An old workplace

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anonymous Rex

Reaction score
During the week I was in the street of an old workplace, there's still a few people there who I occasionally text, and am facebook friends with.

I had planned to go in, see some people while in the area, but on the day it felt a bit much for me, so I made up an excuse about being busy elsewhere beforehand.

Problem is really, that I'm self-conscious about going in.
I'm still unemployed after leaving there, partially because I've just not had much luck in searching for jobs, partially because I've had long periods of thinking 'what's the point' when depressed.
There's also the fact that I was always awkward around the people there. On the whole, they're a really nice bunch, but because I was generally pretty awkward and self-conscious, I kept quite quiet most of the time.
I think one of the things I'm self-conscious about - there'll be some people who I'm pretty confident will be quite pleased to see me, but others where I don't know if they'll be all that bothered about me, or if I'm assuming a friendship that isn't there.
Just feel really self-conscious about that.

Down in the same area twice during the week, so intending to makes plans to drop by again, and hopefully my confidence will hold up this time.

Latest posts

Back