Another insight into the mind of Mr. Brown...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Iblis_Trigger

Reaction score
In a previous post of mine, I was talking about how I had a wall around my heart with impossible-to-get-past security. Well, here is what I failed to mention:

Do I want this "protection" around me? NO!!! This protection should not have even been necessary!!!!!!!!!

However, as the old saying goes, "Better safe than sorry", right?

I know I have something special, and what remains, I want to and have to protect it with a vengeance (if need be).

I do not make my posts on here to offend or to be a prick, so I want to that that I'm Sorry to anyone I may have offended during my time here.

What good does that wall do you?
Yeah, okay, I get that it stops you from being hurt. BUT, it also stops you from being real, from taking the risk necessary to find someone to love.
Trust me when I say I know why you put that wall up in the first place. I had one up for YEARS and the only thing it did for me was to screw my life up even more than it already was.
You can't find someone to love, someone who's going to love you if you don't take a risk...and you can't do that with a wall up.

Callie said:
What good does that wall do you?
Yeah, okay, I get that it stops you from being hurt. BUT, it also stops you from being real, from taking the risk necessary to find someone to love.
Trust me when I say I know why you put that wall up in the first place. I had one up for YEARS and the only thing it did for me was to screw my life up even more than it already was.
You can't find someone to love, someone who's going to love you if you don't take a risk...and you can't do that with a wall up.

Let me ask you this: If you had a house and someone broke in through your front door to rob it, would you open the back doors and windows in response (basically begging to get robbed again), or would you lock it down?

No, I wouldn't open my house to them, but I also wouldn't build a fortress.
You don't have to explain WHY you put that wall up to me, because I know why, I've been there. All I'm saying is that you won't get far with that wall up

Callie said:
You don't have to explain WHY you put that wall up to me, because I know why, I've been there. All I'm saying is that you won't get far with that wall up

It's better to have a wall up so people will know that you're not one to be trifled with.

For instance, why do you think China built their Grat Wall thousands of years ago? It wasnt exactly for wall-climbing-- It was to tell the world "Hey don't fresia with us!" And the world (for the most part) left China alone because of their Great Wall.

Think about that one for a moment, would you? :)

Not everyone who enters you house wants to rob you.

All it takes is just one who DOES want to rob you, buddy.

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Callie said:

It's better to have a wall up so people will know that you're not one to be trifled with.

For instance, why do you think China built their Grat Wall thousands of years ago? It wasnt exactly for wall-climbing-- It was to tell the world "Hey don't fresia with us!" And the world (for the most part) left China alone because of their Great Wall.

You're making excuses and trying really hard to justify this. Be cynical all you want, but if you post something, you're bound to get differing opinions

Callie said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Callie said:

You're making excuses and trying really hard to justify this. Be cynical all you want, but if you post something, you're bound to get differing opinions

While you are so correct on that point, I know that I will get differing opinions. While I respect the opinions, if I disagree with something, I will say so and Why I disagree.

With no disrespect to anyone, of course.

Latest posts

Back