Announcements

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solivagant

Reaction score
A place to let others know what's going on in your life, good or bad.

I remember last Christmas when my aunt died of cancer, I didn't say much about it in part because I wasn't sure where to mention it. A lot of times I miss what's going on with other members because posts about life events are so spread out amongst threads. I thought it might be nice to have a thread specifically for those things.

I'll start!

As of last Saturday, I became an aunt myself for the first time. =] They named her Ariadne.

^ Awww that is lovely and sweet name.

Great idea for a thread :).

My Father is making a good recovery from having a Pacemaker fitted, and his recovery didn't go quite smoothly.

I also think this is a good thread idea. Now you got one simple place to stalk everyone. :D

I finally got my pc back to semi-normal state. I should be able to get back in the groove of posting here.

I'm awaiting chest X-ray results after suffering from extreme shortness of breath, my dad's PSA levels continue to fall...

...and I accidentally attended a gay pride festival today. Interesting. ;)

Congrats on becoming an auntie, Solivagant. I hope your niece brings you as much happiness as mine have brought me - they're wonderful :D

Thanks everyone!

Rosebolt said:
I also think this is a good thread idea. Now you got one simple place to stalk everyone. :D

Lol! I'm glad it's well-received. =]

Cavey said:
...and I accidentally attended a gay pride festival today. Interesting. ;)

Accidentally? Lol, that does sound interesting.

Cavey said:
I'm awaiting chest X-ray results after suffering from extreme shortness of breath, my dad's PSA levels continue to fall...

Best of luck!

I left the country where I lived for almost 5 years and went back to my hometown to help my mom move house. I will travel but I don't know where. I hope I will be able to keep doing what I was doing before as a free lance, but it's not clear how. Health always shaky, but I am managing.

Solivagant said:
As of last Saturday, I became an aunt myself for the first time. =] They named her Ariadne.

Congratulations :) Beautiful name too

She-ra said:
My Father is making a good recovery from having a Pacemaker fitted, and his recovery didn't go quite smoothly.

She-ra said:
Dads PSA result down to 50 from just under 3000.

Hope all his other tests were alright Cavey. Such a highly elevated PSA is a definite cause for concern but it's great that it's dropped so much. Hopefully it will keep improving. :)

She-ra, I hope your dad's doing better now? I'm asking because your sentence was a little confusing. He is making a good recovery but.. it's not going smoothly?

Aisha said:
She-ra said:

She-ra said:

Hope all his other tests were alright Cavey. Such a highly elevated PSA is a definite cause for concern but it's great that it's dropped so much. Hopefully it will keep improving. :)

She-ra, I hope your dad's doing better now? I'm asking because your sentence was a little confusing. He is making a good recovery but.. it's not going smoothly?

Thanks Aisha, sorry it was confusing. When the Pacemaker was fitted it was ok for a few hours and then they noticed a larger swelling underneath that shouldn't have been there and extreme bruising for that procedure further than necessary, so they put in a Coronary Care Unit overnight to keep an eye on it. Anyway he is making good recovery after all that, all is well (I just wish he would stop showing everybody he sees his scar and bruising lol.

Aisha said:
She-ra said:

She-ra said:

Thanks, Aisha, but you've got a little confused. I was replying to She-ra - it's her father that had the extremely high PSA level. My own father also has prostate cancer but his level was much lower.

She-ra said:
Thanks Aisha, sorry it was confusing. When the Pacemaker was fitted it was ok for a few hours and then they noticed a larger swelling underneath that shouldn't have been there and extreme bruising for that procedure further than necessary, so they put in a Coronary Care Unit overnight to keep an eye on it. Anyway he is making good recovery after all that, all is well (I just wish he would stop showing everybody he sees his scar and bruising lol.

I'm glad to hear he's doing better. I think it's awesome that he wants everyone to check out his battle scars :D And since cavey's corrected me, congratulations on the huge drop in your dad's PSA! I hope it keeps getting better.

Cavey said:
Thanks, Aisha, but you've got a little confused. I was replying to She-ra - it's her father that had the extremely high PSA level. My own father also has prostate cancer but his level was much lower.

Cavey said:

I did get confused cavey! Thanks for pointing it out- I just saw PSA and thought it was an extension of your original post. My reading comprehension in the middle of the night clearly isn't the greatest.
I hope your X-ray results didn't reveal anything worrying. Sorry to hear about your dad.. Of course it depends on the case and the stage, but prostate cancer generally has a good prognosis, and hopefully that applies to your dad. Good luck to both of you. :)

I received my X Ray and full blood screening results this morning. I am happy to report that my lungs are completely normal. My blood work is "satisfactory", but still shows signs of my infection - I'm not sure how to interpret that. I am going to guess that it means I have no major problems but that there may be some slight deficiencies. I shall make an appointment to discuss those further.

Cavey said:
I received my X Ray and full blood screening results this morning. I am happy to report that my lungs are completely normal. My blood work is "satisfactory", but still shows signs of my infection - I'm not sure how to interpret that. I am going to guess that it means I have no major problems but that there may be some slight deficiencies. I shall make an appointment to discuss those further.

I'm so glad about your results Cavey, but I certainly hope that those slight deficiencies can be taken care of easily. Good luck!

Cavey said:

That's good to hear Cavey! I hope your next appointment renders good news as well.

Cavey said:

Great news Cavey :). Hope the rest can be sorted out at the appointment. Don't forget to eat your Weetabix and you'll be reet ;).

Latest posts

Back