answer and ask a question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst day of the year for me. Lost my Mom January of 2022 and I'm still deeply grieving. My other loved ones have all passed and I'll be alone. But I'll volunteer at a soup kitchen.

Other than in a bed, what places have you slept?

@Jeanine I am sorry for your loss. I lost mine a few years back.

All that comes to mind is a sleeping bag, couch, futon and the living room floor.

When was the last time you painted something, either as art or home maintenance?

Growing up, my comfort place was always my Grandma's house.
Home wasn't bad either, but my Grandma did always make the experience of going over there, cozy.

What's the craziest hairdo you've ever had?

I had dreadlocks for a while in 2009, then before that, in high school I had a mohawk for a day - my Mom shaved it off when I got home, lol 😄

I tried to grow my hair long when I was younger. I didn’t cut it for over a year. It looked like a bad mullet (something I didn’t want) transplanted with a mop. Never again.

If you won the lottery and had more money than you could need, what is the one hobby you would do to pass the time?

Feed some hungry people who have no food.

How long do you think is optimum for leaving a single tea bag in a cup before you squeeze it fetch it out and add milk?

Feed some hungry people who have no food.

How long do you think is optimum for leaving a single tea bag in a cup before you squeeze it fetch it out and add milk?
I leave it in until I finish the cup.
Straight tea only, no milk/lemon/honey/etc...

Cold pillow or warm? (I much prefer cold)

I'd have to say cold. It gets warm quickly.

Nightlight on or off at bedtime?

Off. I like it as dark as possible, even wear an eye mask to that end. Wear ear plugs too. Sleep takes effort.

If you had a large yard and wanted to plant trees, but you could only plant trees of one kind, what would you choose?

Off. I like it as dark as possible, even wear an eye mask to that end. Wear ear plugs too. Sleep takes effort.

If you had a large yard and wanted to plant trees, but you could only plant trees of one kind, what would you choose?

Ooh, that's a tough and interesting question.

We actually cut down the last of our trees last year, I was sad to see them go since they've been here forever, since before us even. But one was diseased badly, and the other was probably going to be a falling hazard, so it had to be done, unfortunately.

The Lorax has been staring angrily at us from his stump, ever since 😄

Hmm what tree though?

Maybe an autumn blaze maple tree. The leaves turn bright shades of yellow, orange, and red in the fall.

Here's my question:

what musician would you challenge in a foot-race, and be confident you could win?

They have to be near your own age - for example, no challenging Willie Nelson, unless you are also 90ish.

Then you can challenge Willie Nelson.

I want to ask a question!

As per usual, I find myself with no vacay plans (not surprisingly my SO has plans again all year). What are some good trips I can take while that MF is out? Prefer stuff on the west coast US but if it’s spelunking or camping I am willing to travel further. Suggestions?

*editing to add aside from spelunking and camping, I would love trips with trains, boats (hell, anything ocean bound) or any path that bumps me into Stephen King or Dean Koontz. :p

Sorry Dart, I don't know much about the West Coast. But Stephen King lives in Maine so maybe you could check out Acadia national park : )

what musician would you challenge in a foot-race, and be confident you could win?

They have to be near your own age - for example, no challenging Willie Nelson, unless you are also 90ish.

Then you can challenge Willie Nelson.
Hmm, maybe Courtney Love? Lol

Do you prefer working from a list or just winging it?

Haha. I think you've got her. How long of a race will it be for? 100m dash? Quarter mile? The full mile? How about two?

I understand the benefits of working from a list in theory, and need to get better at working from lists.
But in practice I often end up winging it, to less-than-stellar results.

What is something you want to do, to improve your life, but are scared to do?

Stop procrastinating. I don't know if I'm actually scared to, but I can't seem to do it. And I've managed some real scary things, but stopping procrastinating eludes me -- ugh 😄

If you could fly a plane with a banner, what would your banner say?

Latest posts

Back