, you just need to find someone you like, that likes you and wants the same things.

MisterLonely said:
Well it probably doesn't help much for those who try that 9 out of 10 posts in this thread are people discussing instead of (wo)manning up and just putting their name out there ;)

In all honesty, it doesn't really matter how you make first contact, datingsite, supermarket, lonely forum, you just need to find someone you like, that likes you and wants the same things.

Oh yeah! I think we're all guilty of being vague in this thread in the hope that someone else will make a move.

I suppose in an ideal world, my ideal woman would be...
- Somewhat of a social outcast
- A bit of a cynic
- Have a cracking sense of humour
- Be a bit of a nerd
- Have a sharp wit and mind
- Have an expansive taste in music
- Be politically flexible, i.e. open minded but firm in regards to values and morals
- Preferably enjoy sport
- Loyal, Loving, Trustworthy!
- Very close but flexible in terms of acknowledging that people may need time alone or can't always satisfy social demands. By that I mean, they can't always be there in person, as much as they wish.

But again, "ideal world, ideal woman"...

Seosa said:
Oh yeah! I think we're all guilty of being vague in this thread in the hope that someone else will make a move.

If you are, stop!

No shame in wanting to meet another human being in a romantic way, being vague is useful in real life occasions, when you get the idea someone might like you, but you are not sure, or do not trust you instincts... you do not get that opportunity online, no one can gage your body language, there are no subtle hints or changes in tone in how you type.

Just be honest, so if someone does want to send you a PM, they'll know it's wanted, and they are not making a fool out of themselves :)
(Depending on what they say they still may, I'm good at that ;))

Beat me by a minute ;)

MisterLonely said:
Seosa said:

If you are, stop!

No shame in wanting to meet another human being in a romantic way, being vague is useful in real life occasions, when you get the idea someone might like you, but you are not sure, or do not trust you instincts... you do not get that opportunity online, no one can gage your body language, there are no subtle hints or changes in tone in how you type.

Just be honest, so if someone does want to send you a PM, they'll know it's wanted, and they are not making a fool out of themselves :)
(Depending on what they say they still may, I'm good at that ;))

Beat me by a minute ;)

:p

It's up there now. I doubt anybody will pay any attention to it, but if somebody does and they think it matches, like Selene's preferences did with me a bit, then great!

LOL Batter up, gentlemen. Count me out.
I wouldn't wish me on the worst woman on the planet these days ;-)

Though, you know, if she's LOADED, I'm sure we can come to a mutually beneficial arrangement lol.

Richard_39 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Hey I might actually be officially single soon. Lol

You LOADED? ;-)

I thought you already were single, pardon my french?

Technically, I'm married....BUT, he's been living with various girlfriends since December 2009.  lol  So, I'm kind of single, but technically not.  :p

I would say my ideal girl would be smart, caring, kind, able to deal with my weirdness and occasional depression, love to help people as much as I, love kids is a big one as I'm always working with kids, and the most important is to have a nice smile.

I did find someone like that once and she took all the pain away, it was amazing. But it didn't work out so i'm back to square one!

I suppose also what you must prepare yourself for is the likelihood of a single life. Realism is key in all things and if you're aware that a relationship may well be unlikely for whatever reason, then you can at least hold a modicum of content as a result. In the event that your relationship status may at some point shift from single, then you can hopefully bask in the enjoyment, but in the meantime you are avoiding some of the pain. Emphasis on some.

Congratulations said:
Hey,

I know this is not a dating site but I met my husband here. And it is kind of upsetting reading thread after thread of people complaining..

I can't get a girl..
Or my ex was a jack to me..

So I'm starting this thread. Not sure if anyone did a thread like this before.

If you are single and interested in dating another lonely person. Post in this thread.

In your post say something about yourself. Say where you live, what you like etc.. Say if you are looking for a male or a female and tell them how to contact you.. ie via email or PM or phone or whatever suits you.

And guys dont be shy to talk to the girls who post.

I hope all singles who are intrested in meeting someone who is lonely and who understands loneliness will post.

Also just wanted to say.. long distance does work. I know so many couples who met online and are very happy today. When my husband and I met I was living in Jamaica (Caribbean) and he was living in Holland (Europe).. and we met right here at alonelylife.com

And our relationship is amazing.. It can work.. and you can meet someone.

I hope you all post, and I hope you all meet.

Name: Kaylee Valentine
S.Orientation: Interested in men
Body type: A few extra pounds

Likes: U.S. Pop-punk rock bands like 'In Her Own Words', romance and staying-in and watching movies
Dislikes: Guys who only want "one thing".

I'm 31, male and single. I've never been more ready to be in any kind of long term relationship with someone in my life. Location doesn't matter, as the type I both am and am seeking is very passionate.

I have a flame inside me that despite any hardships, never goes out. I keep trying in the face of any adversity and I know the kind of person I want, and who would want me, is out there, but it's a slow process and requires a lot of effort. But the best things in life are never easy. I guess you could classify me as a true hopeless romantic.

My ideal partner is also my best friend. We love talking to one another, can talk in person, email, over and over, sometimes rivaling full novels in everything and the depth in which we converse. When I want to know someone, I really want to talk to them. The kind you don't have to twist their arm to reply back, the kind who wants to view all your interests, while you want to view theirs, you can talk about your common interests as well, or even form new ones based on suggestions and keep going.
A good conversation with someone can never end.

I'm quite a nerd, I like cosplaying, talking anime, games, writing, world views, cats, almost anything. Share your interests and I'll share mine and let's actually do things together with them. Watch together, even if separated online, play a game together, etc.
This is the kind of close intimacy I crave in finding both friends, but especially a partner.

This is why distance matters not to me; if you have the same passion for someone, then location means nothing. A lot of people don't understand this, sadly enough, but I believe it's one of the truest signs of a real connection.

I always have to be the one to initiate things (it's just how it is for a guy), so I really admire a woman who sees something she likes and makes the effort to as well; though it's not necessary. So if I sound interested to you and you share the same passions, don't wait for me to message you; go ahead yourself too. It's fine and guys really do appreciate it too, when we might miss something. Message me even if I up and vanish from this forum, years later; I have email notifications. I'll come back if anything piques my interest.

And as my picture; I can't offer any non-biased opinions; judge for yourself. (That is just a cut on my chin)

a3YNgCD.jpg

I'm 38, single, decent looking, and if you try and hit on me, I'm liable to bite you lol.
I don't know if it's just me, but when you've been single for a long time...is it just me or is, even through the loneliness, the concept of a romantic relationship actually a "scary" one?
I mean, I don't know if I really want one. I mean, I miss the presence sometimes, the cuddling in front of the tv, the mushy stuff occasionally, but mostly, I miss none of it. Always wondered if I was a headcase or if people felt like that.
Anyone?

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Xpendable said:
This thread makes me sad.

Sorry no one else here lives up to you.

What I mean is all these people presenting themselves in a forum that barely anyone uses. It's sad that perfectly normal people seem like ghosts orbiting a wasteland and not even can take an interest in each other.

Latest posts

Back