Analysis of My Behavior

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
As a PTSD sufferer, sometimes I find that the way I'm behaving is unsatisfactory. Not only by normal social standards, but by my own personal standards. I find myself acting certain ways towards people and not liking myself afterwards.

I feel that I'm recovering from PTSD or maybe I'm beginning to learn how to control it. Lately I've been more aware of my thoughts and processes. I've considered my actions and ways of thinking and thought about why I think that way or act that way. Thankfully I am figuring out the answers.

Here's an example. Yesterday at work I found a mistake that someone had made. My first thought was to show that person their mistake and to my immediate horror I noted a certain satisfaction by the thought of showing someone else that they had done something wrong. This is a certain anti-social behavior. I am pleased that I felt remorse for that thought- that I broke out of that thought, rather than blindly carrying it out without thinking.

Instead I was tactful with the fellow employee and even attempted to help them fix their mistake.

That is just one example. Upon trying to understand why I felt that satisfaction of showing someone a mistake, I determined that it was because of my stepdad. My stepdad would constantly put people down and rub their faces in anything you did wrong (which to my stepdad, was everything you could do).

I compared my stepfather to my grandfather. My grandfather was the opposite. He was the most loving, tender person I've ever known. Rather than taking satisfaction in showing that person her mistake, I took satisfaction in trying to help them fix it and become better at their job. I took satisfaction in being kind to her. That is all I ever want. I want to treat everyone with love, respect, and kindness. Not with contempt, or hate.

My grandfather will always be a shining light for me. Because I'm beginning to gain greater control over my thoughts and actions for the better, I have gained confidence that I do truly have a good heart. I will not be like my stepdad. I will be a real man. I will not fear or hate. I will love.

Great thing, Jesse! You know, it's heart-warming to read of such accomplishments, even if it's just the little things. Or I don't know if it can be called a strict "accomplishment" but at least a "step of the heart" as well as mind. That's man's talk, you've got a heart in the right place: where you feel it's the best. Wonder why stepfathers are always like that... I share your feelings completely.

Jesse....

As always, your capacity for self-reflection amazes me. You recognize certain things for what they are, and you choose to do what you think is right, rather than what your initial impulse was to do. You've come so far this past year...

(((((hugs)))))

That's a big problem I have too, and something I also work on. In my case (and I don't know if this could be true for you or not) I do things not so much to put other people down by pointing out they did something wrong, as to get recognition that I did something right. At any rate, good on you for being self-aware enough to change.

I also don't think your behavior has anything to do with PTSD. Sounds like normal everyday average person behavior.

Animus said:
Great thing, Jesse! You know, it's heart-warming to read of such accomplishments, even if it's just the little things. Or I don't know if it can be called a strict "accomplishment" but at least a "step of the heart" as well as mind. That's man's talk, you've got a heart in the right place: where you feel it's the best. Wonder why stepfathers are always like that... I share your feelings completely.

Thanks Animus! I feel like I'm covering more ground on my own every day, but I've realized my best decision is to set up therapy sessions. Not all stepfathers are like that. I"ve had two stepfathers. One of them was a good man.

EveWasFramed said:
Jesse....

As always, your capacity for self-reflection amazes me. You recognize certain things for what they are, and you choose to do what you think is right, rather than what your initial impulse was to do. You've come so far this past year...

(((((hugs)))))

Thanks Eve!! You summed it up very well. I did the same thing several more times today- I "corrected" myself. :)

coricopat said:
That's a big problem I have too, and something I also work on. In my case (and I don't know if this could be true for you or not) I do things not so much to put other people down by pointing out they did something wrong, as to get recognition that I did something right. At any rate, good on you for being self-aware enough to change.

I also don't think your behavior has anything to do with PTSD. Sounds like normal everyday average person behavior.

I know that that particular account of my actions could effect people who don't suffer from PTSD, but I've had ptsd reactions before.

Good on you...:)
You have a kind heart and I hope for many great things to come your way...:)

I analyse my actions. I think this is important for people to be able to do. If you can improve yourself and how you interact with people you will be much better off.

Luna said:
Good on you...:)
You have a kind heart and I hope for many great things to come your way...:)

Thanks Luna :) I wish the same for you!

Samuel said:
I analyse my actions. I think this is important for people to be able to do. If you can improve yourself and how you interact with people you will be much better off.

I think so too. I feel like it's the first step for me to begin taking control of my entire life. :D

It appears that the misconduct. It appears that the misconduct. And it certainly gives the impression of wrongdoing. But for many children with special needs, lying, as above, disrespectfulness and other signs of apparent disobedience may have more to do with the lack of communication skills, the ability of motor planning, sensory integration cause-effect thinking that willful intent to injure.

Latest posts

Back