another saturday night

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlontheshelf

Reaction score
It's another Saturday night. nobody to talk too. i am alone I'm reminded AGAIN i have no friends, boyfriend, husband or family really supporting me doing my depression. /I feel worthless, I'm dealing with diabetes and depression so i'm on medical leave from my job. I have no money. My sister and brother have jobs ,making money and both brought new cars. I have nothing no car, no house nothing.I never was good in school so I feel worthless.I'm not good at anything. Nobody understand depression in my world. can you believe I tried to pour my heart out yesterday to my mother and she said"what is it now. ".wow! mom you just put a knife through my heart.why can't you support me. My so called boyfriend doesn't give me the time of days. I just feel so invisible. Nobody can see me dying inside. everybody looking at their new cars and doing their own thing.i can feel myself not caring about anything. i'm just going to sit in my recline chair and what ever happens happens.I'm going to dream. i'm in a car a driving o to the beach. i wish i knew how to drive soo i can go to the beach and see thge sunset.. in my world i was always an afterthought. . in my head my dreams im nobody afterthought

P.S to all people suffering from depression right now. ONE day i hope we will see the sunshine at the end of the tunnel

=( *hug*

girlontheshelf said:
P.S to all people suffering from depression right now. ONE day i hope we will see the sunshine at the end of the tunnel

I'm hoping to die too.

Hey, sorry to see you go through this. :\

You know, my family wouldn't care to hear my issues out too.. I think I've long stopped relying on them for anything at all.

You can always pour your heart out here, if it helps any. It sucks that your boyfriend doesn't even give you the attention you need, perhaps you need to tell him how it's going for you and how you'd like him to hear you out. It's really not much to ask of a boyfriend/girlfriend to just listen. What's the point if he won't give you the time?

Hopefully Sunday is going to be a better day where you'll feel at least somewhat better. Take care, please, and hang in there.

A lot of people who haven't suffered from depression don't know what it is like. They assume that you can 'snap out of it' or something, and have no appreciation of how soul destroying it is. This only increases the loneliness. As Ladyforsaken said, you can come on here any time and we will understand.

Instead of complaining about how much your life sucks, do something about it.

Nothing will change if you complain. Take action now to change your life!

Does it help you if I say "me too"? No? I didn't think it would. Misery doesn't really like company. But my story is a lot like yours in all the important ways.

I know this doesn't really help, either, but the way I dealt with it is to force myself to stop wanting things I can't have. There's no magic formula for doing that. It kind of just happens when you get worn out from fighting fate and settle down into acceptance. I now have my bad moments but I'm mostly content and usually feel decent. If you hang in there, you probably won't end up with that car or a big group of friends, but you'll stop _needing_ those things and have peace.

Wishing you the best.

I could never be depressed. I have felt low and unhappy in the past. Thankfully it never lasted that long. It was always about a woman. Usually a woman who I liked who didn't like me back and all the honeysuckle that came with it.

Yes I have bad days, somebody says something that upsets me but I soon snap out of it.
There are too many things to look forward to. Books to read, films to see, TV shows, sports to follow, sports to play, photographs to take etc.
Even walking in the park on a sunny day makes me happy. And what could be better than walking along a beach and the only sound you hear is the waves crashing ?
I mean I haven't got a girlfriend, I haven't got any close friends but so what ?
It doesn't stop me enjoying my life.

Stonely said:

Yep

I love it how the moderator's personal chums are the most abusive and vicious of anyone here. Someone comes here for support and they bully that person to compensate for their own feeling of inadequacy. And nothing is done about it because they're the moderator's personal chums.

EDIT: This forum has gone completely down the toilet and the only reason a decent person would stay here is in order to protect new members from abuse by the inner circle clique that controls the website.

mickey said:
I love it how the moderator's personal chums are the most abusive and vicious of anyone here. Someone comes here for support and they bully that person to compensate for their own feeling of inadequacy. And nothing is done about it because they're the moderator's personal chums.

EDIT: This forum has gone completely down the toilet and the only reason a decent person would stay here is in order to protect new members from abuse by the inner circle clique that controls the website.

How is what you wrote here have anything to do with the thread topic itself?

I have to agree with Stonely. Nothing will change if you don't do something to make it change. You will spend your Saturday nights alone, unless you choose not to. Go out and do something. Yes, you may be alone the first few times, but I'm sure at some point, you will meet someone and get a new friend to do things will. Even if it's just a club for a hobby you pick up that meet on Saturday nights.

ladyforsaken said:
mickey said:

How is what you wrote here have anything to do with the thread topic itself?

Be careful, you might be part of the inner circle clique!! :club: lol
It has nothing to do with the topic. People on a made up mission, must remain on said mission....regardless.

TheRealCallie said:
I have to agree with Stonely. Nothing will change will you don't do something to make it change. You will spend your Saturday nights alone, unless you choose not to. Go out and do something. Yes, you may be alone the first few times, but I'm sure at some point, you will meet someone and get a new friend to do things will. Even if it's just a club for a hobby you pick up that meet on Saturday nights.

Been there, done that. These groups/clubs can be quite cliquey also, and a lot o time a newbie (outsider) has a hard time fitting in.

mickey said:

Sorry to dissapoint you but I'm going to tell you what I told someone else who made those kind of false claims, you are WRONG. None of our "personal chums" get away with anything either so knock it off.

LonelyInAtl said:
TheRealCallie said:
I have to agree with Stonely. Nothing will change will you don't do something to make it change. You will spend your Saturday nights alone, unless you choose not to. Go out and do something. Yes, you may be alone the first few times, but I'm sure at some point, you will meet someone and get a new friend to do things will. Even if it's just a club for a hobby you pick up that meet on Saturday nights.

Been there, done that. These groups/clubs can be quite cliquey also, and a lot o time a newbie (outsider) has a hard time fitting in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there aren't cliques out there, but how much is it an actual clique and how much is it that that's the way YOU (generalized) perceive it? A lot of time, a group of people that are regulars are going to know each other and talk and sometimes people see that as a clique when, in reality, it's really not. It's more that you (as the newbie) don't know how to insert yourself into the group because they are talking and already seem to be good friends.

mickey said:

What are you talking about? Please, feel free to message me with any concerns. I'm honestly confused at where you see this inner circle clique taking over this forum.

Tiina63 said:
A lot of people who haven't suffered from depression don't know what it is like. They assume that you can 'snap out of it' or something, and have no appreciation of how soul destroying it is. This only increases the loneliness. As Ladyforsaken said, you can come on here any time and we will understand.

Tina63,

I am sooo tired of my mom and sister telling me to snap out of it. Most of the time, my family and my "boyfriend" trigger my depression.

Stonely said:

Stonely and others,

If i hear ONE more person say this S**t i am going to scream.When a person has DEPRESSION,what you just said mean NOTHING and does not help. Stonely and others ,can you please educate yourself about depression.. Right now, i do not need to hear this Sh*t or other people with depression need to hear this crap.

girlontheshelf said:
Stonely said:

Stonely and others,

If i hear ONE more person say this S**t i am going to scream.When a person has DEPRESSION,what you just said mean NOTHING and does not help. Stonely and others ,can you please educate yourself about depression.. Right now, i do not need to hear this Sh*t or other people with depression need to hear this crap.

Actually, you do need to hear it.
And I've had massive depression in the past, so don't bother telling me that I need to educate myself. Sitting on your ass doing nothing only deepens said depression. So, scream all you want. Hell, perhaps that will help you to do something.
Just because you don't WANT to do something, doesn't mean you shouldn't do that something anyway. FORCE yourself, if you have to, but don't just sit there living in the depression because that does NOTHING but make it worse.
If you want it to change, if you want out of your depression, you HAVE to do something, because wallowing in it won't change it. The choice is yours, take the advice or leave it, no skin off my nose.

TheRealCallie said:
If you want it to change, if you want out of your depression, you HAVE to do something, because wallowing in it won't change it. The choice is yours, take the advice or leave it, no skin off my nose.

I just have to echo what Callie said, I do agree - this is really important and we don't say it to override how you're feeling or the depression you're going through, or ignore it or overlook it in any way. This is what one should try to do especially in that depressed state. It's tough as hell, but it's going to be well worth it.

I cannot stress it enough to people how important it is to actually get up and do something if you really want things to change or the depression to go away. Dwelling in it for way too long won't help, crying about it and asking why why why would only go so far. Don't indulge in it though.

It's okay to spend some time feeling it and letting the emotions wash over you, spend days to wallow and bawl your eyes out or mope around, but there has to be a limit to that, it can't go on for too long or you'll be in too deep to even realise that you actually can do something about it.

Hello girlontheshelf,

Your post hit me. Our situations are different, but the feelings towards them are similar. My mom's signature line when it came to my issues with depression was "it's all in your head, don't worry about it". It's very hard when you put a lot of trust into someone, and they let you down in that way.

I know you don't know me, but if you ever find yourself sitting in that chair going nowhere, feel free to send me a message. I am always around on a Saturday night :)

TheRealCallie said:
girlontheshelf said:
Stonely and others,

Actually, you do need to hear it.
And I've had massive depression in the past, so don't bother telling me that I need to educate myself. Sitting on your ass doing nothing only deepens said depression. So, scream all you want. Hell, perhaps that will help you to do something.
Just because you don't WANT to do something, doesn't mean you shouldn't do that something anyway. FORCE yourself, if you have to, but don't just sit there living in the depression because that does NOTHING but make it worse.

I completely understand both sides to this. Yes, many people do need to hear it. Even if it's not as easy as "snapping out of it" we all need to hear harsh reality, because eventually it's going to slap us in the face anyway.

However, it's not a simple thing to do, even if we do hear it and know it. It's easy to know we should do something. But it's hard for some people to get that ball rolling. It's not like being lazy at doing laundry (which I currently am right now), or not wanting to help move a hundred pounds of fallen tree limbs (which I did yesterday). It's much more to it than just realizing or knowing. I would even think it's beyond trying for some people. It's just hard to get out of a depression or a slump. If it were easy, no one would be depressed for very long.

Latest posts

Back